• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,407 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,407

Chapter Eleven

Toby lay curled up tightly in a ball, shaking with sobs allowing his tears to flow, and strike the cold, hard cavern ground. He was weakened so much from Chrysalis absorbing his love, he felt broken and helpless. His eyes shot open in fear as he heard hoof steps approaching as Chrysalis was returning from outside.


He slowly turned his body on its side to look up at the dark mare slowly approaching him. He whimpered as he tried to crawl away from on her, dragging his little arm along the dirt floor. She looked down at him with a smirk, and placed a hoof on his little foot causing him to cry out in pain “Ow!”


She chuckled lowly at his cry of pain “You silly little morsel. Where do you think you are going?” She lifted her hoof of his foot, and stepped forward to stand over him. She reached her hoof up, and stroked at the top of his head roughly as he whimpered underneath it.


She grinned meticulously, baring her fangs, and leaned her head down to speak into his ear “It is time my little morsel for us to go see your Auntie Princess Celestia.” She let out a ruthless laugh as she levitated the poor and defenseless child onto her back. She turned, and trotted out of her lair to exit the cave.


As she stepped outside, she looked up at Celestia’s sun with an evil smile of satisfaction, and let out a deep sigh. She turned to the trembled child on her back “Finally my dear child, I shall take the throne from Princess Celestia, and all of Equestria will worship its new queen.” She let out an evil giggle, and roughly nuzzled at Toby “and it will be all because of you my little morsel.”


Toby looked up into her eerie green eyes with fear, and guilt as he felt himself being enveloped in her magic. He yelped in pain as she squeezed him, and felt himself being drained once more. Chrysalis felt his love entering into her, and suddenly the two were surrounded by an orbital shield.


She cackled as she hovered into the air “Let them try to attack me now.” She grinned widely, and thought to herself “Prepare for your last day as princess, Celestia,” she cackled some more and started flying toward Canterlot. Toby whimpered painfully, feeling helpless, and unable to save his family.


As she flew over past the Badlands, down below, hiding among the many rock mounds was a lone figure watched silently as the queen made her way toward Canterlot. Beside him stood his loyal companion in the form of a wolf, and both had looks of determination worn on their faces. They looked at each other, and nodded as they quickly ran along the rocky land to catch up to Chrysalis.

Fluttershy was lying on her red velvet lounge, and gazing out of her window at Celestia’s sun. She closed her eyes softly, lowering her head, and allowed fresh tears to escape. “My precious baby boy, Momma loves you, and I promise I will get you back,” she whispered to herself. She let out a deep sigh as the silent moment was interrupted with the door opening, and Angel Bunny hopped over to her.


He looked up at her with concern on his face, but chittered, and saluted her with a paw. Fluttershy sniffled, and wiped at her tears, giving the rabbit a soft smile “Thank you Angel.” She carefully climbed off her lounge, trotted out of her and her son’s cottage, and headed toward the Everfree Forest.


Entering into the forest, Fluttershy saw an array of animals standing side by side. The animals ranged from raccoons to badgers, Mr. Bear, different types of birds, and even a manticore. Fluttershy smiled softly at the group of creatures as she stood before them.


Fluttershy took a deep breath before speaking “Hello all my animal friends. Thank you all for coming, but I need your help,” she closed her eyes and sighed deeply. “My son, my precious little Toby has been foal napped!” The animals gasped, and started to chitter among one another. Looks of anger mixed with worry adorned their faces.


Fluttershy had her head lowered with tears threatening to escape once again, but she felt a paw on her fore leg, and looked down to see Angel with a determined look on his face. She sniffled, and rubbed between the bunny’s ears “Thank you Angel. I needed that,” she looked at all the animals before her as she looked at them with her brows furrowed in determination.


As she was about to speak again, a sudden buzzing noise echoed throughout the forest, catching the attention of Fluttershy, and all the animals. They all looked around curiously, wondering where or what the sound was coming from. Suddenly, out from behind the trees of the Everfree, changeling drones slowly crept out, and surrounded Fluttershy and the animals.


“Oh my…” Fluttershy gasped as she looked around timidly at the approaching changeling drones. She started to shake nervously, and asked herself “Oh no, what can we do? We’re surrounded.” She looked at her animal friends looking terrified, and she let out a calm sigh “Please my friend, try to calm down. We are going to have to fight!” They all looked at her, and nodded as they stood their ground, preparing to fight.


“Do not fret my dear Fluttershy, for you are not alone,” the sly smooth voice of Discord could be heard, and he appeared in front of Fluttershy. “Since I got rid of those Diamond Dogs, it seems like to me that we have some bugs to exterminate now.” He gave a confident smile, and looked the pegasus with a confident face.


Fluttershy nodded at Discord, and turned her attention back at the changeling drones with determination. She kicked her hoof at the ground “Okay my animal friends, let’s…” She was cut off as a loud cackle could be heard overhead. All of those below looked up with the drones grinning evilly as they saw their queen flying above the forest.


Fluttershy’s brows suddenly furrowed into an angry glare, and she shot up in the air. She looked down at Discord “Discord, can you….” He held up his lion paw to cut her off.


“Don’t worry Fluttershy. The animals and I can take care of these bugs. You just go after Chrysalis,” he smiled confidently up at her, and turned to the changelings “Time for a little bit of chaos.” He giggled mischievously, and cracked the knuckles of his lion paw, and talons.


Fluttershy nodded, and looked toward Chrysalis with a scowl of anger “Momma’s coming Toby,” she spoke to herself, and shot off toward the changeling queen.


Down below, off in the distance, the figure following Chrysalis witnessed the changelings battling with the creatures of the forest, and Discord, whilst crouching behind some nearby bushes. He looked to his wolf companion “Let’s go Riley and help them,” the wolf nodded, and bared his fangs. They stood, and started charging forth toward the forest.


While he was using his magic to force some changeling drones dance, Discord noticed the figure, and his wolf approaching the battle. He looked at the two curiously, and turned to the drones was manipulating “Alright, time eradicate you parasites.” With a sly laugh, he snapped the fingers on his lion paw, and the changelings suddenly vanished in a flash.


As the two got close enough, the taller one pulled out a sharp long object from behind that was attached to his back. It appeared to be a sword as the man used it to easily slice a changeling in half. The body fell, and green glowing liquid poured out onto the ground.


The battle stopped as the animals, and changelings all turned to see the two lone figures standing over the slayed carcass of a drone. The other drones looked in shock, but suddenly focused their attention on the two figures with looks of pure anger. They abandoned their fighting with the animals, and hovered toward the two.

The man planted his feet firmly into the ground, bent forward on his right leg, stretched out his left leg, and raised the sword up to his shoulder. He licked his lips, and turned to the wolf “Ready buddy,” the wolf nodded as he planted his paws into the ground as well, and gritted his teeth with a growl. The drones sped toward them with their fangs bared.


As soon as the changelings got closer the man swiped his sword at them, slicing three in concession. The wolf started smacking at drone after drone with his paws, and leaped into the air on top of several. The man and wolf were taking on the drones effortlessly by themselves, and the animals, along with Discord watched with shocked, yet impressed expressions.


Discord rubbed at his chin with his lion paw, and nodded amusingly “Hmm… those two aren’t bad,” he let out a light chuckle as he watched the two fight together, and alone.


Fluttershy was closely approaching Chrysalis in the air, and she could see Toby curled up on her back. Her eyes widened in fear as she saw the two surrounded in the green orbital shield, but what frightened her was watching a ray of magic coming out of Toby’s small form, and charging the shield. “My poor baby boy,” she gasped, and flew faster.


She was right up on Chrysalis she yelled out in rage “LET GOT OF MY SON YOU MONSTER!” Her face contorted in anger.


Toby was whimpering in pain as he felt himself being drained more and more by the shield. His ears twitched when he heard the voice of his mom “Mo-Momma?” He weakly lifted his head, and looked behind him to see her quickly approaching “MOMMA!” He cried out, as fresh tears trickled down his cheeks.


