• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 7,792 Views, 491 Comments

Beyond Equestria - Grave_Wing



When a boom tube goes into overload, Terry McGinnis, a.k.a the new Batman, finds himself in the new world known as Equestria.

  • ...
45
 491
 7,792

Issue #8

Manehattan City Square
22:25

It was a cool night in Manehattan. The bright moon that hovered in the night sky illuminated the decorated streets of the busy city. Fillies and colts in many different costumes ran from house to house, gaining as much candy as their little bags could hold. The city plaza was decorated in dark colors. Different shades of orange and black decorated the plaza that was stuffed with plenty of carnival games. Everypony knew that their children would have cavities for days after the festivity. But they still wished that Luna could’ve come to their city for Nightmare Night.

And yet, in the bright city, no one noticed the shadow that ran across the tall rooftops of the many buildings that spanned the city skyline. Cold water dripped off the fast moving figure as it jumped over an alley gap. Its breath puffed in the chilled air as the dark knight ran. Terry slid to a stop on the roof of a building. He gazed over the edge at the massive carnival that was built in the city square. Ponies in costumes were enjoying the many festivities the carnival had. Terry’s white eyes scanned the large crowd. He ducked into the shadows when he saw a police pony that was patrolling through the bright and colorful carnival. Even though the moon shone down on the city, the carnival brightened up the starry sky.

Terry pressed a button on the side of his temple. His white eyes swapped into a dark red, causing his HUD to change. All the ponies’ in the crowd were altered into a bright blue, their bones visible through the visor. The sounds of fillies and colts playing were lowered to almost a whisper as he focused on the crowd of ponies.

“So this is how Superman sees the world.” Terry said to himself. “Mildly scary, to be honest.”
His laughter died down once he caught an anomaly. Instead of the normal blue that Everypony had, one pony glowed a faint orange. Terry pressed and held onto a button on his mask to zoom in. ‘Scanning’ appeared on the HUD before saying ‘Done’. His eyes narrowed before they turned back to the normal white. His red and black wings shot out from his back and soon the bat was in flight.

<*/*\*>

“Isn’t this carnival super-duper mega awesome?” Pinkie exclaimed as she hopped around in her chicken costume. Fluttershy sneezed as one of pinkie's feathers came loose and brushed her nose.

“Calm down Pinkie!” Applejack smiled at her super hyper friend. “Though, I have to admit, it is pretty amazing.”

“I’m more amazed that the mayor of Manehattan was ok with Pinkie making this Nightmare Night carnival.” Twilight smiled as she gazed around the crowded games and the many candy stands.

“It’s better to not question Pinkie darling,” Rarity said. “You have no idea how easier life becomes.” Twilight smirked at her friend’s witty response. Her smile faded once her violet eyes set on her cyan friend.

“Rainbow Dash, you’ve been quiet for this whole trip.”

“And you ain’t wearing your costume.” Applejack gave her friend a questioning look. “Everything alright?” Rainbow Dash said nothing as the group walked in silence. They all stopped in their place and watched as the cyan Pegasus still kept walking.

“Um, Rainbow Dash?”

“Hm?” Rainbow turned around to see her friends 5 feet away from her. Her cheeks turned rose as she put a hoof behind her head. “Oops, I guess I wasn’t paying attention.” The cyan pony walked back to her friends. She raised an eyebrow then the group gave her a concerning look.

“You’ve been like this the whole day rainbow dash, is everything alright?” Twilight asked.

“U-um yeah! Yeah I’m fine!” Rainbow stuttered. “Just uhh… looking for the bathroom! Yeah!”

“Oh silly! We passed one a while ago!” Pinkie smiled.

“R-Really! Thanks!” Rainbow galloped past her friends. She paused and looked back, giving them a soft smile. “I’ll be back in 20 seconds flat!” the mane 6 watched their cyan friend gallop off and disappear in the multicolored crowd.

“Doesn’t she usually say ’10 seconds flat’?” Applejack asked.

“Well no one could go to the restroom in ten seconds darling. That would be repulsive.”

“But they can in 20 seconds?” Applejack gave the mare a questionable look.

“We are talking about Rainbow here.”

