• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,645 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,645

Story No. 34

The stallion laid down in bed, exhausted after a particularly grueling day at work, ready for a quiet, peaceful night of sleep so that he could be ready and energized for work tomorrow morning.

He settled in and turned off his lamp, casting the room into darkness, and pulled the sheets over his body.

There was a brief moment of silence where everything was calm and the stallion finally managed to relax, yawning deeply.

And then, as if on cue, there was a high-pitched speaker feedback whine, followed by some of the loudest, most jarring, and most grating music he had ever had the displeasure to hear coming right from next-door.

He flinched at the sudden noise and sat up in bed, groaning in aggravation.

The situation was nothing new for the stallion, as his neighbor quite frequently played booming music and threw wild parties that lasted for hours, and, as always, it was not appreciated in the slightest, especially tonight of all nights.

Of course, just as he did on any other occasion, he always had the choice to contact the police and try and get them to quiet down, or just go over there himself and ask, but he had always felt as if that was overreacting to the situation, and never did.

So, deciding to once again take no action, he resigned himself to what would probably be another sleepless night, which did little to alleviate the day’s frustrations or better his mood.

Four hours and some minutes passed by before his neighbor shut off his music, but, by that point in time, the stallion had grown so agitated that he took another two hours to actually fall asleep and stay asleep.

And then he woke up some two hours later, still very much stressed, and then had to go to work.