He tried to get up off Chrysalis’ back “GAH!” He cried out in pain as the shield gave him a little shock, and he shook.


Chrysalis cackled as she turned to see Fluttershy “You aren’t going to ruin my moment you foolish pony,” she lowly spoke as she lit her horn up, and shot a ray of magic at Fluttershy.


The yellow Pegasus weaved, and dodged the blast as she straightened her wings “Toby, Momma’s coming!” She got right up on the tail of Chrysalis, and tried to reach her hooves out to grab her son, but the shield was like rubber, and pushed her back.

Fluttershy couldn’t hold her tears in when she saw the pain her son was in, but she kept her furious pace to catch up to Chrysalis. As she was about to reach her once again, out of nowhere a pair of drones flew up, and grabbed her by her forelegs, and used their wings to pull her down. She reached a hoof out to open air as she saw the two getting smaller “TOBY!”


Toby’s face was flooded with tears as he watches his mom being pulled back down to the ground, and heard a deep, evil laughter escape the lips of his captor. He shuddered with fear as he curled up tighter, and cried.


After being drug back down to the ground, Fluttershy felt the two drones pulling at her hind legs, and wings. She tried to kick them off, but they had her helplessly on her back, and they cackled down at her. They rose up their forelegs to stomp on her when they felt a force knock them off her, and causing them roll a few feet away.


“Hey you parasites pick on some pony your own size,” the sound of a young voice could be heard. Fluttershy gasped as she watched them struggle to get back up, and turned to the one who saved her. She looked in awe at the creature that stood before her. The two drones hovered in the air, and flew away.


“Here, let me help you up,” he spoke with a soft tone, and reached out a hand. The creature was a half pony/half human hybrid. His lower half was that of a pony with a sea blue coat, but he bared no cutie mark. His upper half was human, and lightly tanned. He had a lime green mane with matching tail, and his eyes were of a lavender hue, and he wore an orange jacket on his upper half.


Fluttershy looked up at him curiously, but placed a hoof in his hand to allow him to help her up. She shook off the dirt from the ground, and looked to see the creature came up eye level to her. “Um… thank you… um… what is your name?”


He gave her a soft smile “My name is Kevin.” He looked to see her face was stained with tears, and placed a hand gently on her shoulder. “Hey now, what’s the matter?” He looked at her with concern.


She sniffled, and gave him a sad smile “It is nice to meet you Kevin, but right now I have to go rescue my son. He was foal napped by that witch, Queen Chrysalis.” She gritted her teeth, and kicked at the ground with a hoof in anger.


Kevin reached up with a hand to gently wipe away Fluttershy’s tears, and placed one on her shoulder. “Don’t worry… uh… if I may ask… what is your name?” He let out a light giggle.
She gave a little smile “My name is Fluttershy.”


He reached up, and gently stroked at her mane, looking into her eyes “Well Fluttershy, I promise we will get your son back. I will help you in any way I can,” he gave her a warm smile.


Fluttershy smiled softly “Thank you Kevin, but I can’t ask you to do that.”


He shook his head “Hey, don’t worry. I want to help,” he gave her a smile, and crossed his arms. “So, which way were they heading?” She reached up a hoof, and pointed toward Canterlot Castle. Kevin looked in the direction, and nodded “Hmm… well I say let’s get there as fast as we can.”


They both smiled at each, and were about to gallop toward the castle when a bright white light flashed in front of them. Suddenly Twilight appeared “Oh Fluttershy, are you okay? I heard your scream, and…” She turned her attention to Kevin “And who are you?” She gave the satyr boy an angry glare, and lit her horn up.


This caused Kevin to shake a little, and back up timidly. “Wait… I am just trying to help Fluttershy get her son back. I don’t want any problems,” he put his hands in front of him.


Fluttershy placed a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder and nodded “Yes Twilight. Kevin here just saved me from two changelings, and we were on our way to save Toby when you teleported here.”


Twilight’s anger dissipated, and she scratched the back of her neck with a hoof. “Oh. I am sorry Kevin. I thought you were some dangerous creature trying to hurt my friend.”


