• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 4,415 Views, 163 Comments

Mass Effect: New Beginnings - Sleepyted



What if Commander Shepard didn't die on the Citadel?

  • ...
32
 163
 4,415

Chapter 20: Room Mates

Shepard

=========================================================================
Once I finished my letter I started to write another one to Twilight.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle

I would like it if you could give the other letter to Dash, I don't know her address.

From Shepard"

Once I finish writing the letter I let out a sigh.
I return to chilling on my bed for some time, after a long day of not doing much can be tiring.

"What about me? I've done a lot too and I'm barely tired, grow some balls and stop being so lazy."

There are a few things wrong with that statement, firstly I'm a woman, or a mare as these ponies say so if I start growing balls I should find help, secondly there's nothing to do so I'm chilling. Also you said you'll tell me your name.

"Having balls isn't all bad, there's so many things good about them. Also you can just call me Night Springs."

Huh, odd name and as much as I would love to have a nice long talk about reproductive organs I want to relax, not talk with a voice in my head.

"We'll I hope you enjoy the few seconds you have of chillaxing because we have company."

The door in the far side of the room burst open and a couple on ponies walked in, all of who were guys. My brain was to busy thinking about the voice, how did it know they were coming, was it a coincidence, and is chillaxing a word? While a was thinking about how confusing the voice is that I barely heard what they were talking about.

"That fight was awesome, I can't believe he didn't get hurt from that blow." A smaller than average bat pony said as he was walking into the room. He had dark blues and a purple mane with tints of gold in it.

"We know Moon, we were there too." Said a deeper voice walking into the room. He was taller than me by about half a head, he had a think build and green eyes and his mane was just a plain dark purple.

"Yea Brick, but you have to admit that that was pretty cool, did you see the way he blocked that blow?" If the tall pony's name is Brick Wall I'm going to face palm, hoof, what ever.

The knew pony walked in, he was about the same height as me and had gray eyes and a normal dark purple like his friend.

"Oh hay look, we got a room mate." The small one who's name I think is called Moon said pointing a hoof at me.

"Hello to you too short stack." I said looking at Moon.

"Oh where are our manners, I'm Starry Night, this is Clay Brick and the little one's Dark Moon." The medium sized pony pointed at a pony as he was saying a name.

"Hi, I'm Jane, but my friends call me Shepard." I said hopping off my bed and walking over to the group who just entered.

"We'll it's nice to meet you, say, I didn't see you in the group of recruits, are you in the day guard? Because they stay on the other side of the hall." Brink said tilting his head to the side.

"Nah, I'm trying to get in the night guard, I'm surprised you didn't see me." I said with a dismissing hoof gesture.

“Should we have?” Dark said with a raised eye brow.

“I suppose not, I was covered up after all.” I said with a small shrug.

After a few moments of an awkward silence I took a look around at the room and saw a clock in the side of the room, it read 6:50.

“Crap, it’s almost time for dinner, let’s start to head over.” I said walking past them and out the door.

“Oh you’re right, let’s go.” Starry said following after me.

“Before we go can I ask a question?” I asked turning my head to look at them.

“Shoot.”

“Is chillaxing a word?”


=========================================================================


We walked through the building trying to find the cafeteria with little luck.

”You can just ask someone.”

We’ll find where we need to go soon enough, it won’t take much longer.

”Suuuuuuuuure.” he said with sarcasm in his tone.

Well then who am I going to ask then?

”*sigh* Take the next left, head down the corridor and take the third right and it will be on the right.”

How do you know that? I’ve never been here so how do you know where it is? And how were you able to sigh in my head?

I didn’t get a reply. “*sigh*, Come on guys, I know the way.” I said taking the left and following down the hall.

“Why didn’t you say anything earlier?” Dark said with annoyance in his tone.

“Because Night Springs told me.”

“Who?” Dark said.

“Just someone I recently met.”

We soon reached the cafeteria exactly where Night said it’ll be. Okay next time Night talks to me there’s going to be a lot of questions.

”Who ever said I left?”

Really? Now that I’m about to eat you talk again?

”What? Aren’t I aloud to have a break too?”

Fine, once I get my food we can have a NICE long talk.

Author's Note:

Sorry for a few things.
1: Sorry for not posting a new chapter sooner.
2: Sorry about this one being quite bad.
3: Sorry about it being shorter than usual.

I didn't have much time during last week.