• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,415 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,415

Chapter Twelve

Queen Chrysalis sat at the throne in Canterlot Castle, and looked at the captured princesses with a sinister grin. Her grin grew wider as she looked down at the shackled little boy on his knees, and head lowered to the floor. She used a hoof to stroke from the top of his head down his back while he trembled underneath her touch.


Toby trembled with sobs as he looked at the ground, afraid to look up at his family in Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna. His eyes were flooded with tears as he allowed them to flow freely down his cheeks, and let out small weak coughs making his body shudder harder. Chrysalis relished in the pain the small child was in, and she let out a lowly chuckle.


“Well my obedient little pet, I am going to go take a stroll through my palace gardens.” She leaned her head down, and roughly nuzzled at his tear stained cheek “Now you just be a good little pet.” She stomped her hoof next to him causing him to tremble “Do you understand me?” He felt her hot breath wash over his face.


He kept his head lowered, and nodded, shuddering with sobs “Y-y-yes Queen C-Chrysalis.” He whimpered as he sat helplessly on his knees.


She let out a cackle as she turned to trot out to the balcony, and flew down to the gardens. Meanwhile Celestia, positioned on her haunches looked up at the broken child at the throne, and her eyes started to be consumed with tears. Luna looked over to her sister, and then at Toby, feeling the same sorrow Celestia did.


Celestia spoke with the softest of voices to try, and get the child’s attention “Toby sweetheart, look at me please.” Her eyes grew wide with shock as he weakly lifted his head, and saw the pain and sorrow etched on his face. “Oh my poor, poor young nephew, what has she done to you?” Tears threatened to escape as she looked at his face stained with tears.


He spoke between his sobs “A-Auntie Celestia, A-Auntie Luna, I-I am so s-sorry. T-this is all m-my fault.” He lowered his head back down, making the chains of his wrist shackles to clang lightly against the cuffs.


Luna shook her head, and frowned at the little boy “No my dear Toby. You mustn’t blame yourself for the mayhem that Queen Chrysalis has caused.” She wanted to reach out a hoof badly to lay on his shoulder, and let him know that everything will be alright.


Celestia nodded reassuringly “Yes precious child. None of this is whatsoever your fault. The power that Chrysalis possesses is too strong for one as young as you.” Celestia let out a calm sigh “Don’t worry my little nephew, the Elements of Harmony will be here, and Queen Chrysalis shall be defeated.” She spoke confidently, yet her heart ached for Toby.


He weakly lifted his head, and turned to look outside to the balcony, gazing at the sun which was slowly starting to set. Momma, I am so sorry. I love you Momma, please be safe.


Inside the Golden Oaks Library, the Elements of Harmony were all together, along with Discord, Princess Cadence, and the three new allies that have joined to assist the group. Spike and the five fillies were upstairs in Twilight’s bedroom sleeping. While the girls were sitting together in a circle in the center of the library, Kevin stood up in the background at the door, and Nikolai and Riley sat at the bottom of the staircase.


Twilight stood up on all fours “Alright girls, since we have successfully defeated all of the changelings, it is time for us to rescue the princesses, and most importantly our precious child,” the others nodded in determination. Twilight then turned her focus to the three new allies “You three, we know you are with us, but exactly who are you three?”


Kevin quirked an eyebrow and he locked eyes with Nikolai “Do you want to go first buddy, or should I?” He had his arms crossed as he leaned up against the wall.


Nikolai looked down at Riley who nodded to him, and Nikolai rubbed the top of the wolf’s head. “Well, I guess I will explain myself.” He let out a deep sigh as he looked at everyone “I must ask you to not show pity upon me after you hear mine and Riley’s story, because I won’t accept it.” The group nodded, and he inhaled and exhaled deeply as he began his tale.


“I remember as it was just yesterday. I was only an infant at the time, but I remember opening my eyes to the evening sky, and the moon showing its warm glow over me. I looked around to see where I was, and I found myself out in the darkness surrounded by trees. I started to cry, but no one would come. As time went by, I was discovered by a wolf, and it took me in when it didn’t see any others of my species around…”


“From that moment on I learned to live with the wolves, and understand their way of life. I knew I was unlike the other wolves, but I felt like I was one of them, because they were the ones who cared for me, and treated me as one of their own. As I grew, I learned how to scavenge for food, thanks to the teachings of my wolf family. I lived on berries, nuts, and lush edible plants as my source of food. I never really cared for the taste of meat…”


The group gave a smile of relief knowing that Nikolai didn’t eat meat.