He waved a hand at her “Don’t worry about it Twilight. I understand,” he let out a light chuckle, and looked at Fluttershy with a determined look “Now let’s go rescue your son.” He said proudly, and the three turned to gallop toward Canterlot.


Back in the Everfree Forest, the animals were going back to their seperative homes, and Discord simply used his magic to make all of the sliced, diced, and cut up remains of the changeling drones disappear in a flash. He walked toward the man and wolf.


“Well, well, well, I have to admit my good sir, that you and your dog there were impressive.” He gave the two a grin. “Let me introduce myself. I am known all around Equestria as the Master of Chaos, Discord. Well the former Master of Chaos.” He let out a chuckle. “And if it isn’t too intrusive, who may you two be?”


The man placed his sword back into its holder on his back, and looked at Discord with a determined look “I am Nikolai, and this is my loyal companion Riley.” The wolf sat on his haunches, and simply nodded up at Discord.


Nikolai wore a sky blue sweater with long charcoal grey sleeves, dark blue jeans, and black walking shoes. Riley had a red coat with black tribal markings on his underbelly. The bottom half of his tail was black, and from his neck to around his eyes were black.


“Well, Nikolai and Riley, it is good to meet some new beings here in Equestria.” He looked at them curiously, and placed a talon to his chin “Exactly why and how are you two here in Equestria anyway?”


Nikolai looked at him intently “I shall explain in time, but right now I am on a mission. I am following this wicked and quite frankly ugly looking mare that was carrying a child on her back.” He looked at Discord curiously “Have you seen her?”


“Ah… so you two are after Chrysalis as well?” They nodded as he pointed his eagle arm toward Canterlot “She is on her way there. I am on my way to aide my friend Fluttershy, and if you two would like some company, I would be honored to tag along.”


“Thank you for the offer Discord, but me and Riley works alone.” He gave Discord a firm nod, and the two were off in a shot toward the castle. Discord shrugged his shoulders, and with a snap of his talons, he disappeared in a flash.


In the Crystal Kingdom, Spike finished telling Cadence and Shining Armor what happened. Shining Armor was about to speak when a soldier trotted through the throne room doors. “Your highnesses, we have been informed that there are changelings on their way to attack the empire.”


Every pony gasped, and Shining Armor looked at the guard with a stern look “Tell every guard to prepare for the attack. I will be down to join soon,” the guard nodded, and trotted out of the throne room.


Cadence looked at her husband “Go Shining and defend our home. I will go with Spike and the fillies back to Ponyville,” she gave her husband a warm smile.


Spike raised a claw “Uh… Princess Cadence… not to be a spoil sport, but how are we supposed to get back to Ponyville without tickets for the Friendship Expressed?” He looked up at her curiously, along with the fillies.


Cadence giggled, and ruffled Spikes head “Spike, you silly little dragon. We aren’t taking the train back to Ponyville,” she gave him and the others a warm smile.


Spike scratched at his temple with a single claw “Uh… what now?”


She let out a soft giggle “Come here Spike and friends,” she motioned them with a fore hoof, and they obliged. Spike and the fillies stood beside her with three on each side. “We are going to teleport to Ponyville,” she sighed softly.


Shining trotted up to his wife and looked into her eyes “Be careful my love. Save our nephew,” he gave a look of determination.


She nodded “We will Shining. You be careful too, and protect our kingdom.” He nodded as the two shared a kiss. Shining Armor nodded proudly as he galloped out of the throne room, closing the door behind him.


“Alright young ones… get ready, because here we go,” she closed her eyes, and lit her horn up. With a flash the seven vanished.


At Canterlot Castle, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were pacing back and forth anxiously. “Tia, what do we do? All of Equestria is being attacked, and Chrysalis still has our little nephew.” Luna looked at Celestia with deep concern.


“I know dear sister. The elements are separated, defending each region, and we don’t know the next part of Chrysalis’ plan. I guess we just…” Suddenly she was cut off by the sound of a thud, and a whimper. They turned to see the small form of Toby rolling on the ground, until he stopped on his stomach.


