• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 13,320 Views, 293 Comments

Gods Among Us - Gravitiaxis



You are an ancient god who dates back to times of the beginning. However you have been lost to time due a major wound that you had gotten a long time ago, turned you into stone. A few thousand years have pasted and you're now reintroduced to the

  • ...
25
 293
 13,320

Chapter Ten: Fluttershy and The Everfree Forest

Everfree Forest. It’s been thousands of years since you last entered into this place. And it was no secret that you hated this place, with a passion. You were shaken by the fact that these dreaded woods still stand, even after two thousand years. In the times of old, this forest was on of the first forests ever grown by Gaia, the Life Giver herself. To preserve and protect the forest, Gaia birth hundreds of monsters and animals that would watch over the sacred place for her when she wasn't the one doing it herself. Though she had never confirmed it, a few gods themselves actually believe that the forest is actually alive.

There were plenty of reasons why you and the other gods tend to stay away from this place, but to find out that someone actually chooses to live near this place is just absolutely insane.

Pinkie Pie practically dragged you all the way up to Fluttershys cottage. As you tried to catch your breath, Pinkie gave the front door a loud pounding. She yelled repeatedly as she continued to bang on the door. Your patience was growing thin with the mare so you quickly stopped her and told her to let go you, which quickly did. You happy that Rainbow Dash had backed you up, saying that there was no need to bang on the door so loudly. "I just want to introduce Flutters to Letum."

You were about to chew her out but stopped when you saw the front door open up. A yellow mare with a pink mane slowly opened up the door to greet her friend. She quickly hid behind the door upon seeing you. "Oh, h-hello Pinkie. W-who's y-your friend." She asked.

"Don't worry, Fluttershy. This is Letum. He's the friend of the princesses that Twilight was telling us about. I know he doesn't really look like much but-"

"HEY!" You yelled out.

"But I'm pretty sure that he's really important. He's The God of Death." Pinkie Pie said in her almost infectious tone. Fluttershy yelped as she hid behind her door once more. Could you blame her? Her best friend just brought the The Grim Reaper to her doorstep, Of course if she had any sense she would hide.

"Relax Fluttershy. He's a good guy." Rainbow Dash said before raising her eyebrow and looking at you. "You are a good guy aren't you?"

"You're not dead are you?" You replied right back, which incited a groan from Rainbow.

"Touche." She said shrugging her shoulders. "Hey, Fluttershy. Is Twilight here?"

Fluttershy gave her friend a small nod as she opened up the door more, so you and the two mares could come in. Her house wasn't like you thought it would be. Her home was full of animals who all surprising didn't start growling at you. One the perks of now being mortal, huh? You followed Fluttershy deeper into the house to see Twilight sitting on a couch in the living room. She looked surprised to see you here, but quickly recovered upon seeing Pinkie Pie and Twilight.

"Letum? what are you doing here?" Twilight asked standing up.

You gave her any annoyed expression and looked at Pinkie Pie who was engaged in conversion with Fluttershy and Dash. "You friend there yanked me out of the library and dragged me all the way here. She almost pulled my arm off." You said pulling off a windmill motion with your arm, trying to shrug off the nagging pain that Pinkie had inflicted onto you. "Whatever. So tell me, why'd you come over here for?" You asked while looking around the cottage.

"I-I asked Twilight to come over so she could help me look for Angel." Fluttershy said while walking towards Twilight.

"Angel?"

"He's an awesome bunny that lives with Fluttershy." Pinkie Pie yelled, which caused you to glare at her. You would've have been happy if Pinkie Pie left and had gone some place, but you knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Angel, hasn't come home in three hours and I'm starting to worry about him." Fluttershy said seemingly hiding a few tears. You didn't really understand the weight behind the situation, but you could tell that Fluttershy loved that bunny, so it wouldn't hurt if you help look for him.

"Do you know where he might have gone?" You asked while picking up a nearby picture frame which showed Twilight and her friends together.

"Usually whenever he's upset he runs in the Everfree forest to cool down." The thought of going in Everfree forest sent a chill up your spin.

