• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 7,795 Views, 491 Comments

Beyond Equestria - Grave_Wing



When a boom tube goes into overload, Terry McGinnis, a.k.a the new Batman, finds himself in the new world known as Equestria.

  • ...
45
 491
 7,795

Issue #4

Applejack yawned to herself. She sheepishly rubbed her eyes and got out of bed. the farmer pony took no mind to the sleeping white mare that slept in the bed beside hers. She opened the door to the room and walked to the kitchen. Her blonde mane hung over her eyes, almost blocking her view as she brushed away the strands of her silky hair and opened up the fridge. Applejack smiled as she grabbed a bottle of cider and closed the fridge. The mare leaned against a wall and opened the bottle with her hooves and smiled as she took a sip of it. The burn of the alcohol woke up her senses. Her ears perked up as she heard a door open. The farmer mare quickly hid the bottle of cider as a purple unicorn came out of her bedroom.

“Can’t get any sleep, Twi?” The purple unicorn smiled and yawned.

“I’ve read all the books I’ve gotten from the library yesterday.” Twilight walked over to the farmer mare. “The only thing I could find that was remotely close to the creature’s description was a Minotaur. But that thing has no hooves so-“

“Twilight, you’re more determined to find this thing than Rainbow Dash.” Applejack chuckled. “I mean, ever since she stole that police communicator, she’s been going outside every night.” Twilight leaned against a wall. She put a hoof to her chin as she got deep in thought.

“What if it is an alien?”



“Say what?” Applejack gave her a questionable look.

“Well, Fluttershy said she’s never seen a creature like that before. And she’s the animal expert.” Twilight paused. “Or what if it is a demon? We don’t know half of the things in Tartarus.”

“I don’t know Twi.” Applejack sighed to herself. “But whatever it is, it still saved Fluttershy.”

“Now if only Rainbow Dash could believe that.” Twilight said, glancing at the door that leads into the rainbow pony’s room.

< * / * \ * >

-FSHOOOM!-

Terry flew high in the sky. His rocket boots shot him around the city. He gazed over his shoulder to see the cyan mare still hot on his trail, her magenta eyes locked on the dark knight. He dived down, his red wings cutting through the cool air. Rainbow Dash shot after him. The dark knight quickly flew straight, his chest almost scratching the cobblestone floor. He passed a couple ground police, weaving and flying around them. Rainbow shot past the police with ease, ignoring their protests. No matter what Terry did, he couldn’t lose her. The dark knight shot upwards as he approached a building. He looked down to see that the cyan mare disappeared. His white eyes narrowed as he flew up. He looked at the glass windows, gazing at his reflection. The dark knight’s eyes went wide as he saw a cyan bullet approaching him in the reflection.

-CRASH!-

The cyan pony slammed into Terry’s back. The duo smashed through the building’s window and into a large office building. Rainbow Dash jumped off the dazed dark knight and slid on her hooves. Terry brushed off the shards of glass and got to his feet. He held his head in pain. He quickly got into a combat stance. His white eyes narrowed. He could’ve sworn he saw her eyes flash. Rainbow grinned and charged at him. The dark knight quickly blocked two blows and countered a third with a punch to the jaw. He rapidly punched her in the gut and proceeded to kick her away. The dark room gave him an advantage as he disappeared into the shadows. Rainbow quickly recovered and looked around the room. Her magenta eyes darted around the room, determined to find the dark knight.

“So why do you hate me so much?” Terry said from the shadows. His voice seemed to echo around the room. “I mean, I did save your friend.”

“Lies! You were probably going to kill her!”

“Really? What’s your proof?” Terry said. “I saved her from getting raped. Just because I might look intimidating, doesn’t mean I’m a demon.” Rainbow stood in her spot.

“You’re right.” Terry sighed to himself. He finally got through to her.

-THADUM!-

“You’re a monster!” The light from the spotlight from outside stunned the dark knight. He shielded his eyes, barely able to see the rainbow maned pony running at him. Rainbow Dash twirled around and kicked the dark knight in the chest with her back legs.

-CRASH!-

Terry was kicked straight out of the building. His red wings quickly sprung out. He held out his arms and glided against the wind. He gazed over his shoulder to see the enraged cyan Pegasus jump out of the building and fly after him. His rocket boots shot to life, shooting him away from the pony. He dipped and dived onto the cobblestone floor. The dark knight reached into his belt and grabbed a bunch of black pellets. He tossed the smoke pellets to the ground before he hit the floor. Rainbow Dash screamed as she flew straight into the smoke. Terry flew away from the cloud and hovered. He stayed there for what felt like minutes, hoping he didn’t kill her.

“GRAAAHHH!” Rainbow shot out of the smoky cloud and tackled Terry in the gut. The two crashed through a wooden billboard landing on top of the stony building. Terry kicked the crazed mare off of him and stood on his feet. He rubbed a small trace of blood from his mouth and glared at the cyan pony.

Rainbow charged at him. She tackled the dark knight to the floor and began to punch him in the face. He grabbed her hooves and kneed her in the gut. Rainbow coughed in pain. Terry kicked the cyan mare off of him and got to his feet. Rainbow growled and punched him in the face. She ducked under a fist and punched him in the gut but Terry caught her hoof and punched her twice in the chest. He blocked what would’ve been a haymaker and punched upwards into her jaw. Her head snapped backwards as she stumbled back. Terry kicked her hooves and spun around to kick her right in the side of the face. Rainbow weakly got to her feet. Blood was dripping from her nose. But she still glared at the dark knight with hate.

