• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 1,399 Views, 3 Comments

Growing Up Mane Six - Aiet



A man has to adopt the mane six after the universe is destroyed so that Celestia can rewrite history back to when it was.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,399

Get well soon

When Celestia and Luna came to the white two story house they found five fillies huddled around something and giggling like mad. As the royal sisters reproached the porch the girls moved back to revile Rainbow Dash with an annoyed look and a bright pink bow in her mane.

“Girls, what are you doing to your sister?” Luna asked as the five fillies laughed hard. Rainbow Dash started to pull out the bow as the alicorns stood at the porch.

“We're making her pretty for our birthday.” Rarity said as she tried stopping Rainbow Dash. Today was the girls sixth birthday and they waited for their aunts to come and take them for a surprise.

“Where's your father?” Celestia asked the other four as the two wrestled behind them.

“Daddy's still asleep.” Twilight said and Celestia hid a sigh of frustration as she walked past the girls and into the house. Luna stayed with the girls and made sure they were ready. Inside the house Celestia looked around as her anger began to build. The house was not filthy but it was still trashed and not the children playing for a few hours trashed. There was trash scattered here and there all over the floor, the walls had stains on them, and in the kitchen the dishes piled high. She made her way to the door of Xylon's room and let her self in. It was dark, dirty clothes littered the floor, and it smelt like unwashed bodies. Xylon was asleep face down on the bed with a red shirt and black pants that he had been wearing for the last three days. That’s when she saw the picture frame with the surface covered in white powder.

“GET UP NOW!” with a blast of magic she flipped over the mattress and sent Xylon to the floor with a startled yell. He quickly shot up and faced Celestia.

“What the hells your problem!?” he said while breathing hard and his fist clenched. Celestia stared at him furious.

“It's your daughters birthday, you know that right?” Xylon was still glaring at her then it hit him. He started shifting through all the stuff littered on the floor trying to get things ready.

“Don't bother, I already have something planned for them.” he stopped and quickly looked at her angrily.

“Oh so you get to make the decisions for my daughters birthday now?” Celestia ignored him, using her magic she tossed the picture frame on the flipped mattress next to him.

“What this?” she watched him as he silently picked up the frame. He then spoke softly.

“It's none of your damned business.” This made Celestia furious and she started yelling to where everyone outside could hear. Luna took all the girls and told them that Celestia would come later for their birthday.

“It is my BUSINESS when you hold the future of Equestria!” Xylon flung the frame to the side and stepped towards her.

“I took in six babies I didn't even know for YOU. I've had to raise them by MYSELF with NO HELP. What I do IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!” they stared each other down in silence until Celestia spoke.

“You will not see the girls until you have fixed your problem.” Xylon quickly went to her and shoved a finger into her chest, she didn't flinch once.

“You have no right to-” Celestia reared up and knocked Xylon down and angry rays shone from her horn.

“I have every right! Look at your self! Look at this house! I will not have those girls live in such conditions and until everything is better you will not see the girls!” she slammed down her front hooves and the light died away as Xylon still glared at her from on the floor.

“Sister maybe you should go with the girls, they are at the carriage.” Luna stood at the door way, neither heard her coming up. Celestia stared at Xylon one last time and turned out the door. Luna looked at Xylon who stared at the floor until she left too. Xylon sat there as the sisters went to the carriage that held the six girls.

“Sister don't you think-”

“We will not discuss this any further.” Celestia cut off Luna and opened the door to the carriage. Once in side they took off and Twilight spoke up.

“Is daddy going to meet us there?” Both sisters looked at Twilight, Luna with a sad smile and Celestia an unreadable expression but with a single tear starting to form in her eye away from Luna.

“Daddy's sick so he can't go but he said to have a good birthday and he loves you all.” Luna covered for them and Twilight seemed to believe her. The girls went on to have a wonderful birthday at a water park. They got to swim and splash for hours in the warm sun. Afterwords they went to Canterlot and to the castle. The entire time Xylon sat in the same spot but with the broken picture frame in his hand. He had to wipe away the residue so he could see the picture clearly.

“We have another surprise for you girls. You all get to stay her for a while and each get your own rooms and everything.” all the girls exclaim excitedly as Celestia told them their other gift but in reality she was giving Xylon a chance to clean up and if he didn't... well she wasn't sure what would happen. She sat on the throne and watched the girls play before her with sad eyes. She didn't want to yell at Xylon but she was mad at him for letting the girls live in such a house and for causing him self... to become so low. What they had together ended long ago but she still...

