• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,645 Views, 124 Comments

THIS IS A STORY - _NAME_



This is a story about a stallion.

  • ...
9
 124
 1,645

Story Number 8

The stallion stepped into the shower in his hotel room and turned the water on, making sure to stay out of the stream until it became hot enough.

He was away from home for a business meeting and was spending the next few days in the hotel while he completed his work.

Currently, he had just woken up, a little earlier than he normally would have, so that he could make sure that he got ready in enough time to make it to his conference, and had gone into the bathroom to take a shower.

After a short moment, the water turned warm and the stallion moved underneath it, letting the water just roll over his body for a couple of minutes, relaxing in the warmth.

He yawned, still not quite fully awake yet, and started absentmindedly cleaning his coat and mane, without thinking too much of the motions he was going through.

Shutting his eyes, the stallion lathered up some soap and began to scrub his body, singing a tune he had had stuck in his head under his breath as he went.

A few minutes went by like this, until he sensed what felt like a sizable amount of water pooling around his hooves.

Opening his eyes, he glanced down to see, to his surprise, that the shower had backed up and he was standing in a sizable puddle of water that reached a little over a quarter of the way up his legs.

Immediately, he rinsed all the soap off of himself, or most of it, and quickly shut off the water before it could overflow any further.

He stood there for a minute or two, intently watching the water level, hoping that the water would eventually drain away, but it did not.

Cursing under his breath, he stepped out of the shower and dried himself off haphazardly.

Even though he did not particularly want to, he knew that he had to go inform one of the hotel’s staff members about his shower’s problem, so he made himself look halfway presentable and went out to the front desk.

Once there, he told the mare there about what had happened, and she told him that several of the other rooms were also experiencing the same problem, and that maintenance was already working to fix it, assuring him that his shower would be functional by that night.

The stallion thanked her for her assistance and went back to his room, got ready for his meetings, and left for the day.