• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 639 Views, 22 Comments

Ponyville Elementary - Giboy



In the 5th year of the ponyville elementary, four new pony arrival broke the monotony of the school days...

  • ...
3
 22
 639

3. The stone and the gold

Chapter Three: The stone and the gold

Two weeks after the start of the school...

Cheerilee sat on her chair behind her desk. Across the table sat a brown earthpony colt. He looked happy, as always. Two weeks passed since he and his friends come to her class, and she decided that its time for the first teacher-student talk. She chosen Softstone because he is trying to make lot of frieds here. But not just with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, he is trying to be friendly with everypony. He is doing great, what she can't tell about the others. Scarlet, a member of the CMC too, but she is trying to be friends with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and that is simply impossible. And its looks like D.T. has bigger influence to her than the other three. Shadow Self isn't interacting with anypony except the Crusaders and his old friends. Darkgold isn't tried to interact with anypony and after what happened four days ago, she has every right to be worried. That was the day when Diamond Tiara trapped his desk to splash his face with paint when opened. He was pink all day. But he didn't say anything, his expression didn't changed a bit. After this, she thought she need to know more about them, and started the interviews with Softstone. He looked at her smiling, and finally said:

"It is because the painting incident? He is going to take grand revenge, but he plan it carfully, so maybe two or three weeks will need to finish it. You need not to worry, he won't cause any harm to anypony, just humiliation, and maybe some property damage," he said happily.

"Really? And why is he planning so long?"

"Revenge is his kind of thing. He is really good at it for better or worse. But he know his limits, and don't do anything drastic, just something big and embarrassing."

"And you are telling this me just like that?"

"Why not? You are going to find it out eventually, so why should I hide it?"

"I see your point, however, there is something I don't understand..."

"What is it?"

"How are you two friends? You are the complet opposite of each other in almost every possible way,"

"He wasn't always like this, just about half year ago,"

"What happened?"

"That isn't my place to tell, if he want to, he will,"

"And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You look like a friendly kid, but you always watch what are you saying, select each word, paying attention not to tell your point of view."

His expression changed from happy to serious. He eyed her for a few seconds then said slowly.

"Bad things happened to every one of us, but the weight of them isn't equal. The worst is Shadow Self's. After that comes Darkgold's, but they are far from equal. Then comes Scarlet, finally me."

"And are you going to tell me?"

"Yes, I suppose I can tell you, because you can't tell anypony,"

"You are right, but that is the only reason you trust me?"

"I could say yes, but that wouldn't be entirely true, so I say no,"

"And how true is that?"

"95-5"

"And which one which?"

"I don't know,"

Cheerilee shook her head and smiled.

"Okay, now story,"

"Yes-yes. Actually, it's not just my story,"

"What do you mean?"

"You will see..."

Four years earlier...

It was a sunny afternoon when six kids sat on the grass in front of a school. There were three colts and three fillies, and they played a game called 'Truth or Dare'. One of them was a brown earthpony. When the count stopped at him, he looked really happy. An caramell unicorn filli with snow white mane and light blue eyes asked.

"Truth or Dare, Softstone?"

The called pony looked at her and said in a cheerful tone.

"I think now I say true!"

"Okay... What is your most embarrassing secret?"

"Umm... Do you all promise not to tell?"

A pale blue unicorn colt with blonde and brown mane and green/gold/blue eyes. Yes, those eyes are definitely unique. He spoke with a grin.

"Of course! We are friends, right?"

"Okay... Two years ago, my parents send me to kindergarden in a fluffy girl dress, because they thought I was cute..."

There was silenc for a minute as everypony looked at Softstone with mouths hang open. Then the silenc was replaced with laughter. Stone sat there, bright red, as everypony laughed. After the laughter died down, he said.

"Don't forget, you promised not to tell anypony!"

"Yes-yes, we know. Now it's getting late, we need to go home, bye everypony!" the blue unicorn said.

"Okay, goodbye everypony!" Softstone said as he got up and started to walk home...

The next morning, he arrived last at class. When he stepped in, everypony started to smile, but none of them said anyrhing. He didn't understand it, and he went to his desk. After the lesson, in the backyard some of the ponies from the went to him.

"What happened Stone, you cant find girly enough dress?" one of the colts asked.

"What are you talking about?" he asked confused.

"I'm sure you know, princess," this time a filly spoken.

"Princess!Princess!Princess!" they chanted.

"What's going on? How... What..." he said, almost crying.

"Do you really thought they will keep it in secret?" a colt in the front asked.

"B-But... they are my friends..."

"And? They just wanted to laugh a good, that is why they invited you,"

He can't hold it any longer. He started to sob, then cry as he laid down in the grass.

"Look, he is crying! What a filly!"

"Alright, you have your fun, now get lost!" said a new voice. Softstone never heard it before, but it was a colt's.

"And why should we? Who do you think you are?" asked the blue unicorn as he came foward from the crowd.

"Somepony who has more brain than you, Sea Lacrim," the new pony said.

"Oh really, Goldie? You are just as much joke as he is,"

"Then laugh, I don't care about a pony words who's only magic is a sewing spell!"

Now Sea Lacrim was the one who turned bright red as everypony turned to him and started laughing. He muttered somthing and run off, the crowd following him. When Softstone looked up, he saw his savior. A little black pegasus with bule mane and red feathers. As he turned he saw that his eyes were blue too. He looked at him, then smiled.

"That will teach him!" he said happily.

"W-Who are you?"

"My name is Darkgold, but my friends call me Goldie. You want to be my friend? You don't have to tell me anything you don't want, and if you tell something, I wont tell it anypony, promise!"

"S-Sure" Softstone said, as he got up, and smiled. He didn't know why, but he felt he can trust in this pegasus more than anypony befor...

"... and that is the story," Softsone said as he finished. Miss Cheerilee just sat there and watched him, unable to say anything. Most of the parts made sense to her, however, one little detail bothered her.

"He smiled? And he opened up to some stranger who he just met? Do we really talk about the same Darkgold?"

"Yes, as I said, he changed half year ago, before that, he was a different person,"

"And what about the others? When did they change?"

"Shadow a year ago, Scarlet two years ago. I don't know what was she like before, one day, he just walked in, beaten up, with her by his side. Shadow was pretty much like he is now, without the sadness and the sorrow. That is all I can tell,"

"It's alright, thank you for the talk, you can go now,"

"Okay, goodbye miss Cheerilee!" he said as he started walk towards the door

"Goodbye, Softstone," she said as she watched he go. She wrote down some more things before she placed the papers in a dossie. Now she has some clues about their past, but not close enough. However, she had a plan...

Author's Note:

Please comment and say your thoughts. And I know the title isn't the best one, but I can't think better. Also, please write down who is your favorite from the OC's, and why. Thank you.

Comments ( 4 )

You are definitely getting better with this. Softstone really proves his loyalty although his maturity creeps out a little.

When you are writing a dialog, try to add the description of their tone and facial expression or even what they are doing (fidgeting, playing with some paper, anything that shows their mood).

My personal favourite is Darkgold. I always wished to have such a selfcontrol. Sadly I fail and give in the emotions very easily.

2967704
Thank you for the tip, I will try. :pinkiehappy:

Softstone best OC but it feels like hes hiding a dark secret. Cant wait for chapter 4.

Login or register to comment