Xylon still sat in the same spot as yesterday... or was it the day before yesterday? He lost track of time as he did nothing but stare at the frame in his hands. He didn't even look up when the front door opened and closed and some one came to his bedroom door.

“You haven't moved...” it was Luna, he could tell by the voice but he still didn’t move. She went to him and placed a card in his lap.

“The girls made this for you...” she placed it right over the broken frame, it was a get well card. He finally moved for the first time and opened the card, signed by each girl.

Get well soon daddy
We all love you

Luna watched him as he stared down at the card with out any other movement.

“Look I don't know what you're going through, it must be hard but you have six girls to look after. I know you love them and would never let anything happen to them but...” she didn't know what to say as she sighed. He still looked down at his lap with the card.

“Xylon please, look at me...” Luna pleaded and finally he shifted once again and slowly rose his head. Tears ran down his face and landed on the card. She could see the pain in his eyes.

“I don't want to live like this anymore. I don’t want to get mad because one of them are trying to wake me so I can make breakfast because they didn't eat dinner. I don’t want to wake up everyday having to... so I can...” Xylon couldn't talk any more as he place his face in his hands and sobbed. Luna sat next to him and wrapped him in her wings.

“No matter how long it takes, get better for your girls.” Luna whispered into his ear as he wept. Finally after some time he stopped and they sat there silently. Xylon broke the quiet chill in the room.

“I don't want them to see until... this is all gone.” Luna nodded and held him closer. Like any other addiction it would be a long and hard road but for Xylon it would be worse. If a regular pony did a pound a day for a month it would equal the effects it had on Xylon but it was a price he had to pay and today he would start paying.

That night and the one after he could not sleep or even move. He forced him self to stand up, clutching the card to his chest, walking unsteadily before falling down. It took him three more tries before he could stand and walk with out falling, all the while holding the card to his chest. It was his life line to his daughters and it would keep him in alive.

A week later the house was clean from top to bottom and every room in between. With the help of Luna for a day or two, Xylon cleaned the house as a start. Now the only thing that was left was a slight smell that lingered in the air. It wasn't until he stopped and sat on the couch did he realize the smell was coming from him, he still wore the same clothes. As he made his way to the bathroom did withdrawal finally hit him. Before he would get headaches that lasted for hours but now his stomach started to hurt. It felt like his stomach was trying to rip itself out of his body with white hot needles. He tried to make it to the toilet but lost his balance and slipped into the tub.

Xylon woke up as cold water rain down on him and plastered his clothes to his burning and dry skin. He spat out the water from his mouth with a foul taste and a soar throat. He sat up as the water chipped away the dried vomit on his clothes but the sudden movement caused his head to throb horribly. Then it started again and this time he moved so that he was on his hands and knees. He puked more, a sick yellow mixed with blood. He kept on until nothing was left in his stomach but still dry heaved.

“Clean your self and come to the kitchen...” a voice to his side spoke and when he could look up he caught sight of a free flowing tail of mixed colors. Celestia came to the house to get something for the girls and found the front door wide open. In side she hesitantly called for Xylon but got no answer. When she did find him he was in the tub covered and laying in a pool of his own vomit. She had to remind her self that this is what he deserves but her heart didn't truly believe it.

Xylon slowly shuffled into the kitchen slightly damp with a towel around his waist. He entered to find Celestia at the stove cooking and he just stood at the door way.

“Sit.” she said with her back to him and he did as he was told. He sat down heavily at the kitchen table on the right side where Applejack sits. Celestia finished cooking and went over to the table, placing a plate of scrambled eggs and toast in front of him. She sat down at the head of the table, where Xylon sat, and watched him as he stared at his food. The sight of food made Xylon want to puke again but he didn’t luckily. Celestia looked at his naked chest, much skinnier and paler, she could see the out lines of his ribs.

“You not going to get better if you starve to death.” with a slightly annoyed tone she waited for him to eat. Xylon used his fingers and scooped the eggs into his mouth.

“Don't eat like an animal.” she used her magic and slid a fork to him, it clattered next to his hand. Xylon slowly picked up the fork and stared at it before slamming it into the table, sticking it strait up into the wood, then shoving his plate so hard it flew to the wall and shattered. They sat there in silence as the pieces fell to the floor. Suddenly Xylon turn in his chair and puked again on the floor.

“I am trying to help you.” Celestia said as he stood up taking off his towel, using it to clean up the vomit.

