• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,415 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,415

Chapter Ten

The Friendship Express pulled up to the train station of the Crystal Empire and the six young passengers un-boarded as soon as the passenger doors open. The fillies were giddy about visiting the Crystal Empire for real this time as they giggled and chatted with one another. Spike sighed annoyingly as he smacked himself in the face with a claw.


He shook his head in frustration “Girls I know you are happy to be here in the Crystal, but we got go get to Shining Armor and Cadence quickly,” he tapped his foot impatiently on the waiting dock as he crossed his arms.


They sigh heavily and nodded in unison. Applebloom spoke up “We know Spike. Where do we go to get to the castle that Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence live at?” She gave the baby dragon a curious look along with the other fillies.


Spike smirked proudly “I am glad you asked Applebloom, follow me,” she unfolded his arms and turned to lead the way. The fillies quietly giggled as they followed the baby dragon. He quirked an eyebrow, but he paid no mind.


Upon arriving at the castle, two guard stallions were standing on each side of the towering crystal doors “Halt,” they both spoke in deep tones.


Spike loookd up at the two “Excuse me guards, we are here to see the prince and princess. It is important,” he looked up at them with a hopeful smile.


One of the guards spoke “I am sorry young one, but you may not enter unless you have been summoned by the prince or princess you may not pass,” he looked down at the baby dragon sternly.


Spike lowered his head and shook it with frustration “But guard this is an…,” he was cut off with a hoof on his shoulder and once again it was Diamond Tiara.


She gave a soft sigh “Remember Spike be aggressive and persuasive,” she gave him a wink as she stepped back.


Spike nodded and smirk “Oh yea,” he cleared his throat and looked up at the guards confidently. “Now listen to me you two, my name is Spike Sparkle and I am the son of Princess Twilight Sparkle. If you haven’t heard of her she is the sister of Prince Shining Armor, and I am sure he would be disappointed in you if you made the son of her baby sister upset,” she looked at them furrowing his brow.


The guards looked at each other and swallowed nervously “Oh, do accept our most humble of apologies Sir Spike,” they stepped aside and bowed their heads. “You may enter,” they gave the baby dragon and the fillies nervous smiles.


Diamond Tiara was the one to look impressed “You are the son of Princess Twilight Spike? That has to be the life,” she beamed at the thought.


He waved a claw at the filly “Nah… I am just her number one assistant. I was just being persuasive and aggressive like you told me Diamond,” he let out a chuckle as the six mad their way through the castle of crystals.


The eyes of the fillies glimmered with wonder as they looked at all the sparkling crystals that adorned the inside of the royal structure. After trekking through a couple corridors and climbing a tower of stairs in their opinion, they finally reached the palace doors of the throne room. Spike took a deep breath and gave a knock.


The sound echoed through the castle halls as the doors opened with a pink and blue aura surrounded each side. As the doors opened the baby dragon and five fillies saw standing before them at the throne was Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. The six slowly entered the throne room approaching the royal couple.


Shining Armor smiles at the group “Well hey there Spike. Hey there girls,” he stood up as he trotted forward and reached up to rub at the scales on top of the baby dragon’s head and nodded at the five fillies who bowed their heads in returned.


“Hello Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence,” they greeted altogether.


“Greetings my little ponies and Spike,” Cadence gave them a warm smile as she trotted toward them next.


Shining Armor look at the six curiously “Spike… uh… where’s Twily and the others at?,” He quirked an eyebrow.


Spike sighed deeply “That is why came to see you two. Toby has been foal napped by Queen Chrysalis,” he looked up at the two with a serious yet frightful look.


Shining Armor and Cadence both gasped and looked at each other in shock. Shining Armor turned to a guard that was standing at the palace doors. He trotted up to him “Guard, go retrieve the others and meet me at the front of the castle in one hour.”


The guard bowed his head “Yes your highness,” he trotted out of the throne room as Shining Armor closed the doors with his magic.


He turned to the baby dragon and fillies “Now Spike and girls please start from the beginning,” he trotted back over to his wife as they both sat on their haunches to listen to Spike.


Back in Ponyville Fluttershy and the other Elements of Harmony were trotting along the rocky path of Rambling Rock Ridge. Fluttershy kept her gaze locked on Celestia’s sun with a determined look on face and her lips pursed in anger. The others looked at her concerned as she kept on kicking at the ground with her fore hooves every time she took a step.


Rarity carefully trotted up beside her “Fluttershy darling, do you want to talk?” She reached up and gently placed a hoof on her shoulder.


Fluttershy stopped and let a deep sigh turning to Rarity with tears in her eyes “Rarity how could you keep a secret like that? Toby could have been hurt,” she shrugged Rarity’s hoof off and slammed her on hoof on the ground. “I thought you were supposed to be my friend,” she turned her head away allowing her tears to flow.