“You’ve been on a roll with these witty responses there Rarity.” Applejack chuckled. “I guess that haircut must’ve done something fierce.” Rarity kicked the southern mare in the leg, scrunching her face in annoyance.

“I have to agree with Applejack.” Twilight said, looking back at where Rainbow ran off to.

“You’re too kind.” Rarity said sarcastically.

“Not the hair!” Twilight blushed. “I mean about Rainbow. She’s been acting... different lately.”

“You could almost say… suspicious…” in a blur, pinkie changed from her chicken suit to a suit and tie. A dark brown top hat sat on her head, squishing her mane down. She adjusted the monocle that was on her right eye and rubbed the white mustache that was stuck to her upper lip. “I say that she’s hiding something! Like maybe she’s a secret agent!” Twilight was about to say something when Rarity glanced at her and shook her head.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to just invade someone’s space Pinkie…” Twilight reeled back as the pink pony literally appeared in front of her.

“Quick on the defense eh? Are YOU a secret agent?” Pinkie gave her violet friend an accusing stare.

“What? No! No one’s a secret agent!” Twilight shot back.

“That’s exactly what a secret agent would say!” Pinkie narrowed her eyes and leaned closer to the purple unicorn. “I’ve got my eye on you, ‘Twilight Sparkle’.”

<*/*\*>

Rainbow Dash hastily galloped around the corner of a candy stand. The cyan mare glanced around the corner, making sure she wasn’t followed. She sighed to herself when all she saw was just the many ponies in costumes minding their own business. Rainbow brushed a strand of her mane out of her face and walked down the somewhat alley, checking for if anyone was listening.

“Bad time for a call mother, you almost got me caught.” Rainbow said to herself. She nodded as an unheard voice spoke to her. She rolled her magenta eyes and sighed. “Yeah but it takes a lot of concentration to talk to you when you’re on the other side of Equestria.”

“Noted.” Rainbow gasped and spun around. Her magenta eyes were met with the silver belt of the tall humanoid figure that stood behind her. She reeled back in horror, not believing what was infront of her. “Enjoying Nightmare Night?”

“H-How?” Rainbow stuttered. “Stallion Gate is un-escapable! How did you get out?” Terry smirked.

“I swam.” Rainbow blinked. A small grin crept onto her face as she gazed behind the tall man in a bat suit. Her magenta eyes began to turn green as her hooves began to catch on fire.

“Alright, you came all the way from jail so you could meet me. I’m touched, really I am.” Her whole body began to glow a faint green as the fire engulfed her in flames. Terry shielded his eyes as the fire got brighter. Her petite body began to grow in size, causing the fire to grow. She stood on her hind legs as her body altered. Her forearms began to bulk up, her cyan fur turning a dark blue. Two four fingered hands grew out from her hooves. Bones could be heard cracking and breaking as her body grew in size. Her multicolored tail changed into a long dark tail as her bottom half turned into a dark black color. She almost screamed as two long horns grew out of the sides of her skull, ripping through her dark blue skin. Her muzzle increased into a shape of a bull. Terry moved his arms from his face to see the hulking beast stand more than a foot and a half over him. The sickly green flames died down, turning into just smolder rising off the muscle-bound beast that towered over him. The Minotaur grinned, his teeth jagged and sharp.

“Let’s dance!”

Terry barely ducked under the beast's hulking blow. He shot up, his head connecting with the beast’s jaw. He kicked the beast in the knee, causing it to howl out in pain. following it up with a few blows to the stomach before he kicked the beast backwards, the neuromuscular amplifier causing the beast to crash through the back of a game stand and into the crowded carnival streets. Fillies and colts screamed as the massive beast slammed into the cobblestone floor on his back, its weight rupturing the ground. Terry looked at all the cowering ponies and narrowed his eyes. He glanced over the groaning beast and narrowed his eyes at an amusement ride in the distance. He jumped over the beast, slamming its head into the ground as he landed on its head. He sprinted across the sea of ponies in costumes. An ear piercing roar echoed in the night, followed by the screams of many fillies and colts. He glanced over his shoulder just to be met with a massive paw.

