• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 7,798 Views, 491 Comments

Beyond Equestria - Grave_Wing



When a boom tube goes into overload, Terry McGinnis, a.k.a the new Batman, finds himself in the new world known as Equestria.

  • ...
45
 491
 7,798

Issue #1

Five minutes earlier…

-BOOM!-

A loud boom echoed throughout the quiet night in Manehattan. Most would mistake the sound for a cat that just fell into a dumpster, but it was much louder on the top of one of the tall buildings in the quiet city. A bright white glow could be seen on top of the building from a distance, resembling a large flashlight. The boom tube portal opened and a dark figure shot out. The figure slammed onto the ground due to the world’s gravity and tumbled closer to the edge before stopping. The light from the bright boom tube illuminated the black body, showing off its silver belt that was around its waist and the red bat symbol that was on its chest. The boom tube began to flash as the portal was becoming unstable. It soon disappeared into the night, leaving no trace of its existence in this world.

The white eyes of the dark knight began to slowly open. He rubbed his head as he got up to his knees. His eyes went wide as he began to remember the earlier events. The dark knight quickly checked his belt, just to sigh as he found the silver gun still sheathed where he left it. Terry groaned and got to his feet. He scanned his surroundings and paused. The white eyes on the dark knight went wide as he looked at the buildings that spanned the plain before him. He wasn’t unfamiliar with tall buildings in Gotham, but these seemed too old. The street lights illuminated the many roads that went across the sleeping city. The yellow glow of the lights collided with the starry sky that hung over the massive city. Terry looked in marvel at the large moon that bathed the city in its glow.

“Looks like New York.” Terry said to himself. “But it seems… older.” The dark knight stood and watched the city, the cool wind of fall blowing onto him. He was about to contact the batcave when he heard a scream.

Terry quickly ran to where he heard the sound. He looked over the edge of the building to see a figure running down a dark alley. The figure looked small and wore a yellow and pink jacket. But behind the figure was another. The second figure slowly chased after the supposed girl. The dark knight quickly jumped off the building. His retractable red wings stretched out from under his arms as he glided in the night air. He continued to watch the girl twisting and turning down many alleys. His rocket boots activated as he saw the dead end the girl was going to run in. Terry narrowed his white eyes as he landed on the building that was close to the dead end. He retracted his wings and sprinted on the grey building. The dark knight quickly reached into his belt and held a red and black batarang. He could literally feel the girls fear as she walked into the dead end. He stopped at the edge of the building, standing over the girl that was pinned in the dark alley. He watched as the man began to walk over to the girl, anger and pleasure in his eyes.

-WHIIISK!-

-SHINK!-

Terry watched as the dark figured man directed his eyes to him on the building. The dark figures eyes went into pinpricks as he saw the dark knight standing there. He could see the figure shaking in fear as he looked at the dark knight.

“It’s a school night kids,” Terry smiled. “Shouldn’t you two be in bed?”

The dark knight jumped from where he was standing. He landed right in front of the yellow and pink…. Pony!? Terry looked over his shoulder at the frightened pony he thought was a girl. His white eyes grew in size as he looked at the pony. Her, at least he thought it was a her, was much smaller than him. The pony’s height only went up to his waist, though it was much smaller since it was shaking in fear of the dark knight. Her coat was a soft yellow and her mane was a soft pink. Terry blinked as he swore he just saw the pony have wings. Sure, the dark knight has seen weird things, but not a pastel coloured pony. The dark knight looked back at the man just to have the same reaction. In front of him was a fear induced stallion. Again, at least he thought it was a stallion. It was wearing a black trench coat and had a dark black mane. Its fur was covered by the jacket it wore.

“W-Who, or what, the buck are you?” the stallion stuttered.

Terry couldn’t believe it. Not only was he protecting a pastel pony from a stallion, but it actually talked to him. He began to rub his head in pain. Everything wasn’t making any sense. Ponies, if not all animals, shouldn’t be able to talk. Then again, he remembered about the aliens he’s seen over the years.

“Take a hike and get out of here,” Terry glared at the scared stallion. “Or the next one’s going in your leg.” Terry didn’t like making threats, but it got the job done. The stallion began to run out of the alley, screaming bloody murder.