“I don’t think I ever asked for your help.” Xylon said with a raspy voice. Celestia said or did nothing, she just watched him clean up the puke. When he was finished he placed the towel in the sink and she walked past to, stopping at the door way.

“You can't say I didn't try...” with that she left him standing at the sink in silence. For awhile he stood there staring down at the towel. He finally went to his room to put on some clothes, gray boxers and black pants, then he looked around the cleaned room. Everything was neat and organized, even more so then before everything happened, and his practice dummy was set up by the closet door. He walked over to it slowly and looked it over.

“You did...” he spoke to the dummy or him self, he wasn't sure. If he was speaking to the dummy it didn't answer, the stuffed, simple human shaped doll just stayed quietly hooked onto the support stand. He started to slowly hit it, muscle memory coming into play. He started to go faster and faster as each blow knocked off dust with firm strikes. Soon the blows no longer stuck out as trained and became more as furious lashes. Xylon kept beating the doll with angry cries until he finally stopped and leaned against the wall. He slowly slid down the wall while tears streamed down his face.

Xylon woke up the next day sitting in the corner with his knees to his chest and his heart pounding. He brought his hands to his face and saw dried blood covering his knuckles and fingers, scabs over the splits of torn flesh. He slowly stood uneasily and walked out of his room into the living room. He looked around and noticed the calender on the wall then went to it. As he looked at the date it made him sigh sadly, it had only been a week and it was just the beginning.

“Strawberry right?” Xylon asked Celestia as she sat at the kitchen table and he poured flavored syrup on shaved ice. Strawberry was Celestia's favorite and Xylon knew it too, he always asked like a little joke from before. He sat down back in Applejack's place and she sat down in his, both with a strawberry icy. They sat in silence as the sipped on the homemade icy on the day that marked a month in total for his recovery. He had gone through more headaches, puking, fainting, and broken heart.

“They miss you but they are have a good time.” Celestia broke the silence and sipping causing Xylon to look up. With a sigh he looked back down into his treat.

“I'm... I'm not ready yet.” he didn't look back up and Celestia only nodded. Again they sat in silence and sipped on the melting, water down, strawberry slush. The air might have been tense but there was no fighting, yelling, or any high tempers at all. It was almost peaceful.

Xylon sat down at the table with the news paper in hand. Now it was clear like before but empty. The six pages that each of his daughters had dedicated to them was only filled with past memories. The last page which was dedicated to him and other things had something on it that was different from the sickness he fought.

“Can Xylon forgive Celestia or will she forgive him?” he read the head line out loud as Luna sat at the table.

“She never told me what happened between you two.” Luna looked at Xylon who started to fold the paper and placed it on the table.

“I figured she didn't... I don't want this to make you think any different of your sister...” Xylon told Luna about how the two fell apart that seemingly normal day that was in a different life time. That morning when he woke up he found his face had streaks of wetness running down but he had other things to do today. After all it was the day he was going to see his daughters again.

Xylon waited on the front porch of his house in a white shirt and yellow pants. He had gain most of his weight back and the color of his skin. He didn't wake up in the mornings with cravings and he didn't need anything to sleep at night. He was no longer the man who was dependent on the powder to sleep and wake up. He could function like a normal human being again... like a normal human being who was getting back his daughters after three long months.

“Look it's daddy!” Fluttershy called out in the carriage as it got close to the white two story. Xylon waited patiently on the porch with his arms crossed as it stopped and the door opened. Out tumbled six bright, smiling fillies who couldn't wait to see their father. They ran at full speed as Xylon dropped to a knee with his arms wide open. They plowed into him and he held them close as more tears trickled down his face.

“Daddy I can't wait to tell you what I learned!” Twilight said excitedly.

“And I can't wait to hear it.” Celestia stood at the carriage, watching with a small smile on her lips and a tear in her eye. Xylon lead the girls into a house different from the one they left. They sat in the living room telling their father of the many things they did and he listened to every word they had to say. In Xylon's room a new picture frame held the photo of Xylon being piled on by his six daughters. Next to the frame was a slightly bent and worn card that said-

Get well soon daddy
We all love you

Author's Note:

So after a second job, one large pep pizza, box of bread bites, 14 chiken tenders, cup ramen, half a gallon of kool aid, half a gallon of apple juice, and 4 dozen reeses penut butter cups, I have finally wrote the next chapter after some minor heart/diabetic/anal seepage problems... sooooooooooo enjoy /)'3'(\

Comments ( 1 )

3067850
Not cocaine but very close. later on I explain more in detail.

Also sorry for not saying something sooner, nothing was said you commented

Login or register to comment