"I-I see..." After a few minutes of conversation on whether or not Angels in the forest, Fluttershy led you and the others to the entrance of Everfree. The trees were tall and wide, just like they were two thousand years ago. You looked inside and saw how dark it was inside. While you didn't have outright fear of the place, you did feel uncomfortable about being near this place. "So...this rabbit of yours...Does he do this type of thing often?" You asked.

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"Run away. Does he run away often?"

"Only when we get into an argument. He sometimes he calms down and comes home. Other times I have to go in and get him."

"Then that's good. All we have to do is wait." You said sounding enthusiastic about not having to go into the forest.

"But the forest more dangerous this time of year, he could get hurt. Please, we have to go and look for him before something happens." She said with the most adorable eyes you have ever seen. You almost felt yourself die from how cute she looked.

"So much for taking the easy way out." You let out a deep sigh and told her that you were going to find her bunny, which prompted many thanks from her and her friends. "Since, you've been in here so many times. How about you show me around?" You said with a sharp smirk as you watched her look into forest.

"O-ok. You guys can wait out here i-if you'd like." She said towards her friends.

"Alright. We'll head out towards the town and ask around to see if any has seen angel." Twilight said gathering Rainbow dash and Pinkie Pie and walking back towards the direction of the town.

"Alright, then. Let's go. I don't want to be here any longer than I have too." You said signaling Fluttershy to lead the way as you walked into the forest.

The place looked exactly like it did the last time you were here. "Things work differently in The Forest...It's my home. My sanctuary. Do honestly think I'm going to let you waltz right in here and without my consent? I'm always watching those who wander in here either by accident or not." You thought to yourself, quoting what Gaia had said to you a long time ago. You wondered if she was watching you right now. It made you wonder if she had confronted the two of you, would she be able to tell if who you were.

Fluttershy surely did live up to her name. Every time you said something or looked in her direction you barely ever got a response that wasn't a whisper. You were glad that you still had super hearing or this would have annoyed you. After thirty minutes of wandering around calling out for a animal you've never seen before, Fluttershy finally decided to start a conversation.

"You're strange." She said causing you to look at her funny.

"What do you mean by...strange?" You said looking behind a nearby tree.

"W-what I mean is..It's just...your different from the other gods."

"You've met all my other brothers and sisters?" You asked jumping into a nearby tree in order to see if you find a white speck anywhere as you called out to Angel.

"Is that so strange to hear? I-I mean I am an Element-"

"-of Harmony. Yeah I totally forgot about that. So why do you think I'm different?"

"You give off a different feeling than all the others." She said this time, gathering up the courage to look you in the eyes. This was mortal was definitely not like her friends. You wondered if this so called element of Kindness was actually demigod in disguise. If so, then whose her parent? You made it a mental note to question her about this later.

"You are correct, I am different than my brethren." You said jumping out of the tree and back to the ground.

"I-I thought as much. Unlike the others, you hold much sadness and regret about your past mistakes. I-I can see it in your eyes." she said again averting her eyes from yours, when you quickly looked at her. This statement shocked if not completely horrified you.

"H-how did you- when did-...Who are you?" You finally managed to say.

You watched as Fluttershy closed her eyes, as if she was confirming something. "That statement holds more wisdom than it imply." There was nothing strange about this mare. She seemed perfectly normally by all standards, a little smarter than she originally lets on, but still normal. If she was normal, why did she seem different? This question began to naggin in your brain as you averted your gaze.

"When your as old as me, you have no choice but regret the things you've done and seen." You said rubbing the back of your neck.

"How old are you?"

"A lot older than this universe and I'll outlive it into the next." You said chuckling to yourself. You quickly stopped as it occurred to up that this forest is fricking huge and there was practically no way you were going to find that bunny.

"I see...So then your-"

You stopped Fluttershy from talking as you began sense something. It was a familiar feeling. You used to sense it all the time, but it seemed like being mortal had downplayed your ability to sense things. So you decided to walk around until you found it. "Whats wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"My Reaper Senses are tingling." You said tapping your temple as you began to take a few seconds to hone in on whatever you were feeling, before walking over towards a nearby bush and looking into it. "Oh no." You said as you saw the image in front of you first. You tried to keep Fluttershy from looking but her curiosity and stubbornness caused her to look anyway.

