• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,641 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,641

The Thirty-Ninth Story

The colt sat at his desk one weekend evening, reading through a beginner’s guide to magic book that his parents had gotten him just earlier in the week.

He had just cast some of his first magic, outside of the random bursts as a young foal, only last week, and his parents had figured it time for him to start getting some practice in and studying up on it a little.

So that was exactly what he had been doing for the past few days.

With some effort, the colt’s horn sparked to life, and his magic enveloped the page in front of him, and very slowly and very unsteadily, he managed to turn the page.

He smiled at the accomplishment, as he had only managed to successfully do so a mere nine times beforehand, and was very glad that he was progressing as fast as he was.

And so, he refocused his attention on the new page, and read through the simple information written there very carefully several times.

But then, just as he was getting into it, his mother’s voice called out from the other side of the door, interrupting him, and she came into his room, informing him that it was time for him to go to bed.

The colt protested at this, using the fact he had managed to turn the page with magic for the tenth time as reason that he should stay up and practice some more, but his mother would hear none of it, telling him how very proud of him she was, but that he could continue in the morning if he wanted to.

After a few more minutes of whining, to no avail, the colt finally relented and went with his mother over to his bed, stifling a deep yawn as he went, as to not show his mother that he was indeed tired.

He got into bed, still a little aggravated that he did not get to stay up any longer, and his mother tucked him in and gave him a goodnight kiss, before leaving the room, turning off the lights as she went.

The colt laid there in bed for a while, his mind running with wild thoughts and ideas, and excitement over learning how to do magic, but then eventually, after some time, fell asleep.