• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,645 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,645

Story 36

The stallion stood on a street corner, in the pouring rain, scanning the line of carriages going by for a taxicab to catch a ride home in.

He hoisted his umbrella higher and adjusted his grip on his grocery bags so that they didn't fall.

It was then that he saw the familiar bright yellow of a taxi at the end of the street, but as it neared, it became apparent, much to his disappointment, that it was already taken.

He sighed and tapped a hoof on the ground, growing more and more impatient as the rain and time wore away at him.

Countless other carriages, and a few more occupied cabs, went by before a vacant taxi came down the road.

With care, the stallion lifted a free hoof and hailed the taxi.

The driver jerked his head in acknowledgement and swerved over to the curb, cutting off another carriage as he went.

The stallion smiled and opened the cab door as soon as he could, throwing his bags and umbrella in, before clambering in himself.

Once seated comfortably, he told the driver his home address and they set off.

Author's Note:

[This story suggested by Dark Avenger.]