• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 7,797 Views, 491 Comments

Beyond Equestria - Grave_Wing



When a boom tube goes into overload, Terry McGinnis, a.k.a the new Batman, finds himself in the new world known as Equestria.

  • ...
45
 491
 7,797

Issue #3

It’s been three days since Terry’s arrival in the strange new world. The city’s been buzzing with life as news began to travel about the dark knight’s arrival. Rumors soon surfaced about him being an extraterrestrial from another planet or a demon that escaped Tartarus. Terry just watched from the rooftops, staying hidden. The police were still searching for him, especially a rainbow maned Pegasus that had a vendetta on the dark knight. The moon shone down on the now sleeping city. Terry kept note of the increasing number of cops on the streets. He ran across the rooftops, looking for some sort of way to find out where he was. He knew he wasn’t on Earth anymore, but he had to find out what force in the universe allowed a kids fantasy to flourish and create a world of pastel ponies.

Terry quickly stopped and ducked under the shadow of a billboard. He watched as two police ponies flew overhead. He gave them credit for looking for him. He sighed and jumped off the edge of the building and landing in an empty alley. The smell of trash and sewage almost made him gag if it didn’t remind him of Gotham. Batman quietly walked down the alley, his right hand near his silver belt. The sounds of hooves made him quickly hug the side of the wall, blending in with the shadows. He watched as two police ponies walked down the streets. Terry sighed as the cops turned down the corner. He looked both ways before coming out of the alley. The street light shone down on his dark figure. He walked down the street in silence. The dark knight paused and found what he was looking for. A small wooden newspaper stand stood beside the entrance to a convenience store. He glanced into the dark store to make sure it was closed. Batman grabbed a newspaper and ran back into the alley, hiding in the shadows.

“Manehattan Times?” Terry said to himself as he looked on the front page. “So I was right, I am in a New York esque city. Though the name is just stupid.” He continued to read the front page and smirked.

WHO IS THE DARK CREATURE?

“It’s the dark knight, get it right reporter.” Terry chuckled as he looked on the front page. His white eyes narrowed as he looked at a picture. “They didn’t even get my good side.”

“Did someone say something?” Batman quickly dropped the paper and hid under the shadows. A petite mare in police uniform walked into the alley. She looked like a rookie with her mane tied back.

Terry watched as the mare walked down the alley, shivering in the cold wind. Terry looked down the entrance of the alley to see that she was alone. She shakily looked around, her golden eyes shooting left and right. The mare sighed to herself and walked out the alley, continuing her rounds on the streets of Manehattan. Batman sighed and shot up to the rooftop. He rolled under a billboard as another group of Pegasi flew by. Terry sprinted across the roofs. He couldn’t fly due to there being too many air patrols and the cloak used too much energy. That only left him with traditional travel. He reached into his belt to get the traditional grappling gun. The dark knight pointed it at a tall building and fired. The grapple impaled itself on the stone wall and Terry jumped. He swung over the streets of Manhattan, careful to avoid any air patrols. He let go of the wire in mid-air performing a vault flip before grabbing a horizontal flag pole. He perched himself on top of the flagpole and watched the police ponies that were looking for him on the ground.

His gaze paused at a building as he thought he saw a flash of light from the short buildings sunroof. The building seemed to be made of marble, different from all the other buildings. The front reminded him of the ancient pantheons in Greece he learned from history class. Multiple marble pillars held up the tall front roof. On the front was BANK in gold letters. Batman stretched out his arms. The red and black wings struck out as he jumped off the flagpole. He glided over to the rooftop and landing with a roll. Terry glanced over the edge of the building to make sure he wasn’t seen. He ran over to the glass sunroof and looked over. The white eyes of the bat widened at what he saw. The room within the building looked like it was trashed. A group of guard ponies were tied up in a corner with a piece of cloth in their mouths. Five stallions and some sort of bird-lion hybrid stood at the end of the room, staring at a large metal vault at the end of the marble building.

“Alright Falco, crack open the vault.” The griffin nodded and walked over to the vault. He reached into the bag on his back and took out a stethoscope. He put the buds into his ears and placed the diaphragm on the golden vault.

-CRASH!-

The stallions and the griffin shifted their gaze to the ceiling. The large glass sunroof shattered. The dark knight fell through the shattered glass and landed on the marble floor. The group backed away in fear, recognizing the menacing figure from the newspaper. He rose up from the ground, showing off his full height. The tied up guards were even shocked to see the creature this close.

“Isn’t it past your bedtimes?” Terry smirked as the robbers eyes turned into pinpricks.

“It can bucking talk!?” one of the stallions whispered.

“Doesn’t matter, its interfering with our heist!” the second stallion growled. “Maybe if we take it out, we can get money for saving the city!”

“You can try.” Terry got into a combat stance. He beckoned for the group to attack him. One of the stallions looked back at the griffin and motioned for him to continue to unlock the vault.

One of the stallions rushed at Terry, his eyes locked onto his white eyes. He quickly sidestepped the stallions blows. The stallion growled and aimed for his head, only to have his hoof caught in mid-air. Terry punched the stallion right in the gut and proceeded to grab the stallions head and slam it right into his knee. The stallion stumbled backwards, completely dazed as Batman kicked him away sending him crashing into a wooden desk. Terry ducked as a stallion with a baseball bat swung at him. He dodges another blow and kicked the stallion away. Reaching into his belt he proceeded to grab a bola, quickly tossing it at the stallion that was charging right at him. The bola’s tied up his hooves, causing the stallion to fall to the ground.

The baseball batted stallion charged at the dark knight. He quickly grabbed the metal bat and took it out of his hooves with ease. The stallion grinned and twirled around. His back legs shot out, bucking the dark knight. Terry slammed into a marble wall falling to his knees and groaning. The sound of hooves made him roll away as a set of hooves slammed the position he was once in. Getting up he beckoned the enraged stallion to him. A stallion jumped onto his back and proceeded to wrap his hooves around Terry’s neck to try and strangle him. Terry snapped his head back, hitting the stallions face. He grabbed the stallion’s forelegs and tossed him over his head. The stallion collided with his friend. They both were down for the count. The dark knight sighed and counted the unconscious stallions. He paused as he only counted four, including the tied up one.

“Hey freak!”

“Huh?”

-SLAM!-

“Oomph!”

A large wooden desk hit Terry in the chest. A green aurora covered the wooden finish in a faint glow. Terry winced. He was pinned to the marble wall. The unicorn stallion walked over to Terry, a grin on his face. Terry looked at the stallion closer. A white bandage was wrapped on his nose. The stallion noticed his gaze and chuckled.

“Yeah, that’s right. I’m the guy you stopped from raping that bitch three days ago!”

“I spared you.” Terry shifted his gaze at the griffin that just unlocked the vault. “I could’ve done much worse. Besides, you got taken out by a girl. Kind of pathetic don’t you think?”

“Buck off!” the stallion spat on Terry’s chest. He took no notice as he watched the griffin open up the vault. His white eyes narrowed. There were invisible tripwires.

“You better stop him.” The stallion raised an eyebrow. He followed Terry’s gaze and gasped.

“FALCO, NO!”

-BEEP!- -BEEP!- -BEEP!- -BEEP!-

Horns began to echo in the large marble bank. Metal bars barricaded the windows. Terry watched as the front door was barricaded. He quickly activated his rocket boots and shot up into the air. His escape plan was cut short as metal bars covered the sunroof. Batman paused and flew down to the panicking stallion. He ignored the stallion and reached into his belt grabbing a bunch of black pellets and tossing them to the ground. Green smoke began to seep out of the pellets. The built in rebreather activated as the green smoke spread out around the building. The knock out gas caused the stallions to fall into a deep sleep. He could hear the sounds of the police coming closer to the building. Terry quickly shot up to the sunroof. He then began to cut through the metal with the laser in his wrist. The severed metal bars fell to the smoky floor.

-SLAM!-

Terry looked down at the bank. The front door was kicked open. A group of police ponies walked inside. They scanned the area, covering their muzzles with their hooves. They gazed up to see the dark knight finally being free. Terry quickly activated his retractable wings and shot out of the building. Magic beams shot out from the sunroof, aimed at the dark knight. He quickly avoided the beams and flew off. His escape was cut short as Pegasus ponies began to chase him. He flew around a building, determined to lose them. Police ponies stationed on buildings began to shoot at Terry. He dodges a few blasts, almost getting grazed by one. The night was being lit up by multiple beams of magic. A blast of magic shot Terry right in the chest. He lost his balance and flew into a building window. He quickly got up to his feet, wiping away the shards of glass. He was in an office building of sorts. Luckily there were no ponies inside.

His recovery was cut short as a bright light shone through the shattered window. He shielded his eyes and looked at the bright light. Two Pegasus held up a large spotlight. They shone it down on the dark knight, making sure they don’t lose him. Terry quickly got up to his feet and sprinted down the large office building. He reached into his belt and tossed a batarang at the light. The bulb shattered, purging the building in darkness. He quickly smashed through a window in the side of a building gliding into the night sky. Pegasi began to fly after him, making sure not to lose him in their sight. His rocket boots shot to life as he flew around the city. The police were now in full force, chasing him from the ground and the air. He quickly flew around the corner of a tall building. His retractable claws grabbed the side of the building. His cloak quickly activating as he placed his back against the wall. The cops flew straight past him, not noticing the two white eyes that watched them. He waited for a bit before turning off his cloak. Terry sighed to himself. He couldn’t keep this up for long. Eventually he’d lose power or empty his belt. His red wings shot out as he jumped off the building. He flew around the corner.

-Bump!-

“Hey, watch it!” Terry shook his head and looked at what he bumped into. His white eyes widened as in front of him was a cyan furred pony. Her rainbow colored mane blew in the cool wind as she shook her head in frustration. Her magenta eyes turned into pinpricks as she looked at the dark knight. She furrowed her brow. “You!” Terry groaned.

“Have to work on my evasive skills.” Terry said to himself.

Author's Note:

Editor: The Valeyard

Sorry about this being on the short side! Slightly rushed but here we are!
Next Issue: Rainbow Dash vs. The Dark Knight
Place your bets on the outcome. I assure you, what will happen none of you would've guessed!