• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 657 Views, 16 Comments

A Safe Haven - Sir-Dashington



When Joel is rescued from his horrifying night terrors by the power of one that he will go on to love and cherish, will his peace last for long? Nobody can be sure in this story of dreams and horrors.

  • ...
3
 16
 657

Chapter 2

I didn't see her again for awhile, which was disappointing at first. Yet I believe it just made it feel more rewarding when I did see her again. This was a particularly amazing dream. When I woke up I instantly grabbed my dream journal and started jotting down the details of what I had just seen. The entry I wrote took up a total of about five pages, which is pretty weird because usually my lucid dreams take up two at most. I wrote down every detail, although some of what she said didn't exactly make sense to me.

Well, when you have Astrophobia and you're hurtling through space at mock five speeds towards a red molten planet by yourself I guess you would classify that as a nightmare right? Yeah, well that's how it started. I was getting way to close to this planet that I was flying towards but I couldn't move or change directions. The next thing I remember after this is being in a small, confined and dark room. I was facing the wall, but for what-ever reason I thought it was a good idea to turn around. I was wrong. It wasn't a good idea.

Standing before me are several tall, dark, and shadowy figures that look like they had just come straight from a fucked up anime. I didn't say anything, but every time I would think of anything too complex, they would turn their heads to me as if they were reading my mind. This was pretty horrifying to say the least, although the idea that any being could penetrate your mind and violate your thoughts is almost as interesting as it is terrifying.

Right as I thought I would just be sitting here in fear until I woke up, there she was. She busted through one of the walls like it was nothing. Pieces of the wall flew into the room but fell to the ground almost in slow motion, I'd never seen anything like it. Needless to say it put the Hulk to shame. Although she had just busted through a wall, she did it so gracefully that I was astounded.

Slowly, she trotted over to me; while at the same time she eliminated any shadows in her way. She would simply 'blow them away' just as the nightmare she got rid of when I first encountered her. Not only did she blow them away, she she would dodge and even.. teleport? Yeah, that's basically what it was. She would almost flicker, and then appear behind one of the shadows, quickly dispersing it. In a span of about three seconds, they were all gone. She showed no fear, she was more brave than anyone I'd ever met.

She then clicked her hooves, and we were no longer in that room, but in the space station again. We spoke here until I woke up.

(Orange text is her.)

(Her first word is unintelligible, something like hounding but she says it strangely.)

What?

Come on Pickle, Wake up.

She yawns.

I laugh, and try to poke her. I'm still dreaming at this point.

Wake up, I don't think you realize it yet. (She gently slaps my hand away with her hoof.)

I'm dreaming?

You're dreaming, stay with it. (She says something else I can't remember.)

[At this point I realize and become lucid.]
I'm lucid aren't I?

It appears so, but you have always been talented at this.

I can't even describe the feeling that ensued. I was standing in front of a small, orange pony that saves me from my own minds dark corners. I hugged her so tightly that under her breath she let out a muffled 'Ow.' followed by a small laugh. Her laugh is funny, but I'll talk about that later. I also remember a specific music playing in the background. My dreams are always really cheesy and romantic so this doesn't really surprise me. It was the most gorgeous moment that I've ever witnessed first-hand. It lasted about twenty seconds or so, until I put her down because she was getting heavy in my arms.

I'm glad to see you again.

I have some questions but I forgot most of them.

We have lots of time to play. Your lucidity is around sixty percent. Rub your hands together. It'll help keep you here.

How do you know that? I don't believe this. This can't be real.

Keep calm, you know what happens.

[I wrote questions down in my dream journal to ask her, but I forgot them so I started asking anything I could thing of.]

What powers do you have?

Anything I need to help you. I can get rid of nightmares, forcefully if it need be. I can tell you your time limit in a lucid dream.

How long right now?

160 seconds.

Can you make me aware and bring me into a lucid dream like you have now?

Yes, of course. I'm new to this but I'll do my best.

Do you have a name?

What is a name?

[A bit confused, I just ask again]

What is your name?

[She yawns again] It's Haven isn't it?

Do you like Safe Haven?

I think you want to know what I am.

Wait, do you like the name Haven?

[She just smiled]

Yeah, my next question was, what exactly are you? Dream people are just my own mind correct?

I think I'm a nightmare.

[At first I got scared, because she was just staring at me and I was expecting it to involuntarily turn into a nightmare.]

I was a nightmare but I wanted to help you. I'm a manifestation of multiple nightmares. I'll do my best to keep you safe, little pickle.

[She sleepily laughed and gave me a waist hug]

If you need me just yell, if you remember to.

Yell what?

I don't know. Just make it fancy and i'll make a fancy entrance. I'll hear you. Don't go into another dream.

I'll go and write this down. I love you Haven. You're beautiful too.

We'll get to that.

Comments ( 15 )

That was fast. You're the guy who asked to write a story from his latest thread? It's such an interesting premise. Reading commencing.

EDIT: Read what you have so far. I like it. However, I want to like it more. I have a couple small criticisms. First of all, the scene changes are extremely abrupt and leave the reader with little detail on what the setting is. For example,

"Then the scene changed, It was just her and I sitting in a space station. Another weird thing is that there was under us, although we clearly were not anywhere earthly."

I believe you meant to say there was nothing or empty space under them. You're telling the reader where the author is, instead of showing them. You could have written something like,

"Suddenly, she and I sat in a sterile white room. Looking through the thick windows on all sides I could see... space. Vast, empty, full of stars. Looking down I saw that we were spinning high above the earth, hurtling through the abyss."

Something like that. I am not and am not claiming to be an accomplished writer, but I believe this fic could be very good with some edits. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

TL;DR upvoted

Comment posted by Sir-Dashington deleted Jul 22nd, 2013

2913532
definitely taking what you said into further consideration when I make edits later.
Also, PMing you.

Great story there. When you first mentioned an orange pony, the first pony that came to my mind was Scootaloo. You obviously remember your dreams very well. Very rarely do I remember my dreams. Keep on dreamin' and you will be able to come up with more great fan fics.

2914332

Allow me, anon. Archive of every Haven thread.

http://imgur.com/a/75vqf

2914423 Nej. This person is simply copy pasting with a few edits. This is not OPHavenDesigner, simply a fan. :ajbemused:

2914758
I got permission from OP to make a story version.
I'll be adding things that haven't actually happened to OP shortly, though.

2914778 Alright. I wasn't trying to insult you, just trying to provide some info. I was there for the threads anyways. :pinkiesmile:

2916337
not sure if serious or not.

Wow, now I feel silly for posting on the first chapter when the party seems to be over here. Anyway, I'm liking this adaption, looking forward to more.

2919945
i was going to, but i couldn't find the original drawings.

cover img was on derpibooru.org but it been shut down l think...anyone know if this artist uses another site?
I think the artist is "friendly drawfriend"

2921447
it's on the Haven thread of /mlp/

Pretty much just piggy-backed off of the original story. I feel as though we have enough information on the character to make a unique story instead of just rewriting OP's story but more refined.

Login or register to comment