Rarity felt her eyes start to water with tears “Oh darling, I am your friend. Please forgive me, I just didn’t want to worry you about us running into those fleabags,” she lowered her head in shame. Suddenly she felt something around her neck and opened her eyes to see Fluttershy hugging her tightly, sobbing into her shoulder.


“Oh Rarity, I am so sorry,” she started to shake as Rarity gently wrapped her forelegs around the crying pegasus. Fluttershy sniffled as she raised her head up to look at her in the face “I am sorry for being mad at you. I am just so worried about my precious baby boy,” she let out a whimper.


Rarity hugged her friend tightly and rubbed up and down her back “Shh… darling, you don’t need to be sorry about anything. I understand that you are upset Fluttershy, we all are,” she reached up a hoof to wipe at Fluttershy’s tears and looked seriously into her eyes “I promise darling that we are going to get Toby back!”


Twilight, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie had tears in their eyes as they watched the two and trotted up to them surrounding Fluttershy in a big warm hug “Yes we will!” They all exclaimed proudly.


Rainbow Dash was soaring in the air as she shot to the ground landing in front of the group and panted heavily. “Twilight, I told Princess Celestia about Chrysalis being in the badlands, but we have big trouble!”


They girls broke the hug and looked at Rainbow Dash curiously.


“What kind of trouble Rainbow Dash?” Twilight asked.


“While I was talking with Princess Celestia one of her guards informed us that changelings are attacking every part of Equestria,” gasps of shock escaped each of the others’ lips.


“This is not good,” Twilight gave a frown to her friends. She closed her eyes for a second to think and opened them with determination “Alright girls, I think we need to split up and go each region of Equestria to stop these bugs from causing any more damage.”


“Ya darn tootin’ Twi. Ah will go to Appleloosa and help with the town there. Ah know Braeburn is going to need all the help he can get,” she tipped her hat as her brows furrowed with anger.


“Good idea Applejack darling,” Rarity smiled softly. “As for me I will go take out those ruffians that are in Manehatten,” she flicked her mane confidently.


Twilight looked at her friends with a nod “And I will prepare the citizens of Ponyville, because I can see that the changelings haven’t arrived here yet,” she looked at Pinkie “Pinkie I will need you go to and help the ponies of Las Pegasus.”
“Aye, aye Twilight, those mean meanie pants aren’t going to know what hit them,” Pinkie rubbed her fore hooves together. “Time for me to bring out the big guns,” she smiled mischievously as out of nowhere she pulled out a rocket launcher. The others just shook their heads “I shall return,” with that she put her rocket launcher back up and hopped away.


“Pinkie… I… never mind,” Twilight face hoofed herself. She looked up at Rainbow “Rainbow Dash you…” she was cut off by the cyan pegasus.


“I know Twilight, I’m going to help defend Cloudsdale. You all be careful.” She placed her hoof in the center “Let’s do this for Toby and get him back!” She smirked proudly


The others put their hooves in “For Toby!” They yelled confidently as Rainbow shot up and soared toward Cloudsdale.


Twilight looked at Fluttershy “Fluttershy, I will understand if you don’t want to do any fighting. You don’t have to,” she gave her a soft smile.


Fluttershy looked into Twilight’s eyes with a determined face “No Twilight. I have been running and hiding from fights all my life. That she-pony has my son and she is not going to get away with hurting him anymore,” she stomped her hoof and gritted her teeth. “I know Chrysalis warned us about trying to rescue Toby, but she didn’t say anything about any other creatures,” a sly confident smile crept across her face.


She looked at Applejack, Twilight, and Rarity “I am going to go the Everfree Forest and get some much needed help along with my other animal friends,” she nodded proudly. The others nodded in agreement.


“Just be careful sugarcube,” Applejack gave her a soft smile and tipped her hat. She looked at the remaining three “See ya girls later. Ah got a cousin and his town to save,” she kicked at the ground and turned to gallop toward Appleloosa.


Rarity flicked her mane and sighed deeply “Well, I guess I will be going too darlings,” she turned to Fluttershy and placed a hoof on her shoulder. “Don’t worry dear, we are going to get our precious child back,” she gave her a wink and smiled at her and Twilight before turning and galloping off to Manehatten.


Twilight looked at Fluttershy “You be careful Fluttershy. I am going to go get ready for the changeling attack on Ponyville,” she gave her a nod before hovering into the air and flying off toward Ponyville.


Fluttershy let out a heavy sigh and looked up at Celestia’s sun “Be careful girls,” she lowered her head and placed a hoof on her chest. “Don’t worry my precious little Toby, Momma’s coming,” she allowed a single tear to fall and hit the ground. She raised her head up with determination and hovered to fly toward the Everfree Forest.