She ran at the dark knight and kicking him right in the chest as Terry stumbled backwards he looked up to see the mare deliver a right hook to his the face. She punched him right in the gut and bucked him backwards. He blocked the mare’s fury of blows. The dark knight ducked under a blow and punched her repeatedly in the gut. She arched forward in pain, coughing up blood. He almost forgot about his own strength and the amplifier in the suit. Terry wrapped his arm around her neck and got her in a sleeper hold. She began to thrash about, trying to escape. Her wings outstretched. The cyan wings hit the dark knight in the side, causing him to let go as Rainbow shot up into the sky. She banked around and flew towards him. The dark knight braced for impact, not knowing that he was standing on a sunroof.

-CRASH!-

The two smashed through the glass and fell into the large warehouse. They landing on top of a stack of wooden boxes. Terry groaned as he pushed off the couple of crates that had fallen onto him, taking note of the pain in his head and the rest of his body as he sat upwards. He brushed off the random shards of glass and wood and got to his feet. The warehouse was remotely empty. Boxes were stacked up against the walls and in the middle of the room. He didn’t even know he was in the industrial part of the city. He rubbed his shoulder and got off of the destroyed boxes. Terry looked around the room. His gaze stopped as he looked at a pile of boxes that fell over. A cyan hoof stuck out of the pile, unmoving. He rushed over to the buried mare. He quickly began to pull the boxes off of her. Terry paused. Something wasn’t right…

-BZZZMMM!-

“GAH!”

A large green beam shot Terry backwards. He slammed into one of the metal supports that held the warehouse up. The dark knight clenched his chest in pain. Even though only smolder rose from where the blast hit, it still knocked the wind out of him. He gazed upwards. His white eyes went wide. Where the piles of boxes once were was replaced with green fire. The wood burned and crackled in the night. But what stood in the center was what Terry couldn’t believe. A black pony stood in the center of the blaze. One of the fore hooves was a cyan while the other was black with holes in it. Two bug-like wings stuck out of its back. The rainbow mane was now torn and had many holes in it and half of the bug pony’s face was cyan with its magenta eyes while the other half was black and twisted. Two fangs stuck out of the monster’s mouth while its magenta and glowing green eyes glared at the dark knight. Terry got up to his feet and got into a combat stance. The twisted changeling smiled. Terry narrowed his eyes and beckoned for it to come.

-BZZZMMM!-

Batman quickly dodged the green beam taking out a batarang and tossing it at the twisted creature. The changeling sidestepped the blade and rushed at him uppercutting the dark knight and punching him in the gut. Terry caught its hoof and punched it in the chest. His knee connected with the changeling’s jaw, stunning it momentarily. He took it to advantage and kicked the creature away. The changeling landed on its hooves and charged up another blast. The dark knight back flipped away as a bolt of magic struck where he was before. A box wrapped in a green glow slammed into him. Sending him crashing into a stack of boxes that eventually buried him. The changeling smiled in victory.

Terry shot out of the pile of boxes and tackled the changeling to the floor. He punched the creature in the face, determined to at least knock it out. The changeling grabbed both of his fists and mid-air. Its twisted grin grew as he stared into the batmans white eyes. The dark knight looked at the changeling’s hooves to see that they changed into two black hands. The changeling’s arms turned as black as the night. Its face changed into a completely dark face with two glowing green eyes. A tainted red symbol merged on its chest, resembling a bat. Terry flipped away from the shape shifting creature. The creature stood on its hind legs. Two long ears shot out from the creatures head. It stood in full height, the same height as the dark knight. Terry gasped as he realised that the changeling turned into an exact replica of him. The creature beckoned him to come.

The dark knight rushed at the clone. The changeling grinned and blocked a blow. It punched the dark knight in the face and kicked him backwards. Terry quickly blocked as the changeling punched him again ignoring the bright lights that shone through the warehouse’s windows and proceeded to counter one of the blows with a kick. The changeling chuckled causing Terry to narrow his eyes as he shoulder charged the creature to the floor. The clone grabbed a fallen pipe and attempted to swipe at him. Terry flipped off of the clone before he could hit him causing the changeling to jump onto its feet and toss the pipe at the dark knight. He hastily dodged the pipe and countered with a batarang in response. the batarang cut the bat clone on its cheek, causing the changeling to wince. It was about to attack the dark knight when the warehouse door was kicked open. A group of police ponies walked into the warehouse to see that everything had caught on fire. The cloned Batman chuckled and flew up to the shattered sunroof. Terry was about to fly off when a flaming box exploded. He looked at the wooden boxes and gasped.

WARNING: FLAMMABLE FIREWORKS

Terry ran at the cops and tackled them out the flaming building. Fireworks shot out of the ceiling as multiple boxes exploded. The whole building ruptured into a colourful explosion of fireworks and green flames. The other cops that surrounded the building fled in terror as the warehouse exploded. Colorful fireworks shot up into the air, showering the skies in rainbows. Terry stood in silence, watching the spectacle. He gazed at the buildings for any sight of the clone. Before the cops could attack, the dark knight flew off into the sky. He had other things to worry about now.

Like the Identity Thief.

Author's Note:

Told you that you wouldn't have guessed right! The plot twist I know!
If you haven't realized by now, Beyond Equestria is written in a comic like style. Though some don't like the sound fx, they are there!
Though I'm probably going to make a blog post about this, I have to thank all the people who Favorited this and even got it on the featured list! Thanks guys!:twilightsmile:

Next Issue: The Identity Crisis Arc