“TOBY!” The royal sisters yelled, and galloped toward the fallen child who was coughing weakly. When they got closer to them, they felt a blast of magic, and were sent crashing against the throne room’s walls. A cackle could be heard as Chrysalis trotted in from the balcony.


The princesses were slow to stand up, but when they did, their eyes burned with anger. “Chrysalis,” Celestia spoke as she gritted her teeth.


She grinned meticulously as she levitated the weakened child over to the throne. She used her magic to create a metal collar, and placed it around Toby’s neck. She created a pair of metal cuffs to lock his wrists together, and created a chain to connect on into the collar, and the other end to the throne.


Celestia and Luna looked on terrified for Toby as he shuddered with sobs, his head lowered looking at the floor, and him on his knees as Chrysalis sat before him on her haunches. They both looked at each other, ad nodded lighting up their horns.


“Uh…uh… not so fast you two,” Chrysalis gave a sinister grin, and blasted them again with another blow of magic, causing them to crash into the walls again. She closed the palace doors, and locked them. “Now I won’t want you two to escape on me,” she let out a low chuckle as she lit her horn up more intensely.


She created two black rings, and placed them on the horns of the princesses to render them powerless. Next, she placed metal collars around their necks, and used a chain to lock it to the floor to a hook she created with her magic. This forced the royal sisters to sit on their haunches.


Celestia glowered at Chrysalis “Chrysalis, let the poor child and my sister go. It is me who you want, not them.” She looked at Chrysalis with a pleading look as she gazed at the innocent little colt.


“That may be true Celestia, but why do I need you anymore when I have this sweet little morsel.” She gave a mischievous grin as she stroked at Toby’s head, and leaned her head down letting her hot breath flow over the poor child’s face. “Besides, I may upgrade you from my tasty little snack, to my obedient little pet.”


Toby kept his head lowered trembling with fear, and shuddering with sobs. He raised his head at Celestia and Luna, and weakly spoke “I am sorry Auntie Celestia and Auntie Luna.” He whimpered, and shook harder.


“Aw… isn’t that precious. This little snack still thinks of you two as family, even after he witnessed the truth,” she let out a cackle of joy.


Celestia looked on sadly at Toby, and furrowed at Chrysalis “What do you mean the truth? We do love him!”


Chrysalis rolled her eyes “No matter. It really doesn’t matter, because it is his love that will give the ultimate to take over Equestria once and for all,” she laughed evilly.


Suddenly the two drones that attacked Fluttershy came hovering into the throne room, and over to their queen. They hissed into her ear, causing her to become wide-eyed.


She looked at the two princesses with a sly smirk “Well, it seems like that your loyal ponies are on their way to the castle to come rescue this tasty morsel,” she chuckled lowly. Another drone suddenly hovered into the throne room and up to his queen. He hissed into her ear, and she looked like she saw a ghost.


“WHAT,” she yelled, and stomped a hoof close to Toby causing him to tremble harder. She sneered at Celestia “Now it appears that your precious Elements of Harmony have defeated my army in each of the regions.” She lowered her head in anger.


“That means you are through Chrysalis. The Elements of Harmony will defeat you once and for all,” Celestia and Luna smiled proudly.


Chrysalis grinned evilly “Let them come,” she looked down at Toby, and stroked at his head. “Because it will all be futile. I will take Equestria from you Celestia, and it will be all thanks to this little one’s naïve love for you all,” she cackled loudly, and turn to trot out to the balcony.


She looked out across the land of Equestria “I promise Equestria, Queen Chrysalis shall rule, and I shall rule forever!” She hovered up in the air and cackled loudly, unaware of the Elements of Harmony were on their way to save Toby, and all of Equestria.


This time, they weren’t alone.

Author's Note:

I want to thank midnightshadow1 and ShutterGuy for letting me use their OC's. I will explain how and why they are in Equestria soon. :twilightblush:

midnightshadow1 OC's: Nikolai and Riley

ShutterGuy's OC: Kevin the Satyr