• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,389 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,389

Chapter Five

Queen Chrysalis lowered to the ground as she returned to her home in the Badlands with the helpless child tied up and concealed inside the sack on her back. It was nightfall as Luna’s moon casted an ominous glow over the barren land. The Diamond Dogs burrowed above ground as they trudged behind the changeling queen.


“Neh… my queen, since you have what you wanted, may we get what we want?” Rover asked nervously as he bowed his head.


She sighed softly and turned toward the three “I guess so,” she glared at them “I warn you mutts, if you dare step foot in our home without permission, then you shall meet a tragic end. Do you three mongrels understand me?” She stomped her hoof before them causing them to tremble. She glared daggers at them as they nodded.


“Y-yes your highness,” they said in unison. They turned around and burrowed underground to head back toward Rambling Rock Ridge to go retrieve their guards.


Chrysalis smirked as she watched the three leave, then turned her head back at the wiggling sack on her back “Mm… let’s get you inside you tasty little morsel so I can get a good look at you,” she let out a quiet evil chuckle and turned to trot back into her cave.


While trotting through the cave to get to her living quarters, the changeling drones could sense the fear emanating from the sack on their queen’s back. They fangs dripped with saliva as they carefully followed her, hovering beside the sack.


She turned and smiled evilly at her children eyeing the sack with hunger “Don’t worry my children you shall be fed in time. For now, I think it is time that me and this little one gets acquainted first, “ they nodded and flew off to their own part of the cave.


After arriving in her secluded area of the caverns, Chrysalis levitated the sack over to a corner. She opened it and levitated the trembling child out to set him on the ground. She looked at him tied up as she used her magic to undo the rope around his arms and back, but used it to tie one end around one of his ankles and the other end to a stake that was planted in the corner.


A muffled whimper could be heard from the scared child as his mouth was stuffed with the cloth the Diamond Dogs place in it. Chrysalis smiled evilly at the fear he showed as she used her magic to remove the cloth from Toby’s mouth to reveal his quivering lips. She finally removed the cloth around his eyes that acted like a blind fold.


Toby had his eyes clenched shut afraid to open them as he spoke with fear “W-w-whose there?”


A soft cackle could be heard in the cave “Oh, my dear sweet child, you can open your eyes,” Chrysalis spoke with a sly mischievous tone. She laid down on all four legs as she placed her fore hooves on each side of him.


He carefully opened his eyes to look up into her into her glaring green eyes “AAHH!” He crawled backwards up against the wall of the cave and curled his kneed up to his chest hugging them close “W-who are you and w-where am I?” He whimpered.


She grinned wider as she reached up to stroke at the top of his head as he shook under her hoof “My, aren’t just a delectable looking young one. May I introduce myself, I am the Queen of the Changelings, I am Queen Chrysalis,” she gave a low chuckle. “And you my dear child are here at my home in the Badlands,” she gave him an evil smile.


Tears were started to leak from the corners of his eyes as he looked up at her “P-please Q-Queen Chrysalis let me go. I want my Momma,” he lowered his head into his lap and shuddered with sobs.


She continued to stroke the top of his head down his back feeling him shake, but it made her grin even wider. “I am afraid I can’t do that little one,” she leaned her head close to him and sniffed inhaling in his fear, yet salivating at the strength of his love.


He slowly raised his head up as he allowed his tears to flow “W-w-why? I want my MOMMA!” He wailed but suddenly went silent and trembled more as she stood up stomping her hoof right next to him.


“Silence you little bug!” She glared down at him and inhaled deeply then exhaled “Now then, you can’t leave my dear child, because I need you to help me and my children become strong again,” she let out an evil chuckle.


He swallowed nervously as he looked way up at her “W-what do you mean y-you need me? I-I don’t have anything I could give you,” he timidly spoke.


She gave a soft smile “Oh, but of course you do little one,” she chuckled mischievously. “You see my dear child, we changelings feed off the love of ponies with hearts of purity and harmony,” she used a fore hoof to poke roughly at his chest causing him to yelp “Just like you my tasty little morsel.”


He trembled even more at what she just said, but buried his head back in his lap shuddering harder with sobs unable to say anything.


She let out a loud cackle “Now, now my dear child, I promise you it won’t hurt... much,” she chuckled lowly. She turned to trot to the center of room she slept in the cave and let out a yawn “For now though, I am going to go to bed. I had such a long exhausting day, “she laid down on a large rock that was used as her bed and stretched out both sets of legs before tucking them underneath her. She glared at the scared child “Goodnight my tasty little one. Tomorrow the feast shall begin,” she let out one more chuckle before laying her head on her fore hooves and falling asleep.


Toby sat there with his knees curled up to his chest for a few minutes before laying down on the cold hard ground curling up into a ball. He shivered and felt his tears flow down his cheeks “I miss Momma,” he thought to himself as he cried himself to sleep.


In the Golden Oaks Library Twilight and the others including the CMC, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Big Mac, except for Fluttershy were all asleep. Fluttershy was outside on the top balcony looking up at Luna’s moon with tears stinging her eyes.


“Oh my precious little Toby, Momma misses you so much,” she let out a deep sigh and lowered her head allowing a tear to fall onto the floor staining the wood. She stomped her hoof in anger as she heard hoof steps approach behind her.


“Fluttershy,” the voice of Twilight was heard as she trotted up beside Fluttershy and sat down on her haunches. She reached up a wing to lay over her back and tried to look into her eyes “Fluttershy, are you okay?”


Fluttershy sighed heavily as she opened her tear stained eyes and looked at Twilight “No Twilight, I am not okay,” she said with frustration as she gritted her teeth. “That monster has my baby boy, and we are just sitting here waiting on a response from Princess Celestia,” she choked back her sobs and turned her head as more tears started to flow.
Twilight frowned at her friend and started to rub at her back with a wing “Fluttershy, I understand that you are angry, but I promise we will find a way to get Toby back,” she sighed deeply. “But we have to wait on what Celestia has to tell us what to do. You heard the fillies tell you that if we try to do something hasty, Chrysalis vowed to hurt Toby worse than she originally planned.”


Fluttershy let out a deep sigh and solemnly nodded her head “I know Twilight, but I am scared for Toby. What if she hurts him real bad without us even trying to attempt something, huh?” She asked between sobs with her mouth quivering.


Twilight frowned as she sighed deeply “I promise you Fluttershy, we will get to him before that happens,” she thought for a minute. “In the morning, before Princess Celestia sends her response, we will pay a visit to Rambling Rock Ridge and get those Diamond Dogs. I am sure they will know where Chrysalis is hiding,” she gave a light and reassuring smile.


Fluttershy sighed deeply and looked up at Luna’s moon as it reflected in her tear stained eyes “I hope you are right Twilight,” she closed her eyes and placed a hoof over her heart “Please be safe Toby, Momma loves you,” she softly whispered as Twilight gave her a soft smile and rubbed at her back with a wing as she looked up at Luna’s moon as well.


She sighed softly and looked over to Fluttershy “C’mon Fluttershy, let’s go to bed. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow,” she lifted her wing off Fluttershy’s back as she motioned for her to follow. Fluttershy nodded as she sniffled.


She thought to herself as she trotted back into the library “I promise my baby boy, we will save you. Be strong Toby,” she allowed the remainder of her tears to shed as she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep.