• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,646 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,646

Auxiliary Story B.

The stallion stared out of the window of the train as the countryside scenery rolled by just a little too fast to make out any discernable details.

He had been on the train now for almost four hours, and, if everything continued on schedule, he would be arriving at his destination in under an hour, something he was very grateful for, as, even though the train was a very nice one and the seats comfortable, the trip was wearing on him.

For instance, in the seats next to and across from him were two mares, friends obviously, who had been talking rather loudly about this or that since before he had gotten on, and did not seem to be slowing down anytime soon, much to the stallion’s annoyance.

Sighing, the stallion looked away from the window and out at the crowded passenger car he had been sitting in, checking his luggage stored up on the rack on the opposite side of the aisle for the umpteenth time.

It was all still there, of course; no one had messed with it the entire ride, but, as the suitcases contained a lot of the possessions that were too important to him for the moving ponies to take themselves, he felt the need to check on them once and a while to make sure they were still there.

At this point, he was just anxious to get to his destination, because moving to a new city was always a hassle, and he was entirely ready to just get everything started, meet with and instruct the movers, and start moving into the new house.

But, considering that he could not actually do any of those things yet, as he was stuck on the train, the stallion turned his head and looked out the window again, trying to relax for a bit before he had to get off.

Sometime later, the conductor drifted through the car, informing everyone that we were almost at the next stop, and, after a few minutes, the train rolled into the station in question.

When the train doors opened, the stallion stood up, ready to get going, as did over half of the other ponies in the car, including the two mares sitting next to him, which made it difficult for him to get into the aisle and get ahold of his luggage.

After struggling momentarily to get his baggage down, holding up some of the ponies trying to get off behind him while doing so, the stallion haphazardly dragged his luggage through the narrow aisle, off of the train, and onto the station platform, making sure to quickly, or as quickly as he could with several bags weighing him down, move off to the side as to not irritate the ponies behind him any longer.

The train station was extremely crowded, overcrowded even, but he had been there before and was expecting that, and so managed to weave his way through all of the masses and out of the building with relative ease.

He stood there for a moment, just outside of the station doors, luggage piled next to him, and stared out at the bustling city streets for just a brief instant, and then picked his bags up and set off, ready to begin a new chapter in his life.

Author's Note:

A little continuation to the previous story.