You watched as her face went from confused to pale and fearful, before passing out. The image in front of you was not exactly a pretty one. There was a black fox with red eyes standing there feasting upon a white rabbit which you assumed was Angel. The black fox looked up at you and took a few seconds to realize that someone was staring at him. It froze as it looked at your seemingly cold gaze. *Growl* The little fox angrily growled at you for interrupting it meal. If you had even a fraction of the power you had before this animal would have ran away in fear. "Do you have any idea who I am?" You said to animal not really expecting a reply back from the beast.

"YIP!(No, but should I care?)"

...

Did that fox just speak? You said to yourself as you looked at the animal dumbfounded by what you just heard. "What did you just say?" You asked fox.

Now it was the fox's turn to be surprised as it jumped back. "Yip? Yip? (Holy crap? You can understand me?)" You nodded you head slowly. "Yip. Yip! (Then you must be a god.)" The fox said before licking it's lips and bowing down to you. Of course as a God you can understand animals. It's a pain in the ass to filter it out when your near a lot of them, but you've never heard an animal like this speak so perfectly to you as if you were actually talking to someone. As the animal bowed to you decided to take this opportunity to touch it to see if it was normal.

Upon placing you hand on it's forehead you felt a sharp rebound as you felt a familiar presence from the fox. "Grr.(What was that for?)" The fox said jumping back and rubbing it's head with it's own paw.

"Yeah. That makes sense. Are you-"

"Yip! Yip! Yip!(That's right! I'm the personification of death...for rabbits. If I had to guess, you're my boss. It is a great honor to finally meet you, Master Letum.)" This is new. It seems that when I lost all of powers. The concept of Death split into different, yet equal personifications after I died. Now that's Interesting. You could feel it now, millions of versions of you roaming around doing your job for you. If you had knew that you could have done this before you would have killed yourself sooner.

You mental face palmed as you realized that Fluttershy was still unconscious and her pet still laid at your feet dead. So you decided to ask the rabbit for a favor.

"Yip!(So all you want me to do is just bring back the bunny I just killed...er, I'm not complaining but isn't that against the rules?)" The fox told you trying to clarify this to you so he wouldn't get in trouble.

"I'm the one who created the rule! So I'm the only one who's allowed to break it. So stop wasting my time and just bring that bunny's soul back! I'll do the rest!" You said growing impatient with the little reaper in front of you.

"*Whimper* (Alright calm down!)" The fox said while snapping its paws, something which should have been impossible.

At that moment you could see the soul of Angel standing by his body and the unconscious body Fluttershy.

"Squeak?(What the heck just happened? And is that my body!)" The little bunny said as it ran over to ravaged remains of it's body. He then turned around and ran towards fluttershy and tried to wake her up. Your horn formed a shadowy like aura as you touched angels corpse and began to apply some energy to the body, healing it into what it once was. You then grabbed the soul of Angel and began to stuff in back into the bunny's newly healed body. "Squeak?(Hey, Get your hands off me. What are you doing?)"

"I'm trying save you. How about you stop struggling and get back your body?!" You said it back into his body. You then picked up the body and closed your eyes. You horn grew darker as energy from you flowed into the body of Angel causing him to almost instantly spring awake.

"Y-you healed him." Fluttershy said as she watched the whole thing.

You gave her a small smile as you handed the rabbit to her. Fluttershy shrieked with joy as she grabbed Angel from you hands and put him in a death hug. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" She said with just absolute glee on her face.

"Yip. (Aww, ain't that just the most heartwarming thing you've ever seen? No? Yeah, me neither. Alright Boss, I've gotta get back to my job. Those rabbits aren't going to kill themselves...all right that was a lie. They do tend to kill themselves quite a lot.)" The black fox said as it jumped into the nearby bushes before you could even get a word in.

You watched Fluttershy as she cried tears of joy at the resurrection of her once lost pet. After giving her a few seconds to herself you decided to tell her that it was time to go. "O-oh yeah. T-thank for saving him." She said said while picking Angel up as she stood up. You told her that no thanks was needed and only thing you really wanted in return was for the two of you to leave, before something found you. Fluttershy granted your wish and you quickly found yourself out of the forest and back at her cottage in no time.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter Ten.

You know I had just gotten another Idea for a second person story. I just thought about after reading this awesome story right here
The Ultimate Evil