• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 1,162 Views, 10 Comments

Band of Five Attributes - Dragonborne Fox



Five teenagers in the STF (Special Task Force) undertake a mission that leads them elsewhere, somehow. Soon, some others follow them in...

  • ...
3
 10
 1,162

Chapter 6- Of Hybrids and Mechanics (edited)

YONEKO woke up. Not in a place with clouds and light. She woke up in a forest. A forest of darkness. She stood up. A small group of Q-hybrids, no more than five, stood before her. One was holding a mirror. The cyborg was now equine, a gray blue was now her pelt. Her mechanical arm still had all of its cyborg features, just now more equine-like as well. She still had claws. Her blond mane was wild and untamed. Green and red wires connected some parts of her body to her cyborg arm. There was a mechanical horn protruding from her forehead.

She knew that the five teens who saved her needed help. She knew that, whatever world she found herself in, needed help too. She stared at each hybrid.

The first was the most normal. A TV was put on her shoulders with her cute little face literally behind the screen.

The second had arms, legs, and face of a person, but his body was a golden battery.

The third looked like the battery hybrid, except his body was a pinkish water bottle. He wore a bathing hat.

The fourth was molded sloppily from clay, and thus barely qualified as a hybrid.

The last was like the battery and bottle hybrids, but much more lady-like. Her body? A vending machine! Her face was in the middle of the machine itself!

These hybrids helped the teens she came to call heroes. These hybrids were then heroes themselves, sidekicks as it were. These hybrids were once evil, but once defeated they saw the errors of their ways. They changed as greatly as the teens themselves. They grew stronger. Tougher. Wiser. She felt like crying tears of pure joy. She was no longer under the control of the Quartet. She was now her own being.

"We must head to the Carousel Boutique. Our allies rest there," the vending lady said, crossing her arms.

"My name is no longer YONEKO. It is now Misaki,"The cyborg replied with a nod.

----

It was the crack of dawn, and roosters began their morning caws.

It was dark in the room that everyone, or rather, everypony, slept in. The STF all shared the same bed. Rekka held the pillow over his head to shush the noises violating his ears. He had a massive headache and was not really a morning person. The fact his injured leg still throbbed with pain made it all that worse. If only they had earplugs.

Koto lay next to Rekka, chewing on her pillow in her sleep. She kept murmuring about cotton candy.

Tenmei lay on Rekka's other side, the blanket covering him entirely.

Yuuki lay next to Koto. She clutched her pillow tightly.

Nagare would've been next to Tenmei if he did not roll off the bed snoring away. Rekka was surprised he was still asleep.

There was another bed in the room. It contained Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Rarity. They were sound asleep. Spike had a pet's bed. Why did it make him look cute?

Rekka had lots of questions. How'd he get here? How was he now a pony? And how can he fight whilst missing half a leg? His laser gun needed both arms to be held. Every time he tried to hold the thing he fell over, as if his wooden stick now attached to the shortened appendage just could not take it and told him that in the rudest manner possible. And if the Q-hybrids were here, then..... the Quartet must be here too.

He shook his head. That was in no way possible. They were locked in the highest security prison for life. How would they get out? Or better yet, how could they get out? It did not make sense! Why was his mind jumping the gun and into pointless garble?! He felt like crying, but that would just wake everyone up. He felt a hoof on his back. It didn't belong to Tenmei, because he was still under the covers. Rekka looked at Koto, and she looked at him right back. She was wide awake.

"I had a dream.....about YONEKO." Koto whispered, her eyes filled with worry.

----

Misaki and the small band of hybrids headed to the Boutique as if it was casual to do so every day. Many ponies gawked at the group. Hell, one stallion actually offered to polish Misaki's foreleg and horn! He was politely turned down. The most obvious thing about Misaki was that she had no cutie mark. Ponies took pictures of the group. "Despite having straw roofs on their houses, these ponies are somewhat modern..." Misaki thought, ears twitching as she kept trotting along.

The batteryman, TV-chibi-girl, and water-bottle-boy all sat on Misaki's back. The clay hybrid sat atop the vending lady.

----

"So, we've escaped from prison.... and ended up here" Said a blue stallion with a dark blue mane.

"Yes." Agreede another stallion with a pale gold pelt and short, scarlet hair.

"We've been thwarted once, but it shall not happen again!" Chimed a white mare with a wavy blue mane.

The fourth member of the Quartet was in a reform center back at home.

"We must regain control of the hybrids, Maki. Saki, do you have any idea where we've landed?" The blue stallion asked, raising a brow.

"No, Baki. I do not," Saki replied, shaking her head. "But I do know that equine beings called ‘ponies’ are the dominant species, the most civilized as it were."

"I see. If those brats are here, we shall kill them all!" Baki shouted, rising up on his hind legs and stomping his hooves forcefully into the ground.

"They most likely are, sire. But we must find a place to set up our new base." Maki stated, grinning horribly.