Terry Flew across the cobblestone floor and crashed into a candy stand. He groaned and looked up. In the distance from where he used to be was a large four legged monstrosity. Its body was a hulking lion but its back had two black wings that stretched out, displaying its size. Its tail was replaced with a midnight black scaled scorpion tail, the green venom dripping on the cobblestone floor. Terry quickly jumped out of the debris as the beast charged at him, his roar almost shattering nearby windows. Before the hulking beast could takedown the young Batman, a large purple and light blue wall of magic shot out in front of Terry. The beast tried to slow to a stop but crashed right into the wall. Terry glanced behind him to see Twilight and Rarity standing behind him, their horns glowing the same color as the wall.

“You’re helping me?”

“No,” Rarity said as she strained holding the beast’s weight. “We’re helping them.” Terry glanced over the white pony’s shoulder to see Fluttershy and Pinkie escorting all the ponies out of the area. The beast groaned as it rubbed its head. Behind the beast was Applejack, her lasso twirling over her head.

“Applejack now!” Twilight yelled. The beast almost choked as the lasso wrapped around its neck. Applejack bit hard on the rope as the beast tried to get the rope off of it. The beast glanced over its shoulder and narrowed his eyes at the earth pony. It twirled the rope around its tail and yanked hard. Applejack screamed through her teeth as she was tossed straight into the magical barrier. She groaned and fell to the floor unconscious. The magical wall soon disappeared as Twilight ran up to her friend. The beast’s mouth began to glow as it glared at the farmer pony. Terry ran past the ponies and stood in front of the beast as a large beam of fire erupted from its mouth. The flames engulfed Terry’s body but were seemingly blocked by him. The blast of flames died down as the Manticore grinned in satisfaction. Everyone gasped in horror at the tall figure that was engulfed in flames. But then the unthinkable happened. The flames began to die down and soon turned into smolder. Terry stood in defiance, his white eyes glaring at the shocked Manticore.

“H-How!?” Twilight barely managed to say. Terry smirked.

“Fire resistance.” The Manticore backed up in fear. It quickly turned around and ran down the streets. “We have to go after it before it causes anymore damage!”

“Relax darling, it won’t be hard to find a fully grown Manticore in Manehattan.” Rarity said as she checked on her unconscious friend’s condition.

“That’s not an ordinary Manticore. That’s a changeling.”

“Changeling? What’s a changeling doing in Manehattan?” Rarity and Terry turned around to see Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie joining the group.

“Same reason why your friend has been acting weird lately; they’re one of the same.” Terry glanced at the awe struck lavender mare. “Please stop staring at me, its creeping me out.”

“Wha-huh?” Twilight shook her head.

“You mean to say that Rainbow Dash is a….. Secret agent?” Rarity hid her face behind her sun hat as Pinkie gave her the ‘I told you so’ look.

“Exactly, which begs the question of where the original Rainbow Dash is.” Terry glanced at the direction of where the Manticore went. “Fluttershy, you stay with Applejack until the medical ponies or the Royal guard come. Rarity you and Pinkie try to find any other wounded. Twilight you’re with me.”

“Wait, how do you know our names?” Twilight asked, giving the dark knight a skeptical look. Terry pointed his wrist at the edge of a tall building. A black wire shot out and the grapple hooked onto the stone edge moments later. Terry glanced at Twilight and smiled.

“I did study when I first arrived here, ‘Elements of Harmony’.” Before Twilight could say a word, Terry shot up into the air as the line reeled him in.

Author's Note:

<*Special thanks to my editors! Links to their pages are in the description!*>

This... was rushed. If you haven't read my blog then you know I've been going through a lot in my life so far.
To be honest, I have second thoughts on if I should continue this story. I kind of... got myself stuck but I'll fix it.. hopefully.
But I don't want to just give up! I don't want to just forget about it because of all the popularity or if I can't handle all this notoriety!
Taking care of my Mom... She's taught me to always be strong. Not only for her, but for anyone I care about. And being strong means you never give up no matter the challenge! If you get knocked down, just get back up and fight! This is why I'm always positive! This is why I accept criticism because I want to learn from my mistakes and become better!
So I guess I just fixed my own problem... I guess I won't drop it. Thanks for the prep talk me!
I'm still mildly stuck though so I guess this won't be updated for a bit :twilightsheepish: