• Published 6th Mar 2012
  • 670 Views, 5 Comments

Savior of the Stars - The Companion Pony



A comet fell from the stars. Weird monsters appear in town. Are they the minions or source of evil?

  • ...
 5
 670

Alternate Ending - The Story will continue.

After the ceremony, the Mane "5" walked into the Everfree forest to meet Zecora. It was night by now and something was different. The way was lighten up by candles. Noises came from the depths of the jungle. It sounded like a choir humming their sad songs to a funeral march, filling the air with melancholy and sadness. It seemed as if the forest was alive and knew about all the sacrifices that were made in the past few days. They arrived at Zecora’s house; none of them was talking for just a second along the road. They knocked on the hard wooden door and shortly afterwards Zecora opened to let them in. Still, nopony was talking. Not even Pinkie Pie. Just the monotony of silence and the depressing whispers of the dark jungle remained. They stood scattered in Zecoras House. Rainbow Dash just looked out of the window while Pinkie sat on a chair, tossing a small ball from one hoof to the other. Fluttershy and Apple Jack lied together somewhere in the room, their heads on their hooves and Rarity just let her head hanging, sorrow literally written into her face. Zecora just came out of the kitchen, on her head a small, brown tray with five tin mugs and some candles on it. She walked on to Rarity.

“Here, against the cold and the sorrow, it helps to relief, the pain of not seeing her on a new morrow.” She rhymed compassionately.

Rarity didn’t answer, but hesitantly grabbed one of the mugs. Zecora then proceeded to Pinkie.

“A shame it is, to lose a friend, but even a greater shame it would be, if you couldn’t comprehend”

Pinkie grabbed a mug and Zecora proceeded to offer one to the rest of the group.

“Maybe you are right.” Pinkie said. “But I still can’t believe that she’s just gone like that.”

“Yeah” Rainbow Dash joined. “It actually feels like the world just got a bit less bright.”

She walked to Zecora to grab a mug.

“She was there for us until the end and saved us all from the death.” She continued, slightly nodding and looking at the other ponies, lifting up her mug. “To Twilight Sparkle! The biggest egghead and friend a pony could have wished for!”

“She was always there fer us when we needed her tha most!” Apple Jack approved and lifted her mug.

“Nothing will ever fill this void she left in our hearts…” Rarity said and also put up her mug.

“Yeah… sh-she was a good friend.” Spoke Fluttershy silently, snuggling up with her head to Apple Jack to hide her tears. Apple Jack looked at her for a second, putting a hoof to her side and laying her head on Fluttershy’s.

Just Pinkie kept quiet and still rolled the ball from one hoof to the other. She looked into her mug but was not saying a word. Everypony started to drink. Rarity tried to at least sip from it but then decided not to, putting the mug aside. Silence occurred again. Rainbow looked at Rarity, Fluttershy and Apple Jack. Then she looked at Pinkie whose hair had flattened since they arrived at Zecora’s house.

Pinkie suddenly stopped the ball with one hoof and started to stare out of the window in front of her into the dark of the forest. Rainbow couldn’t see what was going on but wanted to say something and irresolutely made steps towards her.

“Hey… Look… If there’s any way to get her back… Pinkie… I… I mean we all would-“

Unexpectedly, Zecora appeared in front of Dash, blocking the way.

“Would you do it, hmm?” she mysteriously said. Her eyes began to sparkle.

“What would any of you do, to get back an old friend, would you even travel to this world’s very end? Would you face every danger, every enemy that appears, where failure could hide, turn your smile into everlasting tears?”

Rainbow’s worried face turned into a serious one, setting the mug down to the ground and staring right into Zecora’s eyes.

“I would!” Pinkie said, jumping up from her chair and making some steps to Zecora.

Apple Jack got up to her hooves.

“Ah would!”

Fluttershy also got up, wiping away a last tear from her cheek.

“I-I would”

“I would, too” Rarity agreed.

Rainbow was the only one who hadn’t said anything, yet. She looked in Zecora’s eyes and confidently said:

“To the end of the world and beyond it! Yes, I would.”

Zecora grinned.

“Then it is decided, the journey lays ahead. But to achieve this goal you need more than just a dusty old map. Astray you will go if no one lights you the way, you will need a leader that you’ll need to put in, blind faith. A pony that knows the roads, even the lands of decay, a pony gifted with the ability of magic, serving her in more than just the usual way.”

Not sure what to say, the group looked at each other, not speaking a single word. Suddenly, quiet clop noises echoed throughout the whole room, coming closer and closer with every step. It was clear that these sounds must come from the kitchen and when they turned their heads to the source, they were stunned. Stunned to see somepony they hadn’t seen for long time.

“So tell me… What’s become of my old friend?” a light blue pony with a white mane and a purple wizard hat and cape said mischievously, sipping from her juice box.

TO BE CONTINUED!

Comments ( 4 )

246519 Not exactly what I listened to when I wrote it. BUT DAMN, I love Serious Sam and you're 100% right. :D

What drew my attention was the fact that you used a card from BattleForge as your image.(One of the more well known one at that. But that is the normal edition, right? Not the 30 dolar worth super rare one? lols(I been forever I played that game)) Interesting choice to make..

I see pirates of the Caribbean rip off..... but that's alright:pinkiehappy:

301227 Indeed, it's the standard version. I always wanted one, but too expensive, even the normal ones.
301903 :D First one to notice.

Login or register to comment