• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,417 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,417

Chapter Four

Fluttershy was upstairs in her room putting up Toby’s birthday presents in the chest in front of her bed when she heard some pony yell her name causing her to jump “FLUTTERSHY!” She closed the chest and hovered downstairs as quickly as she could and saw Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle breathing heavily.


She looked at the three fillies with worry “Girls, what’s…” she cut herself off when she didn’t see her son with them. She swallowed nervously “Um… girls… where’s Toby?” The concern in her tone caused the CMC to lower their heads and ears to droop sadly.


Applebloom let out a shuddering breath as she looked up at her with tears welling up “H-H-He’s been foal napped Fluttershy,” she stammered and let out a frustrated sigh as she lowered her head to let her tears shed.


Fluttershy gasped as fear crept around her face “F-Foal napped?!” She folded her wings in toward her body and shook timidly lowering her head for a second. She took deep breath and looked at the three fillies “Please girls, can you tell me who took my precious little one and your little brother?” She asked with the softest of tones so not to worry the young ones even more.


Scootaloo looked up to speak while Sweetie Belle was comforting Applebloom “He was foal napped by that tall ugly black mare that tried to ruin Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armor’s wedding,” she lowered her head with frustration shaking it.


Fluttershy gasped and said in a hushed tone “No, not her,” her eyes grew wide with fear as she swallowed deeply. She trotted up to Applebloom and rubbed at her back with a fore hoof “It’s alright Applebloom, I promise we will get Toby back,” she gave them all a reassuring smile.


Applebloom turned around and shrugged Fluttershy’s shoulder off stomping her hoof on the floor. She started shaking “She brainwashed us Fluttershy and made us lure Toby to her,” she growled with frustration. The other two looked at Fluttershy and nodded as they went over and hugged their friend to try and comfort her.


Fluttershy frowned at the three and trotted over to them laying a wing over them in a hug “Shh… please try and calm yourself Applebloom,” she cooed to the three. “It is not any of yours fault. Queen Chrysalis’ mind control can be very strong,” she gave a sad smile. She sighed softly “I promise we will find Toby, and bring him back home,” she nuzzled each of them on the top of their heads to try and comfort them.


She let out a deep sigh and lifted her wing carefully up from around them. She turned toward Angel who was standing behind her with a frown on her face. She reached out a foreleg and pulled him into a hug lowering her head to kiss the top of his head “Angel sweetie, Mama’s got to go and bring back my son. You are in charge while I am gone, okay?’ He nodded and saluted with a paw.


She turned back to the three fillies “Okay girls I am going to go to Twilight’s, and I want you three to go get the others. Bring them to the library, and we will figure out a way to get back my son,” they nodded as the four exited the cottage.


“See you in a little bit Fluttershy,” the three said altogether as they galloped ahead to their respective places to retrieve the others.


Fluttershy took a deep breath as she looked up at the sky to see Celestia’s sun slowly setting. She closed her eyes feeling tears start to well up and let them fall to the ground. She placed a fore hoof on her chest and whispered to herself “Be safe Toby, be strong. Momma loves you my precious little one. I promise you we will save you,” she placed her hoof back down on the ground and looked toward Ponyville with determination and started to gallop toward the Golden Oaks Library.

Author's Note:

I want to apologize for this being a real short chapter, and it not being the one where Toby meets Chrysalis. I wanted to capture the moments with the CMC going to go tell Fluttershy about Toby's foal napping, and then Toby being taken to Chrysalis' lair in two different chapters. The next one may I say will happen during Luna's moon, during nightfall. :twilightoops: