• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,162

Chapter 1- What Happened Before The Blackout (edited)

"Yo, Tenmei! You think we won't have to deal with those things again?" Rekka asked. Rekka was a young boy in his teens with flaming red hair and scarlet eyes to match. He always wore a blue baseball cap with a grey underside. He was the type of teenager who was into sports and action figures, and could be a bit rowdy at times. He was also well-meaning, but his emotions often got the better of him.

"I don't know, Rekka. I felt pretty bad for YONEKO, though." Tenmei replied. He had brown hair and matching eyes, which were covered by a pair glasses. The battle with YONEKO was pretty hard on him. He enjoyed playing video games, reading books, and studying. Tanmei was the brains of the group, often making accurate judgments on a situation; sometimes, however, he was emotional as well.

--
You see, YONEKO was a cyborg attached to a computer not only to monitor her, but all object/human hybrid things whose names contained the letter "Q." In short, a car/human hybrid, for instance, with the letter in its name was under the control of that computer. All the object/human hybrids had names which contained that letter, but still had their free will to a certain extent.

When the computer was destroyed, all Q-hybrids ceased to exist as mere slaves of this computer. YONEKO, the cyborg, was unfortunately destroyed as well, and the STF (initials of the Special Task Force) made a gravestone just for her.

Since the entire fiasco, all Q-hybrids became close competitors if not direct friends of human beings, since they shared so much in common. Of course, there were some baddies who needed to be dealt with appropriately. Some were made of freaking buildings for crying out loud, and that was where the STF came in!
--

"I felt that way too, Tenmei. At least she's in a better place now." Yuuki solemnly stated. Yuuki had purple hair and eyes, and had an orange jacket. She was the neutral-tomboy type, enjoying plants and daydreaming as evidenced by a poster she had in her room. She was happy-go-lucky and rarely showed sadness, but showed shock and failed reasoning much more often.

"At least the Frontier Quartet won't bother anyone again," Nagare stated. He had emerald green hair which concealed his right eye, but no bangs on his left. He had matching green eyes and a green hoodie. He was a rather quiet type, more often than not keeping to himself. When he did speak, he sure made it count!

"Speaking of the Quartet, why did we fight only three of them?" Koto, the blue haired girl asked. She was a girly type, as evidenced by two stuffed toys, a bear and a dog, in her room. She also had a mirror presumably used for things like storing hairbrushes and whatnot. Her emotions were usually more vivid than the others, and because of this she often spoke through those emotions.

"You sure got that right!" Rekka replied. The Quartet had three adult members and a child member. The child member was no older than a toddler, and thus could not fight. If anything, the child member needed a daycare of sorts while the adults did the masterminding behind the incidents.

Suddenly, the alarm went off. This alarm detected incidents at places reported to have Q-hybrids. The teens ran to the room where Mimi and the two professors watched the globe map holograph thing.

"Rekka! There are some Q-hybrids at the library! They are vandalizing the place!" Mimi said.

With no time to waste, they ran out the door and into the second floor. There, they attached these keypad things to their wrists. These keypad things were what enabled them to deal with such incidents.

They each carried a very specific weapon, and when at full power, these weapons would grow to the size of a house and crush all Q-hybrids standing before the wielder. There was some collateral damage buildings, of course, but as far as the true humans were concerned, it did not hurt them unless they were hit by falling debris.

Rekka wielded a gun that could fire lasers with the force of a blazing volcano when at full power. Nagare had a sword that could cut the wind itself. Koto had a blue-and-purple boomerang that could traverse a waterfall before returning to her as well as at normal size. Tenmei had a crossbow that could make the earth shake when at full power. Yuuki had a grey-and-purple ball that would electrocute Q-hybrids like they were lightning rods, and if they could not be electrocuted, they'd be flattened. She used it like a soccer ball for some reason.

When they arrived at the library, it was not just any Q-hybrid that vandalized the place; oh, no! The library and the courthouse directly next to it had become Q-hybrids and were having an all-out Godzilla-style battle royale!

"Two of them?! TWO OF THEM?!" Rekka shrieked, his eyes having dilated to mere black dots, his jaw dropping almost to the floor.
The library and courthouse turned to the group of puny, seemingly wimpy teens standing before them. Then, right then and there, they merged to become a castle-based Q-hybrid. With one motion of all four fists, the STF was sent flying half the length of the city before colliding with an apartment complex and then, everything fell to darkness.