• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 4,412 Views, 163 Comments

Mass Effect: New Beginnings - Sleepyted



What if Commander Shepard didn't die on the Citadel?

  • ...
32
 163
 4,412

Chapter 14: Armor

I arrive under the cloud house hovering above me, the shadow still cold as before.
“DASH!” I shout up towards the house.
I stand there for a few moments until I see a cyan and rainbow blur shot out of the house towards the ground. Rainbow soon landed in front of me with a light thud.
“Hi Shep, what I lift?”
“Of cause.”
Dash fly’s up and bit and wraps her front hooves around my torso and began to carry me towards the house.
We soon arrive on the porch and enter her house.
“Dash I think I need to talk with you.” I need to tell her I’m going to the guard.
“I’m all ears.”
“I have to head back to the guard at 3 today.” I let my head hang down.
“Oh, I didn’t know you’d have to leave so soon, but we can spend the rest of the day together right?”
“Sadly not, I need to make my armor, if you want you can help.”
“I thought you said I can’t watch.”
“I did but as they say ‘screw it’”
We headed into the bedroom where my Kevlar fabric is, it was over by what I salvaged from my armor. I headed over to the black silk that Rarity gave me when I got the Kevlar and picked it up.
“I’m happy you’re here, I need to measure some things and it’s hard to do it on yourself.”
“So you like to do it with other ponies?”
“Really?”
“Hey, you said it.”
“Any how you need to be my mannequin with my armor.”
“Really, I hate standing still.”
“Well you’re the one making the innuendo.”
“I did it as a joke.”
“And here’s my payback for how bad it was now stand still.”
I began to measure out and cut up the black silk to fit around Dash, I make it two layered and have it hollow on the inside. Once I did that I began to fold up the Kevlar.
“I thought you needed that to make the armor?”
“I do.”
“Then why are you packing it up?”
“I’m not, I’m folding it up. I just need to fold it up and compress it down as much as I can then I’ll use my Biotics to compress it down more.”
“OOOOOOOoooooooo.”
I finished up with the silk vest. It covered the whole back and most of the chest, I made bracers for all the shins and with the front legs it was the whole thing and the back of the legs where half done, I also made part to cover the whole back of the neck and the side, there was no helmet. So now all I have is a silk vest and leg guards.
“Okay here’s the hard part, can you start to fold up the Kevlar and I’ll use my Biotics to press it even more.”
She began to fold up the Kevlar to the size’s I needed and then I used my Biotics to compress it even more. From being four inch’s to half an inch we compressed the Kevlar. After each peace was compressed I put it into the silk vest.
After about 6 hours we fully made the armor. The Kevlar was put into the vest and stitched up to sides. The one shoulder pad that was left from my old armor was put on the right front shoulder, the black of the silk went well with the black and red of my old shoulder plate.
“So is this stronger than iron?”
“Yea, just give it a good punch.” I held the finished armor in front of me.
Dash gave it a punch. “Ow, that’s really is hard, how did you know how to make this?”
“It’s a used to be used where I’m from, we ended up finding something a couple hundred times stronger this.”
“There’s stuff that’s stronger than this, why didn’t you make it out of that?”
“Because not even I know how to produce it, I need someone who can make it.”
“What does it look like?”
“It’s the same thing that my old armor is made out of.”
“Oh, wait, that means whatever that was that destroyed you old armor was MASSIVE!”
“A couple hundred feet tall.”
“WHAT? How did you stop it?”
“The crucible.”
“The what now?”
“It was made to stop them, I think it worked but I don’t know for sure, anyway let me put this new armor on.”
We began to put the armor on to me and just like I hoped it fit almost perfectly. I look like a total badass in this, and I wonder what weapon I’ll use, I could use my Omi-blade or I could try and buy a sword or a bow. I’ll use my Omi-blade as a knife and I’ll try to get a bow or crossbow, I do have this visor that Garrus gave me.
“Wow, you look so awesome.”
“I know, just image me patrolling a town or something at night, no one would dare try and break the law when they see me, also do you want to see me with all my equipment?”
“Sure.”
“Okay but don’t tell Twilight, she’ll bombard me with questions on how they work and I’m not going to say.”
“Okay, so spill the beans.”
“Okay so my weapon of choice for now is like what the Q.T. on me and what this hunk of metal on my face does.”
“Come on show me already.”
I push the button on the side of my visor turning it on and then I flipped out my Omi-blade, I took the most badass pose I could and help it.
Rainbow just had her jaw hanging by the floor. “I’m not going to ask because it’ll take too long to answer.”
“Anyway I have to go now, want to walk me to the train station?”
“What type of marefriend would I be if I didn’t walk you out?”
“A crappy one.” I said turning my visor and Omi-blade off.