Toby was lying curled up in a ball trembling as Chrysalis meticulously trotted back into her lair. He looked up to see her trotting toward him and covered his head with his arms “Please Queen Chrysalis, don’t’ hurt me,” he pleaded with a whimper.


She chuckled evilly as she basked in the fear of the small child. She trotted up to him and placed a hoof over his trembling body to stroke along his back. She looked down at him with a mischievous smirk “Oh my dear sweet little morsel, I am not going to hurt you anymore….yet.” She leaned her head down to his to touch his forehead with her horn “I just want to take a look inside your mind child,” she lit her horn.


After a few minutes she raise her head up with a sinister grin on her face and thought to herself “So that is his worst fear. Maybe I can use that to my advantage, “she sighed softly and stroked at the top of his head with a hoof.


“You poor, poor child, do you actually still believe that Celestia and her ponies truly care for you even though you are not one of them?” She gave him an evil smirk.


He looked up at her with tears cascading down his cheek due to his fear of her, but he nodded weakly “Y-yes I do. They love me and I love them,” he spoke with a whimper.


She chuckled lowly “You are indeed a naïve little weakling aren’t you? Well, let me show you something my dear tasty child. Maybe with this you will see different,” she closed her eyes and lit her horn up. Suddenly the two were enveloped in darkness.


Toby trembled even harder as he looked around seeing nothing but empty silent space “Where am I now? What is this place?” His lips quivered as he sat up slowly folding his knees to his chest and hugging his legs close.


“Just wait and see little one,” she smiled slyly as the environment started to ripple until they were atop of a grassy hill overlooking Ponyville. She looked down at the small child “You see my child, you are in what is called a dreamscape. It is just like a dream, but no pony can hear you or see you. Oh and look at where we are,” she placed a foreleg around the trembling child as she pointed with the other foreleg.


Toby’s back was facing where Queen Chrysalis was pointing so he slowly turned around to see underneath a tree were his family and friends sitting together having a picnic. However, he looked closer to see that there was a pony with them he never seen before. He swallowed nervously as he carefully stood up to just walk a little closer to look at the new pony.


It was a small pegasus colt with a powdered blue coat, a short brown mane with matching tail. His eyes were the same olive green eyes as Toby’s, and he wore the same black brimmed eyeglasses. On his flank was a symbol of a piano. Toby looked around to see happy smiles on every pony’s faces, but he didn’t see himself with them there.


Tears began stinging his eyes as Chrysalis smiled evilly noticing this “Come here little one, I saved you a sit,” she used her magic to levitate him over to her. She was sitting right near the group as they began talking.


The new colt who was underneath Fluttershy’s wing looked up at her “Momma, can I go play with my friends?” He gave her a bright smile.


“Of course my precious little one,” she let out a giggle and nuzzled at the colts nose. The colt giggled happily as he got up with the other fillies and baby dragon to go and play leaving the adults to talk among themselves.


Toby felt his heart break a little “But that is what Momma calls me,” he thought to himself as he looked on.


Fluttershy turned to Twilight “Oh Twilight, I can’t thank you or the princesses enough for changing my precious little one, my precious little Toby into a pegasus,” she squeed happily.


Twilight nodded at her friend “You know you don’t need to thank us Fluttershy. Now you have a real colt to call your own and not a little bratty human,” she chuckled. Toby choked back his sobs as his body started to shudder.

“I agree darling, he looks much more handsome and sophisticated as a pegasus. That hairless pale human Toby was what’s the word, oh I know hideous,” Rarity chuckled as the others did too.


Toby started to sob heavier as Chrysalis kept on grinning wider letting out a lowly chuckle “You see my tasty little treat, they never loved you for who you are, they just wanted you to think that, “ she smiled at the sadness he was showing. “I think you need to listen to one more pony before I end this dreamscape,” Toby was unable to speak as he cried painfully.


“You know girls, I can finally call Toby my son, because he is now a real pony. And better yet, I can teach him to fly so I don’t have to carry him on my back anymore. He was terribly heavy when he was a human,” she turned to Twilight “I am glad I asked you three to change him while he was sleeping or else he probably would have fought, and we would have to banish him.” Her once soft giggle turned into a sinister one as the environment slowly rippled back into Chrysalis’ lair.


Toby let out a painful and loud cry as he shook with hard sobs curling up into a ball. Chrysalis stroked at his small form with a hoof and her evil grin grew even wider “That’s it my child, shed those tears,” she let out a chuckle.


The more you cry, the stronger I get,” she thought to herself. “It is going to feel good to finally rule Equestria, but it would feel most wonderful for Celestia and her ponies to know that it is all because of this small insolent child’s love for them,” she let out a loud cackle as she started to absorb Toby’s love as she pulled him up to her foreleg as he was still curled up in a ball.


“Soon enough Equestria will belong to me!”