• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,163 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,163

Chapter 3- Where'd You Come From? (edited)

"So these ponies suddenly collided into the ground from nowhere?" Rainbow Dash asked, hovering alongside her friends.

"Yes. Twilight went to visit them," Rarity replied, pushing a rock away with her hoof.

"Ah saw they were in bad shape. One has a broken foreleg or so Ah'm told," Applejack stated, ears twitching as she spoke. "They landed in mah farm from outta nowhere!"

"When they're all better I'll throw them a super-duper fun party!" Pinkie said, hopping around her companions like there was no such thing as a tomorrow.

"I do hope they're alive," Fluttershy whispered, keeping her head low. The other mares nodded.

"Hey, Ah see Twilight running for us! And there's a stallion following her!" Applejack shouted.

Twilight, exhausted, stopped before her friends. The stallion also came to a grinding halt. He had this rectangle thing with an orb and a bunch of square things on it attached to his left foreleg. It was the same one Applejack first saw.

"He and one of the others are awake!" Twilight screamed with glee.

Pinkie started hopping around him in circles. "So, he's one of them?" She asked, stopping briefly to point at the tan stallion.

"Yeah. I want to take him to the library so I can ask him a lot of questions." Twilight replied, smiling still. With that, her horn flared up and in a blinding flash and both she and the stallion were gone.

----

"So, THIS is the library?" Tenmei asked, taking note of his new surroundings. It was nowhere near as huge as the library that fought the courthouse, but it was still pretty big.

"Yes, this is the library. I live here," The unicorn answered, sitting down at a table.. "My name is Twilight Sparkle."

"I'm Tenmei." The stallion replied, smiling..

"Spike! Get some tea for our guest!" Twilight called. Tenmei saw.... a purple and green lizard-looking thing walking on its hind legs.

"Is that a lizard?" He asked, pointing to said lizard.

"No, he's a baby dragon. Well, not really a baby, but you get the idea. He does look like a lizard though," Twilight remarked, laughing a bit at Tenmei's comment.

Spike went to the kitchen to prepare the drink. Tenmei found a table made for more than one pony, and he sat down on a chair. It was comfy, to say the least. Twilight sat on the opposite side of the table, like those people in monkey suits Tenmei kept seeing before he joined the STF. Spike brought the drinks to Twilight and her guest before running off.

"So, Tenmei. What happened before you arrived here?" Twilight asked, her grin fading suddenly.

"Well, it went like this, and boy it's a long story!" Tenmei replied, ears falling flat on his head.

----

Nurse Redheart had quite the handful to deal with! A light green stallion with an emerald mane and matching eyes woke up, and he was walking all around here and there without any help at all! He suffered light bruises, but nothing to worry about aside from his apparent concussion. The mare with the broken foreleg, whose name was Koto, had walked alongside this stallion mainly to explore and for him to help when she fell.

"Two more left to awaken. I wonder how they'll react," Redheart murmured to herself as she eyed the ponies.

"Nagare, I am not sure what is happening." Koto said, sitting on her rump and pointing her good hoof every whichway she could.

"I am not sure either," Nagare replied in agreement. "But I do know I have a headache!" He added, stomping a hoof in anger.

Redheart stood observing the remaining two ponies who were still out cold. Nagare had attached one of the devices on his left foreleg and attached another to Koto's right foreleg. He seemed to be the eldest.

----

"Oh my..... I feel sorry for you." Twilight said as Tenmei wrapped his tale up.

"It's okay, things happen. We never would have guessed they'd merge," Tenmei replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Wow," Spike said, awed by Tenmei's rather wild story.

"So, explain what all those terms are, please." Tenmei asked. "I keep hearing about cutie marks and Equestria....believe me, I'm confused."

"Sure thing," Twilight replied, sighing as she lifted a book from the shelf.