“Once I was old enough, I said goodbye to the pack, and headed out on my journey to discover the vast world that I grew up in, known as Earth. While on my exploration, I came across Riley here, but he was severely injured with a broken leg. For a whole month, I nursed him back to health, and we have been best friends ever since.”


Nikolai rubbed the top of Riley’s head earning him a lick on the face. The two shared a warm smile, and the ponies gave soft smiles of their own.


“However on one cold winter’s day, our friendship almost met a tragic end. We were just treading through a thick wooded forest. Now on Earth, humans like to hunt, and kill animals, either for sport, or for food during winter. Their favorite animal to hunt is deer, so with us traveling through the woods, they thought we were a couple of deer. We heard two blasts, but it was of a sudden, that we didn’t have time to avoid the bullets…”


“I was shot in the chest, and Riley was shot in his side. Before we collapsed to the ground, I caught a glimpse of the two low lives that shot us, and they ran away like the cowards they were. I could feel my heart beating fainter, but I was more concerned for Riley. We lay there looking into each other’s eyes, and we knew this was it. I reached out, and held Riley’s paw in my hand as we slowly drifted off into unconsciousness.”


The group gasped, and had tears threatening to escape from each of their eyes.


“I remember suddenly waking up blinded by the bright light of the sun, and I could hear the flowing of a steady stream. Suddenly I sat up gasping for air as I felt the beat of my heart becoming strong once again. Before me though put a smile on my face, because I saw Riley drinking from the stream, and I raced over to him to give him a big hug…”


“While we embraced each other, which felt like eternity, we heard the voice that of a soft, and angelic tone. We looked up to see that the voice was coming from your Princess Celestia. She brought us here to Equestria when she discovered that we were on the brink of death, and gave us a second chance at life…”


“For her honorable, and selfless act in saving us, I vowed to offer my assistance if any danger may arise in Equestria.” He let out a deep sigh as he finished his tale.


“Oh you poor dear, you and your friend have been through so much. I am truly sorry darling,” Rarity spoke up as she gave the two a sad smile.


Nikolai waved a hand at her “It is okay Rarity. Like I said, I don’t ask for pity, because I am breathing, and I have my best friend with me.” Riley barked happily and licked at Nikolai’s hand. Nikolai laughed as he turned to Kevin “Well, I told my story, now you.”


Kevin stood up from the wall, and let out a deep sigh. “Well, there isn’t that much to tell about me, except I am just like you, I grew up without knowing my parents. In fact, I don’t think there are any other satyrs here in Equestria.” He gave a sad smile, and let out another sigh “I just travel around from place to place, until I heard your yellow friend scream, and I knew I had to do something.” He looked at the ponies with a serious look “I am here to help in any way I can,” he gave a firm nod.


Nikolai and Riley nodded in agreement “We are too.”


Twilight nodded at the three “Thank you. All three of you,” she gave them a warm smile, and stood up. She looked around at every pony with the face of determination “Girls, tonight we will go to Canterlot at midnight. I figured that Chrysalis would be asleep at that time, and it might be a little easier to rescue Toby, and the princesses.” She let out a content sigh “If it isn’t, then I say we will have no choice, but to fight. Are you all in?”


Rainbow Dash through a fore leg in the air, and gave a smirk. “You bet Twilight. No pony gets away with hurting my little buddy and trying to take over my home of Equestria. I’m all in,” she gave a proud smile.


Rarity flicked her mane, and furrowed her brows “As a lady, I would usually consider this barbaric, but I won’t like that ruffian of a queen harm one hair on my precious little nephews cute little head. I shall join you in this thrashing,” she gave a chuckle.


“Ah am always in the mood for some good ol’ fashion bucking.” Applejack reared up on her hind legs, kicked her fore legs in the air, and landed on her hooves licking her lips and tilting her hat. “Ah say let’s go save the little feller, and send that sorry excuse of a queen back where she came from.”


Pinkie Pie nodded vigorously, and hopped around gleefully “Time to throw a ‘Queen Chrysalis, You Are A Goner’ party.” She giggled as she hopped onto all fours, and growled.


“We’ve defeated Chrysalis before, and we shall defeat her again. Count me in,” Princess Cadence spoke.


Twilight nodded firmly, but looked at Fluttershy who had her head lowered “Fluttershy, are you with us?”


Fluttershy slowly lifted her head up, her brows furrowed in anger, her lips pursed with rage, and she stood up on all fours. She spoke with a tone of anger mixed with pure determination “Let’s go get my son back!”