• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,163 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,163

Chapter 19- With Discord Comes Chaos (edited)

"Celestia, we have some outsiders running about in Equestria." Discord said as he appeared out of thin air.

"And let me guess: You didn't do it." Celestia replied, unfurling her wings.

"Yes and no, actually. I have brought precisely thirteen newbies to Equestria. Ten of them good, three of evil." Discord corrected, grinning.

"Thirteen?" Celestia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. The three baddies I have brought here are unicorns; the others, save for one, are earth ponies. But they know how to combat the evil unicorns." Discord said, his tail swishing back and forth.

"How so?" Celestia asked, tilting her head.

"It is quite the process to explain, my dear. But I will do the best I can to ensure you know what is going on." Discord answered before clearing his throat.

----

"Good gracious, Discord! I never thought it was possible." Celestia almost shrieked as she recoiled.

"Neither have I. I could've thought up such things, indeed, but it takes quite a while. A thousand years or so, perhaps? The world they came from is somewhat chaotic. I say somewhat because the organization in which nine of the good little earth ponies happen to be a form of restoring order. Not tyrants or rulers, mind you, but more like a specialized law enforcement." Discord said, a smirk on his face. "The name of this organization is called the Special Task Force, or STF for short. I used specialized because these beings that they call "Q-hybrids" are both helpful and destructive, depending on what they're made of and of whom you ask about the issue."

"Q-hybrids?" Celestia said, raising an eyebrow.

"You know of those cameras, vinyl records, and in some cases, houses we have?" Discord asked, putting his talon and paw together.

"Yes, what does this have to do with the Q-hybrids?"

"You see, darling, a Q-hybrid is an animate object fused with an inanimate one. Put a pony and a house together and you have yourself a hybrid! And I do mean literally speaking, here. Any fusion of any object with a person or pony is most successful when done in precisely the correct manner." Discord said with a darkened tone of voice.

"So, how does the Special Task Force deal with the hybrids?"

"They have these devices that carry a specific weapon. I say specific because it varies from one individual to the next. These devices can undoubtedly damage buildings, but not innocents. It sends the hybrid back to whence they came from: nothingness, unless said hybrid joins your cause as a servant of sorts." Discord continued, wings flapping a bit.

"So, if I had once of the alleged devices you speak of, I might be able to literally wield the moon." Celestia said, seeming to glare at the draconequus.

"Correct." Discord said, nodding.

"Discord, how long have the newcomers been here?" Celestia asked, raising a brow.

"Around a little over a year. Two of them already had a foal together." Discord answered, a cheerful look in his face.

"And they know nothing of you?" Celestia continued, tilting her head.

"Yes, but they deliberately hide from you-- all thirteen of them. They all know that one little mistake leads to your wrath, or a simple jail cell." Discord replied, shrugging.

"Do the bearers of the Elements know of them?" Celestia said.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, they too wield the devices I mentioned." Discord answered, making motions with his hands like he held a puppet's strings. "In fact, they're playing along with this."

"I will send a letter to Twilight Sparkle. I wish to see the newcomers she befriended, and that includes the new foal." Celestia said, using telekinesis to write on a scroll. "I would kindly ask of you to tell them the truth as to how they got here, but I know that you would not do so until you fought them yourself." The letter went poof.

----

"Twilight! I got a letter from the Princess!" Spike said, running to the purple unicorn holding a scroll.

"What's it about?" Mikarya asked, sitting on the couch.

"Let me read it first." Twilight said, levitating the scroll in front of her.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

Discord has informed me that he was the one who brought the members of the Special Task Force to Equestria, as well as a few others. I received quite the explanation about Q-hybrids and the devices you and the other Elements wield. I understand that you want to defeat the Frontier Quartet so they cannot resume their attempts at ruling the world. I understand your need to hide your new friends, and as such I cannot force you to do anything you deem outrageous. You must bring all of your friends who have been caught in the crossfire to Canterlot. There I will give you a much more refined and in-depth explanation. Before I close this letter, please show this to your friends and write me back for a specified date at which to prepare the trip.

Your Mentor,

Princess Celestia

"So, we've been caught. However, this seems...promising." 01 said.

"Who's this Discord guy?" Tenmei asked, ears perked and eyes wide.

"He is simply the embodiment of Chaos. He's also what brought you guys here." Twilight grimly said. "Don't worry, he's not evil, he's just mischievous at best."

"Sound like we're planning quite the road trip!" Yuuki shouted happily, raising a hoof upwards.