We walked over to the front porch and looked over the edge. “Do you want a lift over to the train station?”
“I don’t know you’ll be able to carry me and the armor.”
“So race you to the bottom?”
“No, I’ll need you to carry me down, I’ll probably kill myself if I tried what I normally did.”
“Fine, I’ll carry you down.”
“What, you prefer me falling to my death?”
“I didn’t mean that, it’s just your heavy.”
“Are you chickening out on me?”
“I’m not.”
“Then carry me down.”
“Fine.”
She picked flew up and wrapped her hooves around my torso and then we flew to the ground. Once we were on the path we started to head out to the train station.
“I’ll be right back, do leave without me.”
“Where you going?”
“I’m going to get my friends to say bye.” Before I could objected she flew off.
“Shepard”
“Yea.” I look around but don’t see anyone.
“Dam it, there’s that voice again.” I let out a sigh and continue on.

I soon arrive at the train station and I see a small group of ponies near some guards, I guess they’re joining the guard too. I looked around for Dash and saw she was in a small group with what I guess were her friends, I walked up to her.
“Hello girls, here to see me off?”
“Why of cause darling, it would be rude of us to not to.”
“Well I’m happy to see you all here but sadly I don’t know all of you.”
“Well um I’m umm Fluttershy.”
“A pleasure to meet you Fluttershy.”
“And I’m Pinkie Pie.”
“Hello, wait, were you the person who snuck up on me when I met Twilight?” All eye’s turned to the pink pony.
“That’s just Pinkie being Pinkie.” Dash said.
“Anyhow I would love to know what your armor is made of, I’ve never seen anything like that before.” I knew Twilight will have some questions.
“I got it from Rarity’s.” And now all eyes turned to Rarity.
“Who me? I only gave you some silk and old material that I wasn’t going to use.”
“What do you think I made it out of?”
“Wait, that’s made out of Kevlar?”
“I told you I could make armor out of it.”
“Wait, you made it out of a fabric?” Huh, Twilight knows what Kevlar is.
“Yea and no, I’m not going to show you how.”
“What about that shoulder pad?”
“It’s from my old armor, it’s made from carbon fiber.”
“Wait, how do you have carbon fiber, our top minds still haven’t made it yet.”
“Oh look at the time, gottogobye.” And with that I ran off towards the recruits, and when I was a little bit away I stopped and turned to them. “I’LL WRITE!”
I almost got in so much trouble, I need to get out of here quite fast. When I went over to the group of recruits a pair of guards stopped me.
“Name.” The one on the left asked.
“Shepard.”
“Proceed.” They both stepped to the side letting me pass.
I got to the group of recruits and saw all the different armor and weapons. Some iron, some copper and others looked gold. Gold is one of the worst metal’s to use as weapons and armor.
“All aboard for train to Canterlot!”
When the conductor yelled that everyone hopped on the train, the recruits were taken to a privet cabin and once we were in we headed off to Canterlot.

Author's Note:

If you want your OC in this story send me a message telling me about them. What they look like, their personality and a small backstory