• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 4,415 Views, 163 Comments

Mass Effect: New Beginnings - Sleepyted



What if Commander Shepard didn't die on the Citadel?

  • ...
32
 163
 4,415

Chapter 7: I like Trains

We headed off to the train stations, she was talking about Ponyville, and I still can't get over the name. There was one Pony I should avoid, Pinkie Pie, apparently she's crazy about party's.
We got on the train and soon after it headed off, the ride was quite peaceful, and the view was awesome.
"So, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get biotics?" Does she want them?
"If you're asking if you can get them, no, you get them from radiation when you’re in the womb."
"Wait, its radiation poisoning?"
"Sort of, it isn't deadly or anything, I won't grow another head over night." I wonder what it would be like having 2 heads.
We sat there for some time in a awkward silence, the train engine making it noises, people chatting, it was all around fine.
We arrived at Ponyville after 4 hours of boredom on the train, it was larger than I expected, but still a lot smaller than any colony I’ve seen before. We hopped off the train and I saw all the different ponies milling around town, ponies getting on and off the train, ponies saying hello and goodbye to those arriving and those who are leaving. I looked around and I was a little shocked about how colorful the town was. I wonder how they get it so colorful, there’s no rubbish on the ground, no one yelling, this place seems too go to be true.
“We need to go to my friend Twilight, she can put a cloud walker spell on you.” Cloud walker? What’s that?
We walked through Ponyville, Dash was telling me all about the town and her friends, I also realized that most ponies are named after what they’re good at.
We arrived at a tree, there was a door on it? Ooooookkkkkkkk, how is the tree still alive? As I’ve said before I’m not going to question it, I don’t think this place follows physics from where I’m from.
I knocked on the door, after a little bit the door opened, there was no one there.
“Down here.” I looked down and I saw a little green and purple lizard.
“Hi Spike, is Twi home?” The little dragon was too busy eyeing me.
“I know I look good but doesn’t mean you can make this awkward.” Yea, I’m awesome like that.
A faint blush entered his face, it was kinda hard to tell with the scales on his face.
“Sorry, it’s just most people get freaked out when they see me.”
“Why?”
“Because I’m a dragon, a lot of people think I’m dangerous.”
“If it helps I was in the al-guard for 14 years, I’ve pretty much seen it all most of which you would have never heard of.” I’m not going tell him what they are.
“Ooooookkkkkkkk, well let me go get Twilight.” And with that he went into the tree.
Soon a lavender unicorn with a dark blue mane with 2 purple stripes in it.
“Hello Dash, who your friend?”
“My name is Shepard.” Wait, if I don’t say the commander part it makes it sound like I’m a shepherd.
“She’s my marefriend, we just need you to cast a cloud walker spell” Dash threw her arm over my shoulder.
“OOOOOOO, I need to make a party.” Wait who was that?
I turned my head to see a pink pony with a cotton candy type mane on my back.
“Gah.” I fell over when I saw the mare.
Before I could say anything the pink pony disappeared.
“That, was Pinkie Pie, she doesn't make sense so don’t try to understand any of it.” Rainbow leaned over into my field of view.
“Well, you’ll have to look out for her then, anyway let me go get my spell book.”
I stood back up and dusted myself off.
“Ok, stand still.” Twilight’s horn began to glow.
I guess the spell was cast because her horn stopped glowing.
“All done, by the way do you need some help finding a new job?” Alright, that was an odd Segway.
“Nah, she's a Commander in the guard, just look at her armor.” Crap, I hope she doesn't ask any questions.
“OOOoooooo, do you know my brother?” Weeeeell, no but I should still go along with it.
“What’s his name?”
“Shining Armor.”
“I don’t know him, I was in a posted quite far away.” Please buy it.
“I didn't know there were any posts in other nations?” Crap, I hope her brother isn't that high in the chain of command.
“May I ask what you brothers rank is?”
“He captain of the guard, I’m surprised that you haven’t heard of him.” She gave me a questionable glance.
“As I said I was far away.” I hope she doesn’t ask where, I only know about 2 other nations.
“Where was your post?” Crap, am I just jinxing myself?
“The griffin kingdom.” That’s pretty much the only other nation I know of.
“Oh, ok.” She just gave me a smile, she planning something.
“Ooooookkkkkkkk, anyway Shepard, let’s go, I want to show you my house.”
“Dash can I talk with you for sec?” Yep, defiantly planning something.
“OK, Shep, just wait for me at the park.” She gave me smile.

I headed at to the park and started to do some sit ups to pass the time, I hear the flapping of wings behind me.
“Sorry I took a while, she just wanted to talk to me about stuff.” She looked like she was lying.
“I know what you were talking about.”
“How?” she looked shocked.
“It’s rather obvious, she doesn't trust me does she?” I gave her a glare to try and get her to brake, she broke rather easy.
“*sigh* she wanted to see what I knew about you.” She hung her head in shame.
“It’s totally fine, as long as you didn't tell her about my biotics I totally okay with it.” I got off the floor from doing my sit ups.
“I didn’t tell her, I just told her about that you’re in the guard and how I met you and stuff like that.” She raised her head.
“Anyway, where’s your house?” I’m trying to change the subject.
“Look up.” Is all she said.
I looked up, I only see clouds. “I don’t see anything.”
“You see that cloud over there?” she pointed her hoof at a cloud in the distance.
“Yea, what about it?”
“That’s my house.” WHAT? Ok, ok need to play it cool.
“How will I get up there?”
“I’ll carry you up.”
Before I could say anything he picked me up and started to carry me towards the cloud. On closer inspection I saw that there was a rainbow waterfall on the side and the cloud was muddled up to look like a house.
We then landed on the porch. Wait I can’t walk on cloud. I felt her let go but I wouldn't.
“You can let go now.” She said nonchalantly.
“WHAT!? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!” why would she try and get me to stand on a cloud.
“Twi put a cloud walking spell on you, it will be like standing on a pillow.”
I slowly began to let go, the cloud was soft, the I can stand of them, clouds are just water vapor that has grouped together, they are just cold steam pretty much.
“You should have seen your face, priceless.” She began to laugh her ass off.
“Ha ha laugh it up, it won’t happen again.” I tried to make the most intimidating glare I could, it didn't work, it just make her laugh more.
She stopped laughing after a while. “Anyway let go inside, I’ll show you where we’ll be sleeping.” And with that she headed inside.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 7. Shepard is finally in Ponyville, only good things good things can happen from here (Sarcastic tone)