• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,431 Views, 11 Comments

The Separated Souls - EvilNaab



Celestia chose to save Nightmare Moon, but why, what is she hoping for to archive and what will happen when Luna realize it.

  • ...
1
 11
 1,431

Chapter 3

Almost an hour passed when the sun reached a place on the sky where it's rays got through the canopy and hit her body. She could feel the sun's warmth almost instantly, but something distracted her from enjoying it. She could feel that somepony's look on her back. She turned around and saw a small figure in the dark, it was a pony she was sure of it also a unicorn, but she couldn't tell anything else about the pony. The pony was kneeling on the ground and she had something in front of her on the ground which she was looking at until she recognized that Luna is looking at her.

They were staring at each other for a while, but neither one of them said anything when finally Luna had enough of it and teleported the pony closer to herself. After she appeared in the light Luna's conjecture was right about the pony's identity.

"Twilight Sparkle."

After the surprising action what Luna did, Twilight didn't know what to say or do for a few seconds then she bowed.

"Princess."

Luna turned away with a grimace on her face.

"Let me guess, my sister wrote you a letter which probably contained these words, she could use a friend or somepony to talk to, well I don't."

"Yes I had that feeling, that's why I kept my distance, even if I promised Celestia I'll come, you looked like troubled and emerged in your thoughts so I didn't want to bother you, I'm sorry."

Twilight turned around to head back to the same spot which she occupied. Luna turned her head around a little so she can look at the pony who was moving away with one of her eyes. Even Luna didn't know why, because she had that impression about the unicorn that she must be annoying, sending those letters to her sister, but there was something calming in her presence. Deep down she became calmer when she learned it was Twilight who was here, but for her luck she didn't need to say anything about it since before she would form her thoughts into words Twilight stopped and laid down on the same spot where she was before.

She kept looking at the unicorn for almost a minute who levitated once again in front of herself something. After Luna turned back to the statue, she started to think about that maybe, it would be good to talk with somepony about this. It took Luna for a while to finally find the courage inside her to address the unicorn once again, after being kind of rude to her, since it's not her fault, Celestia sent her here.

"What are you reading?"

Twilight raised her head, but she didn't answer. She took a look at the book once again.

"I don't know princess, I mean, the book itself look old, really old, it's about the night sky and it's creations, but it doesn't have a title or an author's name on it.

She stood up and went next to Princess Luna then levitated it in front of her so she can take a look at it.

"Celestia sent it to me along the with the letter."

In that very moment when the book became visible for Luna she immediately recognized it. Twilight could see the surprised yet paled look on her face. She placed her hoof on the closed book's cover and closed her eyes.

"Princess, Is there something wrong?"

A smile appeared on Luna face then looked at Twilight.

"So, how did you like it so far?"

She levitated the book back in front of Twilight who took it with her magic.

"I loved it, it's the best book about the night sky I ever read in my whole life, it's like the author of the book would knew personally the one who created it and he was there the whole time. The most incredible thing is the history of the constellations, how they were formed and their legend why the became part of the sky. Even thought it's probably not real, It's.amazing.

Luna looked at the sun and a smile appeared on her face.

"You are wrong, It is real, almost every single word resembling the truth, there were only a few stars which remained nameless after we were done, but we felt ourselves bad for them, so we named them and gave them a story, the book itself is enchanted, you probably didn't notice it yet, but it contains almost three thousand pages."

Twilight opened the book so she can take another good look at it, it didn't look thicker than a book what has three hundred pages, but when she turned to the page where she left it, about two hundred pages, it was like she only started reading it.

"Princess did you write this?"

She shook her head.

"No at least not by myself, Nightmare and me wrote that book together, we felt like it would be good to share the history of the stars with everypony else, so we spent almost a year writing it, but I thought it was destroyed by us when we."

She lowered her head and stopped. A few minutes passed when she was able to speak again.

"But looks like Celestia saved it somehow."

"I don't understand Princess, how could the two of you write it together? I mean Nightmare Moon was you."

"You are right, but there was an other conscious inside that body other than mine, she was born from my anger, jealousy and most importantly my loneliness almost a hundred years ago before that happened. "

Luna turned to the statue so she can look into the eyes of the stone figure.

"I can clearly remember the night when Celestia banished us, Nightmare was confused about something, I don't know what was the reason, she never told me. Without asking me she returned to my body and took the control over it, but for some reason I didn't stop her, I didn't even try to do it. She was filled with such an anger that it corrupted me as well, then Celestia banished us. I could see Equestria from above then my eyes became heavy and slowly closed. Telling the truth I don't even remember anything from our banishment."

"Why am I even here, I should be back in the castle with her and Celestia."

Twilight released the book with her magic what dropped on the ground, Luna turned her head towards the unicorn who had a scared look on her face while she was backing away from the princess.

"Do you mean, is she, alive?"

"Yes."

Twilight turned around and ran as fast as she could toward Ponyville.

"I'll go gather the elements of harmony and."

Luna teleported herself in front of the fleeing unicorn who could barely stop before hitting the princess.

"It was Celestia who saved her life after the elements harmony hit us and we got separated once again, she even hid this from me, found out earlier today and I kind of ran away."

"But what if she will try to do something again? We should be prepared."

Luna placed a hoof on Twilight's shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"It won't be necessary, she is not a monster or anything, if you would get to know her you would probably like her, just like Celestia did after she found out her existence, of course it took some time, but now she even gave her a new name, Neona."

She removed her hoof when she saw that the purple unicorn finally calmed down and hopefully won't run away. Twilight looked at the ground thinking of the name what left Luna's mouth. She saw it somewhere before, when she finally remembered turned around to locate the book and teleported it in front of herself open, after a couple of minutes searching between lines she found it.

"New Moon."

"Yes, looks like Celestia didn't give only me a second chance. Would you like to meet her?"

No matter how hard she tried to hide it, the fear still emerged on Twilight's face. Before she could say anything Luna lowered her head to Twilight's ear.

"Celestia will be there to protect both of us if we need it."

Twilight pulled back so she can look into Luna's eyes.

"Are you?"

She winked at the unicorn.

"Yes, a little bit, are we ready to go?"

Luna stood up and reached out one of her front hoof toward the unicorn who was hesitating for a few seconds then placed on it her own.

They appeared in front of the room's door what Celestia and Neona occupied, a couple of seconds later the door opened by Celestia's magic.

Comments ( 4 )

I will admit, I actually forgot about this story. Glad I checked that it had an update.
So Twilight is now getting involved into all of this. Lets see where this will lead us.

2984815

Not your fault.. I made too much promise when I'll update it, then nothing..:(, so you were right to forget about it.

I like this.

most likely it’s unlikely that anyone will see this message, but I would like to see continued

Login or register to comment