• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 567 Views, 2 Comments

A Midsummer Nightmare - Globalnet



...Its motives are therefore inscrutable, and what appears to be play may in fact indicate a darker purpose or just its endless fondness for mischief

  • ...
 2
 567

2 - I Have Much To Impart

Chapter 2 - I Have Much To Impart

Fluttershy was a busy pony. It was hard taking care of all the woodland creatures that scurried to her shelter. She acknowledged each as it's own individual, taking note of each and every quirk, needs and wants. Most ponies don't realize how stressful such occupation entails, keeping her composure was her best kept secret. She just finished measuring Angel's midnight snack, chopped carrots at exactly one thousand two hundred and sixty eight milliliters seasoned with a one tablespoon of salt . She poured the graduated cylinder into the bowl. Calling her beloved companion to eat his snack, she departed for her nightly stroll around her front porch. She enjoyed unwinding outside at midnight, especially since Princess Luna came back. While most ponies barely noticed the difference, she saw the elegant alignment of the stars, the skillful ascent and descent of the moon. She began to observe the Everfree forest. It was calm and peaceful during the dead of the night, at least from her perspective. She then inhaled the cool summer breeze, before returning to her house.

That is, until she heard the disgruntled howls of Timberwolves. Springing into action, she took her emergency critter saddlebag, and dashed into the Everfree forest. Of course, before changing the paddings, brushed and tucked Angel into bed and locked the front door. After which, she took for the Everfree forest. She quickly navigate the dimly lit forest and everglade trees to arrive at the source of the noise. She saw the pack of Timberwolves writhing in the ground, attached to each of them seemed to be a magical light beam that connects everyone to the center of a small orb. She quickly rushed to the nearest wolf, slowly caressing the suffering creature.

“Ssssh.. Don’t worry... Fluttershy’s here to help.” She cooed the poor creature, slowly moving dragging the fallen wolf back to her cottage. Suddenly, the line snapped as she went farther out. She shrieked as the magical energy dissipated and caused the wolf to shriek in terrible pain. The wolf then began to limp towards the floor. Her pupils shrank in horror of the spectacle.

The shocked pegasus was in turmoil and panic. She did not have experience to whatever cast such spell. She began to dart out of the Everfree, and flew directly to the only pony she knew could help.

----

“... Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle’.

The door rung.

“T...L... E Aaaanndd.. Period.” The young purple dragon penned the last symbol in a fairly lengthy letter.

The door rung slightly louder than before.

“Yes, Spike! However in some countries, they are known as full stops.”

“Yeah.. Yeah.. Yeah...” Spike answered back. “ Ya know, Twi. It’s getting awfully dark.”

The door rung for a third time, with an increasingly aggravated sender.

“Yes! A baby dragon needs his sleep!” Twilight kissed Spike’s forehead before sending him to sleep. “Goodnight Spike!”

“Goodn-”

Fluttershy, unable to contain herself, forced open the front door of the Library. Both Spike and Twilight were caught surprised, immediately jumping up.

“Fluttershy!”

“TWILIGHT! Oh Twi It’s terrible! Terrible! Oh! I’m.. Uhm..” Fluttershy shrunk at the realization of breaking down her friend’s door.” s-sorry..”

“No.. no.” Twilight waived her hoof dismissively. “It’s fine. More importantly Fluttershy, What’s terrible?”

“Oh Twilight! Come quick! There are a pack of Timberwolves in need of your assistance! I- I.. mean.. Of course... if you’d like...”

“Uhm.. Sure? I mean, you’re much better at taking care of Woodland creatures than I am”

“But Twilight! They’ve been the victim of some horrible horrible spell!”

With that, Twilight look determined. She took her saddlebags and notepaper. Something casting magic spells in the Everfree was worth a midnight expedition.

“Lock the door, Spike. I’ll be back.”

----

They arrived at the scene of the crime. Two more Timberwolves died due to the pain and some were being eaten alive by bears. Fluttershy force the predators out of their feast as Twilight took her notepaper. Twilight has never seen this kind of magic before, and with each probing with her horn the more and more interested she gets. She wrote franticly whatever feedback or feelings she got from her tests. She seemed confident that she could tap into whatever this was spell was. So she slowly lifted her horn to make contact with the orb.

“Twilight... Uhmm... are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“Of course, Fluttershy. The magic of whatever creature lives here couldn’t possibly trump whatever the Princess herself has assigned to me!”

With that, she moved forward to make contact with the orb, immediately causing her to jolt back in pain. She was horrified as time slowed down and everything slowly went black.

Author's Note:

Hello! This is a side project I've been working on. This may or may not reach a conclusion but a third and fourth chapter will be in store for you! Don't expect hefty updates however. Thanks! And if you play Dota 2, you are free to add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/PSyglobalnet

Protip: I'm not good. Level 3 and with 6 wins.. But most of my experience comes from Dota 1 and bot games in Dota 2. I've only now been matchmaking.

Comments ( 2 )

Mate, this is good. Puck in my opinion is one of those Heros that would be VERY entertaining in the MLP universe. And so far, your delivering exponentially. Keep this up.

A crossover with one of my favorite dota 2 characters? And where (s)he/it will interact with discord? :pinkiehappy:
When can we expect more?

Login or register to comment