The dark knight looked behind him at the scared mare. She was huddled into a ball and was shaking in fear. Her petite face was covered by her long pink mane. Terry sighed and got down on his knees so he could be at her level. She shook some more, trying to squeeze herself into the brick wall behind her. He raised his hand to comfort her, just to see her squeal in fear. Terry shakily petted the mane on her head, his fingers cutting through her silky mane. The mare began to slow stop shivering as the dark knight petted her, trying desperately to calm her down. The mare sheepishly looked through her mane at the dark knight, her blue eyes meeting the white eyes.

“Eep!” the mare quickly hid her face under her mane, causing Terry to sigh. He got back up to his feet and looked up at the sky, preparing to fly off. He looked back down at the mare and sighed, face palming.

“Look, I’m not here to hurt you.” Terry couldn’t believe what he was saying. “I know you can understand me, so you’re welcome.” Terry was about to fly off when he heard something. “What was that?”

“T-Thank you…” the mare said sheepishly. The dark knight smiled.

“Just doing my job.”

-BZZZMMM!-

“Huh?-“

-SLAM!-

-THUD!-

Terry winced in pain as he was shot in the chest by a beam. He sat on the stony cobblestone floor, his back against the brick wall. Smolder came off his chest and disappeared into the air. The dark knight looked across the alley to see a group of stallions. they all wore a blue uniform and hat. One of the stallions had a horn that stuck out of his forehead. The horn had smolder rising off of it, an indication of its use. The second one had its wings outstretched, trying to make itself look bigger. The third one was much more petite, probably the mare of the group. She looked at the dark knight in fear and intrigue. The unicorn’s horn began to glow, and indication that the stallion was charging up another blast.

“Not on my watch, Charlie.” Terry reached into his belt and grabbed a batarang.

-WHIIISK!-

-SHINK!-

The batarang sliced through the stallion’s horn with ease. It flew over the shocked group and embedded itself into the brick wall in the alley. The horn slowly fell off the stallions head and hit the ground with a soft thunk. Terry winced and got up to his feet. He rubbed the spot where the stallion shot him, sighing in relief that it didn’t tear the suit. He watched as the group stood there for what felt like hours. The hornless unicorn looked at his severed horn and then to his forehead. His scream of pain caused Terry and the group to cover their ears. The stallion fell to the ground, crying in pain. His screams and cries caused the city to come to life. Lights from within buildings began to spring on as the city wondered what was going on.

“GRAAAHH!!!” the Pegasus stallion roared in anger and charged at Terry in rage.

-SLAM!-

“Ooph!”

The dark knight was shoulder charged into the abdomen. The enraged Pegasus pinned the dark knight onto the wall, the impact pushing the air out of Terry’s lungs. The Pegasus stepped back from the stunned man and reeled his forehoof back. Terry quickly caught the hoof in the air and kicked the angry Pegasus away. The stallion landed on his hooves, the metal horseshoes grinding on the cobblestone floor. The Pegasus roared and charged at the dark knight, pure hatred in his eyes. Terry dodged two blows. He tried to kick the stallion away, but the Pegasus knew this time. Instead, the Pegasus ducked under the dark knight’s leg and twirled around. His two back legs shot out and kicked the dark knight in the chest. Terry slammed into the brick wall. He groaned in pain as he struggled to stay on his feet. The dark knight looked up to see the stallion rushing at him again. His white eyes narrowed as he quickly jumped over the incoming hoof. He landed on his hands and back flipped onto his feet. Before the stallion could react, Terry kicked his right in to the wall.

-SLAM!-

-THUD!-

The stallion fell to the ground. His head was bleeding and he was unconscious. The dark knight sighed. He looked over to the petite yellow mare and frowned. She was horrified at the spectacle. Her eyes were locked with the stallion that lost his horn. Terry looked over to the stallion to see him getting back up onto his hooves. He shakily walked over to the batarang that was embedded into the cobblestone floor.

