• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,645 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,645

Story No. 19

The stallion woke one morning with a start.

Bleary-eyed and still half asleep, he sat up in bed and glanced at the clock.

It was a little before noon.

For a second, the stallion’s heart fluttered in panic as a small part of his brain worried that it was a work day, but then his memory kicked in and he remembered that it was the weekend.

With a sigh, the stallion slid out of bed and wandered over to the window, his horn sparking to life as he used magic to raise the blinds.

He stared out into his small, fenced-in back yard for a moment but saw nothing of interest in the small plot of land and turned to leave his room, intent on getting started on his to-do list.

But, as the stallion trotted through the living room, his stomach gave a particularly loud grumble and he decided to make some breakfast before starting anything that morning.

Walking into his kitchen, the stallion prepared a healthy breakfast of some oats, scrambled eggs and, as a guilty pleasure, three petunia flowers, a flower he had always enjoyed since he was a foal, even if it wasn’t good for the body.

Before he began to eat his food however, the stallion went out onto his front porch and picked up the morning paper so that he could read it while he ate.

Settling down at his table, the stallion took a forkful of his scrambled eggs and looked at the front page of the paper and nearly spit out his food.

Taking up the whole of the front page was a headline detailing some sort of major attack on Canterlot, right in the middle of the royal wedding that had been so talked about by the media for the past month.

With a sense of apprehension, the stallion flipped open the paper and read about how an army of some creatures called Changelings had invaded the capitol, intent on defeating the princesses and taking over all of Equestria.

Engrossed in the news, the stallion read on about how the entire invading army had eventually been repelled after a little under an hour by a large pulse of energy of unknown origins that forcibly drove every Changeling from the city.

Taking a bite from a petunia, the stallion was silently grateful that he lived far, far away from the capitol and the life-threatening events that had been occurring there in recent years.

He shuddered to even think about what experiencing something like that would’ve been like.

In his mind’s eye, he pictured his friends and family barging into his home and attacking him.

He could only imagine how much confusion and fear there was as ponies were suddenly attacked by Changelings disguised as their loved ones.

He could barely bear to think about the distrust that the citizens of Canterlot must feel, never knowing if they could trust another pony again, because they might not be who they say they are.

It must be terrifying.

But, as he took another bite from his scrambled eggs, he knew that the princesses wouldn’t stop until everything was back to normal and had the aftermath of the situation well in hoof .

He knew that life would inevitably go on, and ponies would get over what must have been a harrowing time.

And with that thought, he finished with his breakfast and went on with his day.

Author's Note:

[This story suggested by Dark Avenger.]