• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,163 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,163

Chapter 4- Earth, Wind and Water (edited)

"So, I am in a place called Equestria, these markings I have are cutie marks, there are four classes of ponies as it were, and aside from us, nothing out of the ordinary has happened?" Tenmei asked, shifting his hooves a bit.

Twilight nodded. "So, what's your cutie mark?"

He examined his mark in the mirror. It looked like a loaded crossbow. "It's a crossbow. Much like the one I told you about."

Someone knocked on the door. Spike answered the door and saw a green stallion and a blue mare with a broken foreleg. Like Tenmei, they too were earth ponies.

"So, I heard Tenmei was here," The stallion said, eying the library's interior.

"Nagare! You're okay!" Tenmei cried, running up to him and giving him a hug. The green stallion hugged back with a smile. Koto also giggled heartily.

"Spike, get tea for those two as well." Twilight said, smiling. Spike ran right back to the kitchen like his feet had frostbite.

Nagare helped Koto to a chair. Walking on three legs was a pain if you asked her.

"So, you two fought these things called Q-hybrids. Tenmei told me everything," Twilight said with a smile. Nagare nodded as if unaware of what he heard.

Koto poked her broken foreleg. Hooves were strange. Hell, this whole world was strange since day one. Nagare had a green sword with purple and gold markings on his flank. Koto had a blue-and-purple boomerang as her mark.

"So, Tenmei is earth, Nagare is wind, Koto is water, Rekka is fire if he ever wakes up, and Yuuki is thunder?" Twilight asked, raising a brow.

"Lightning," Koto corrected, putting her good hoof down on the table.

Nagare was too busy eying Spike. Dragon? Puh-lease, he looked like an overgrown lizard! Still, something about Spike mystified the stallion. But what? What was it about the alleged dragon that kept avoiding him?

Koto just drank her tea and looked relatively laid back for once. Something about the tea...put her in a sort of calm. Pleasant, happy, lax. She felt good, as if her foreleg was never, ever broken to begin with. As if all her worries washed away. As if evil never existed. As if life truly was rainbows and unicorns, as hilarious as this metaphor sounded in Equestria. Oh, the irony. Rainbows and unicorns. Equestria. Not too far from the truth of this world. Not at all. She giggled a bit at the thought, and who wouldn't?

Tenmei managed to get the crossbow to materialize and fumbled around with it. If his crossbow could work even here, he just needed to adjust to the fact he now had hooves to work with. Curse his rotten luck for not being a unicorn. Would've been so much easier. Especially the case for Koto, who was at a bad disadvantage should a battle arise. She needed the protection. She was vulnerable, and it looked like her broken leg mocked her on purpose.

"Want a tour of Ponyville so you guys won't get lost?" Twilight offered.

"Sure, why not?" Nagare said, turning his head to the door.

"Ditto!" Koto called, smiling a bit.

"Me three!" Tenmei said, raising a hoof skyward. He sure had a big smile on his face!

"Spike, keep Koto from falling. She sure needs the help," Twilight said, frowning in worry.

----

Rainbow Dash had once again crashed into the Carousel Boutique for the fifteenth time today. But this time, she carried a light purple mare with a darker mane on her back. Her eyes matched said mane, and she had a grey ring and a purple orb for her cutie mark. Rarity saw the new guest in addition to Rainbow and greeted her. Like the others, she too owned a rectangular device with circles and squares on it.

"Hello darling, what's your name?" Rarity asked, raising a brow.

"Yuuki," The guest replied, a small grin on her muzzle.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Yuuki,” the fashionista said, holding out a hoof, “My name is Rarity.”

----

Night fell on Ponyville. Koto, Nagare, and Tenmei had their own beds. They spent the night at Twilight's literal tree house. Why did those flower sandwiches taste so good gosh-darnit? They guessed it was because they were ponies now. At least now their stomachs would not berate them with threats consisting of "I'm going to vomit and there's nothing you can do about it!"
Nagare and Tenmei were well off into la-la land. Koto, however, had a rough time just trying to sleep. It was not because of her broken foreleg, it was because she was worried. She was worried that Rekka and Yuuki were permanently comatose, or worse, dead. Tears began welling up in her eyes. Just that thought.... no, get your mind off that! If only she had some of that tea handy.