-SHINK!-

The stallion glared at the dark knight with hate. He held the batarang in his hoof, an impossible feat to an animal with no hands. Terry backed away from the mad stallion. He looked back at the frightened mare and then at the stallion. The dark knight stood his ground and got into a combat stance, beckoning for the stallion to come. The stallion ran at the dark knight, his eyes locked with the white eyes of the Batman. Terry quickly blocked the batarang that was in the stallions hoof. The stallion swung madly with the batarang, determined to cut the dark knight. Terry continued to block, the blade on the batarang making small cuts on his forearms. The stallion tried to attack again, but his fore hoof was caught in mid-air. Terry grabbed his foreleg with both hands. He slammed the stallion into the brick wall and let go. The stallion fell to the ground with a thud, clearly unconscious. The dark knight looked over to the third member of the group just to see the mare run away. He turned to the scared yellow mare and bent down.

“We have to get out of here,” Terry ordered. “She’s probably going to get more.” Terry scooped up the frightened mare.

“B-But… Eep!” the frightened mare shook as the red and black retractable wings shootout. Terry grinned.

“Hold on!” The mare compiled by wrapping her hooves around his neck.

-FSHOOOM!-

The dark knight’s rocket boots shot the duo into the air. They flew up over the building and hovered for a moment. The dark knight’s white eyes went wide as he scanned the area. A group of Pegasus were flying over to them, their uniforms matching the ones that Terry already fought. He curved around in the air and flew past them, stunning them for a moment. The sounds of their wings flapping were an indication that they were following him. The dark knight and the sheepish mare twisted and turned around buildings. No matter what Terry did, he couldn’t lose the determined ponies that chased him. He banked around and flew straight at them. The ponies slowed to a stop and quickly split up to avoid the speeding red and black dark knight. The butter yellow mare tried to say something, but was too scared.

-BZZZMMM!- -BZZMMM!- -BZZZMMM!-

Terry whizzed around as beams of energy was shot at him. He dodges two beams and barely avoided the third. The dark knight looked to see more of those ponies stationed on the rooftops, trying to shoot him down. His white eyes went wide as a lavender colored beam got dangerously close to him, aimed at his chest. Terry quickly flipped around and held the yellow mare tightly and he braced for impact.

“GAAHH!” Terry took the beam straight on his back. The suit absorbed most of the hit, but the blow caused his to let go of the yellow mare. The mare began to fall from the sky, her screams echoing in the quiet city.

The dark knight gasped as he saw the mare leave his grip and fall from the sky. He ignored the pain of the beam and flew after the falling mare. His red wings retracted back into his suit as he put his arms to his side. Gravity shot him down like a bullet as he tried to grab the falling mare, his white eyes narrowed to catch her. The yellow mare looked at the dark knight and tried to stick out her hoof. Terry stuck out his arm and tried to reach for her hoof. He activated his rocket boots to give him more of a thrust. Suddenly, a cyan colored blur flew past him and took the yellow mare. The blur left a long rainbow streak as it banked around. Terry quickly pointed his legs down and slowed to just a hover. He landed on top of an empty building and watched the rainbow streak. The blur brought his attention to the building that was across from his.

On top of the building across from the dark knight were four ponies. The first one was a lavender color. Her dark purple mane blew in the cool wind. A long pink streak ran through the mare’s mane. Her violet eyes were locked on the dark knight, filled with intrigue and determination. The second pony was a light orange with a tied up blonde mane. Her brown Stetson hat blew in the wind. The third pony was all pink. The dark knight raised an eyebrow as the pony was literally hopping on her spot. The last pony was a marshmallow white color with an indigo mane. Her blue eyes almost glowed in the night light. the rainbow streak landed next to the ponies. It revealed a cyan colored Pegasus with a multicolored mane, one of which Terry wouldn’t have believed if he wasn’t looking at the group of pastel ponies. The group all looked at the dark knight with one thing in mind:

To take him down.

Author's Note:

Wow! So many favourites in one day! I'm not even that good but apparently all you guys beg to differ!
Thank you all for this! I hope you enjoy the coming issues as much as you like this!:twilightsmile:

Next Issue: Terry McGinnis vs. The Mane Six!
Edited by The Valeyard! Thanks you!