• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 1,398 Views, 3 Comments

Growing Up Mane Six - Aiet



A man has to adopt the mane six after the universe is destroyed so that Celestia can rewrite history back to when it was.

  • ...
4
 3
 1,398

The world ended and you're a father

Xylon was sound asleep in his bed, being three A.M he had the right to. But the loud knocking at his door begged to differ, sounding once. Sounding twice. At the third time he finally began to stir, still asleep more or less. The forth time was louder and harder, waking him. He stared at the red glow from the numbers of his magic powered alarm clock that read three o'five. Then for the fifth time the knock sounded. Xylon groaned as he sat up on the edge of his bed and looked around his house. A simple red brick house with one bed room and bathroom. His room had only a bed, a large stand alone mirror, and a dresser with all his clothes. In the closet was practice dummies for karate, easels for painting and drawing, and small jewelery box buried at the bottom. For the sixth time the knock rapped on the door. He stood up and shuffled to the door of his room and went out on to the carpet of the living room. It was simple with a small yellow couch and a short coffee table where he ate all his meals. All the walls were bare save for only one window, covered by a black curtain, stopped the walls from going on forever. Seventh time. The only thing left of the house was the kitchen, with a sink, stove and some cookware, and the bathroom. He slowly made his way to the door and had his hand on the knob when who ever it was knocked for the eighth time.

Opening the door a soft blue glow revealed Xylon. He was six foot tall and a hundred and sixty pounds. He stayed fit with his karate that kept him slim and tone. Lightly tanned, smooth skin covered by near translucent blond hair. His head was covered in near gold blond hair that hung an inch below his ears. Square jaw, flat nose and a smooth face, he couldn't grow facial hair for some reason. He had dark orange eyes that through off everything about humans and natural eye color, but they were natural. He had to close his eyes for a second from the stinging light and when he opened them he wished he had not.

“Hello Xylon.” just as radiant as the day he met her, he could never get tired of seeing he again after each time he closed his eyes, Celestia. The alicorn stood in front of him on the other side of the door with a soft face as if trying to apologize but it was to late for that.

“What do yo... what the hell?” he saw past her and at the blue light that came from... nothing. Nothing was behind Celestia but the soft blue glow he had thought... well he didn't know what he had thought it had came from. The once beautiful lands of Equestria and the town of Ponyville were gone.

“Please come with me.” she spoke softly and he suddenly remembered she was there with him. He debated on just closing the door on her and wait for her to leave but he wanted to know what was going on. He was hesitant to step out the door, there was no ground.

“Here just place your hand on me.” she stepped to him and turned so he could place his hand on her shoulder. He would rather fall to his death but he reached out his hand any way and stepped out. He felt something solid underneath him but nothing was there at all. Celestia motioned for him to walk with her and they slowly walked away from the house with a brown slate roof. No sounds but the breathing of the two could be heard. Finally Xylon asked the question.

“What happened?” they stopped as he looked around at the nothingness.

“It's all gone. A magical disaster that wiped away all life and caused all the land to vanish.” they started walking again and soon were coming up on the house that had been behind them moments ago.

“I managed to save you but no one expect us and my sister survived.” Xylon stopped to try to take it all in. Everything was gone. Except for him and...

“Oh so you need someone to spend eternity with besides your sister?” he looked at her with sour face and poison tone. She took a deep breath and tired not to anger him.

“That's not it. I need-”

“You need someone to keep you preoccupied-” he had started raising his voice and took his hand from her, the moment he did he started to fall. The farther he fell the darker the blue became until they could no long see each other. Xylon thought he would fall forever until suddenly he stopped as Celestia carried him on her back. She flew him back to his home and he got off her at the door. Nether would look at the other and it was Celestia who broke the silence.

“Please just listen. Everything is gone but not forever. My sister and I are... repairing the world and it's inhabitants, placing back the time line like it once was. But there is a problem. In this time line... we have tried everything to put it back the exact same way but we can not.” she stopped and slowly Xylon looked at her face, serious with something else that lay underneath, and at her eyes, sorrow filled them. He could remember the day's that he would be lost in them but not any more.

