• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,162

Chapter 13- A New Ally (edited)

The night came 'round again. The moon was full, shining it's pale light upon Equestria. Nothing stirred in the night, save for one pony. Windows were concealed with shutters, blinds, or a combination thereof; and doors were tightly locked with the greatest care. Even the shadows in the darkened alleyways remained absolutely still.

The pony who was walking down the streets could hear nothing but her own breathing and steady hoofsteps.

Trot, trot.

The moonlight had shined upon this pony, revealing it to be a light blue with an oceanic mane, albeit with softer shades.

Trot, trot, trot.

The pony seemed to be walking with a rather slow rhythm.

Trot, trot, trot, trot.

The sky was clear of clouds. The moon seemed to be a brilliant gold. Something seemed to lead the mare onwards.

Trot, trot.

If anyone else saw the mare, then judging by her expression, something was bothering her greatly.

Trot, trot.

The mare stopped dead in her tracks. She perked her ears to listen.

What was that? Was something... running towards her?

She turned around.

No. It was not running. It was flying towards her.

A boomerang materialized out of thin air. The mare clutched it with her foreleg.

That thing was approaching her at a dangerously fast speed. No time to dilly-dally, then.

The mare looked at her right foreleg. Vines held her in place.

The thing was getting closer.

She tried jerking her legs. No response. Vines took hold of her left foreleg, forcing the boomerang out of her grip.

It was getting closer still.

She could see it now: a man fused with a Mach 1 jet.

She kept struggling. The vines covered her everywhere except her head.

The jet-person collided with her head-first, forcing the vines to break. The boomerang disappeared.

"Y-You saved me?" The frightened mare asked.

"Yes. I am taking you back to the Boutique," replied the jet-man. He turned to the direction of the Boutique and flew onwards.

A shadow emerged from a nearby alleyway. It was a white unicorn mare with a wavy blue mane.

"Damn it all. I was so close too!" Saki snarled, her horn having ceased its glow.

----

"It's foolish to go out at this time!" Mikarya scolded, standing in front of the door.

"But, Koto's out there! I want to know what happened!" Rekka shrieked, struggling as vending lady held him by the forelegs.

"Yeah! He's right! What if something really bad happened to her?!" Twilight chimed, raising her hoof to object.

"Wait! Koto.... you mean to tell me she snuck out?!" Mikarya said, aghast in utter surprise.

"That's why I want to see if she's okay!" Rekka snarled, still struggling to break free.

Everyone stopped as they heard what sounded like a jet approaching.

"I hope it's not another Q-hybrid," Nagare said, raising a brow.

"I'll see what it is," Rarity said, waiting for Mikarya to move before walking out the door.

"Special Delivery!" Said the jet-man. Rarity gaped because he was carrying Koto.

"Thank you! You may enter," Rarity said, sighing in relief.

The jet-man entered, carrying Koto in his arms.

"Uh, these vines attacked her, and.... I freed her from them," he said solemnly. Vending lady let go of Rekka, who fell on his rump.

"VINES?!" Everyone else shouted in unison.

The jet-man nodded. He put Koto down, who ran upstairs crying.

----

"Sire, I've failed to catch one of the brats," Saki said, traces of anger lingering in her voice.

"Which one?" Baki asked, raising a brow.

"The boomerang-wielder. I already had her entangled in vines and a hybrid snatched her up from nowhere," Saki replied, the corners of her mouth twitching in a frown.

"A WHAT?" Baki shrieked. He hadn't expected to be hearing that.

"Yes, sire. I planned on bringing her here so we could coax the other brats into rescuing her," Saki said, nodding.

"How would we coax them if the capture was successful?" Baki asked once more, putting a hoof to his chin.

"She's been more cautious than the brat who wields the ball. I assume that something is going on with her," Saki answered, sitting on her haunches.

"Such as?" Baki said, raising an eyebrow.

"I've noticed she's been..." Saki trailed off with a sigh, "...ill lately. She has been throwing up more often than the other brats. I am not sure if it's the sake or something else. That's all I have to report, sire."

"How much more often?" Baki replied, eyes widening.

"Considerably so. I'd say thrice a week minimum compared to the twice-a-month-at-most of the other brats." Saki answered, crossing her forelegs together.

"So, you're saying if this keeps up, when she cannot go outside to fight, that's when we snatch her up?" Baki stated, his eyebrow still raised.

"Precisely. We leave nothing indicating we were there," Saki answered once more as a sick grin crept on her muzzle.

"Excellent," Baki snarled, smiling deviously.