“In this time line my pupil and her friends will not exist, everything they have accomplished no more. They have to be present in order for every trial they have over come to stay that way. Without them nothing well be the way it once was. I need to have them to be somewhere safe...” she trailed off as she couldn't look him in the eyes any more.

“So you want me to take in six mares that I really don't even know?” he gave her an annoyed look and she raised her head with her horn glowing like sun in which she harnessed. She recalled the days that both of them would be wrapped in her magic, forgetting about the rest of the world.

“Not mares any more.” from behind her floating in the air came a large woven basket that she placed between them. In side was six spheres of different colors.

“I was to save them all but only as the moment before they were born. When time resumes they we'll be born and start life once more. But I can't do this. I need you.” her eye pleaded to Xylon as he stared into them. He sighed and took the floating basket.

“Fine... but I’m not doing this for you.” she nodded as he turned back into his house holding the future. As the door closed she took off into what would be the sky once more. The house shrink into the distance but above her it came closer. Now Luna flew with her and looked over with a soft smile. They both passed the house picking up speed. Celestia remembered how the magical disaster had destroyed everything. She had just spoke to Twilight that night and hours later a blast of magic, a searing white ball that grew and grew until it consumed the entire world and disseminated everything, had changed all she had knew. Her sister and her had to act fast only saving them selves, the six mares, and Xylon. What existed was only an endless, repeating plane of soft blue glow and the small house. For what was minutes or hours they had to figure out what had happened and what they would do to fix it.

“Are you ready sister?” Luna called to Celestia as they passed the house again and picked up more speed. Celestia nodded and her horn glowed in the magic of sun, covering her whole body until nothing could be seen of her. Luna followed suit and was now encompassed in the magic of the moon. Flying up wards they saw the house again and what would be the ground they passed with a boom. Then there was grass. From where they passed at what would be the ground again grass grew and spread out ward. In the blink of an eye it fanned out in all directions and the land formed once again. Hills shaped and mountains sprouted like the trees. Soon the land met the sky and in one second and in a million years the world was complete. But it was not at the time of the disaster, it was a time set so that when the six newborns grew up they would be at the exact spot they should have been.

“So what will happen now sister?” Luna asked as they flew in the sky over the small house.

“It's up to Xylon now.” they soared in the air back to the castle they once called home. Xylon had watched as the world was reborn before his eyes but a strange sound made him look at the basket he still held. In side the six spheres shook and glowed brightly, then six new born fillies slept peacefully in his arms. He held the future of the new Equestria and now it was up to him to make sure they made it. Xylon wasn't sure what to do since he never had children before, he almost did once but...

“So what do I do now?” he looked at the infants as if he was asking them. Then the purple one stirred from her sleep, Twilight. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at the figure in dim light. He looked back at her and felt something he hadn't felt in what seemed like a life time ago. He carefully walked to his room with them and over to his bed. Gently he placed them on the bed and covered them, Twilight had fallen back to sleep. He stepped back and watched them silently. In the week to come Celestia would send him a large crib for them and food along with anything else he would need to care for these six fillies. The days to come would be filled with less sleep and tears but it was only natural. At time he would believe he couldn't do it but he would get up and prove him self wrong.

Maybe, he thought, this is what I needed. But for now he still watched them sleep. At the end to the left was Fluttershy with most of her hair covering her face. Pinkie Pie was next with what looked like a smile and her mane large and curly. Rainbow Dash, her multi-colored mane every where, had an arm on Rarity's silky purple mane. Applejack blond mane wrapped under her chin and she used it like a pillow. Twilight at the end had her dark blue mane with purple stripes over her eyes. Xylon did something he hadn't for a while, since he had no reason to he told him self, he smiled. It would be a long and hard trial for him and them but maybe it was this... this is what he needed to save him. He left the door opened and went to the living room, he would try to get some more rest before they woke up. Xylon laid on the couch with his feet over the arm and folded his arms across his chest. He was about to fall asleep when he heard a noise from his room so he went there quickly. He hopped he could get there before any of the woke up. When he entered he saw Twilight squirming around so he went to pick her up. He cradled her in his arms and looked down at her, she quickly fell back asleep. He looked her over, so small and delicate, she still had her cutie mark. After a while he put her back in the bed and went to the couch. When he woke up it would be the start of his new life.