• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 4,415 Views, 163 Comments

Mass Effect: New Beginnings - Sleepyted



What if Commander Shepard didn't die on the Citadel?

  • ...
32
 163
 4,415

Chapter 12: Questions

We downed out liquor in a single gulp, the cold taste of vodka filled my mouth.
“What drink do you think this is?”
“I have no clue.”
“It tastes like a drink from where I’m from called Vodka, very heavy, I think their like 40 per cent.”
“40 per cent what?”
“40 per cent alcohol.” She went wide eyed.
“Really, that’s an awful lot.”
“That’s why I said not to have the same drink.”
“I’m not going to chicken out now, let’s get another round.” She furthered her statement by slamming her hoof on the table.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


I’m starting to get woozy, I and Dash started having a drinking contest after the second shot. I was still not drunk while Dash on the other hand totally lost it, I was surprised that she was still awake. After about f shots people started placing bets about who will win, by the time we took our twentieth shot the whole bar was cheering whenever we took a shot. We have taken about 27 shots each and I was starting to feel the strain, Dash looked totally wasted. Her hair was a mess, her eye’s looked like they didn’t focus on anything and she was slurring all her words.
The bar tender came back with two more shots in is magical grasp and put it on the bar in front of us. We each took the shot into out hooves, Dash had to try a couple of times to put her hooves on either side of the glass. I drank my shot and put it back on the bar table while Dash lingered a bit before doing the same. All the people in the bar cheered again. The bartender brought another pair of shots back over.
I drank my down a few moments after receiving it while Dash just held it in front of her. I can tell she’s about to get knocked out from alcohol overdose. I know a few trick’s about drinking and one of which is how to minimize the hang over which is just to drink some water, It flush’s out some of the alcohol. While I think Dash will just fall over any second.
I ordered a glass of water as Dash was holding her shot in front of her face swaying slightly. My water came not long after and I downed it all, Dash was just staring at the shot glass while swaying side to side. She finally took the shot, she put the shot on the table and looked proud of herself. After a few moments she started slowly to fall backwards. As she fell back wards a massive up roar came from the crowd watching, most came over and congratulated me by patting me on the back or giving me money.
I paid for our drinks and went over to Dash, She was passed out on the bar floor with her tongue lolling out. What to do with you, I won’t be able to wake her up due to being totally wasted.
I pick her up and put her on my back and left the bar. When I exited I saw how dark it was, huh, it seems that we were in there for some time. I looked at the sleeping mare on my back, what to do with you. I could just sleep at the park but I don’t want her to get hypothermia, I could take her to one of her friend’s house, yea, I’ll do that. So which friend should I take her to? I guess Twilight because she’s the only one where I know where she lives, I hope she’s awake.
I walk over to the library, the large house tree greeted me with its towering size. I’ve seen bigger things, namely reaper. I really hope she’s awake, if she isn’t it will be really awkward. I knocked on the door, I heard footsteps approach the door and the door swung open
“Sorry but the library is closed please come back to- oh hi Shepard, what can I do for you?” She sounded awful chipper for someone who doesn’t trust me.
“Hi Twilight, I was just wondering if you can let Dash sleep here for the night?” I said turning, showing Twilight Dash.
“What happened to Dash?”
“I warned her not to get into a drinking game with me, as you can see she didn’t listen.” She seemed to know what I was saying.
“Dash was somepony who never stepped down from a challenge, and sure, you guys can stay the night.”
“Thank you Twilight.” I said with a slight head bow.
“No problem but may I ask what is that thing on your face? I didn’t see it last time you visited.”
“You may ask by all I’ll say is an old friend gave me it, I decided to put it on today when I was going through my things.”
“May I ask what branch of the guard you were in?”
“If you wanted twenty questions can we do it once Dash is off my back?”
“Of cause, I’ll get an extra blanket.” And with that she left and went to a cupboard and came back with two blankets.
“Just lay her down on the coach over there.” I turned my head and saw a coach.
I walked over and put Dash on the coach then put the blanket over her.
“So where are we going to sit for the questions?”
“We can go over and sit at the table, I’ll get some drinks.”
“Nothing alcoholic I hope, I’ve had enough for tonight.”
She let out a small giggle and went to the kitchen, I walked over and took a seat at the table. Twilight soon came back with two glasses of what I hoped was water. She passed me one of the glasses and took a seat across the table from me.
“So, what questions do you have?” I put my forehooves behind my head.
“How old are you?”
“Out of all the question you could have asked you asked that one, well I’m 31.”
“You’re quite young to be a commander.”
“It took a while but yea, I am quite young, how old are you?”
“26.”
“I guess Dash is around that age to?”
“You would be guessing right, next question. How did you get to be commander so young?”
“I used to be in an old squad, we were on a patrol but we got attack, 75 hours of non-stop fighting, I was the only survivor, the word got around about what happened and I was recruited by a spec ops task force called N7.”
“I never heard of it.”
“I wouldn’t blame you, not many retire.”
“Why not?”
“Because most of us get killed in action.” She looked a little shocked when I said that.
“Okay next question, why did you leave?”
“I didn’t I got lost, I don’t know where they are.”
“What do you mean that you got lost?”
“One minute I was bleeding to death and then I woke up in a field on the outskirts in Manehatten.”
“Next question, where are you from?”
“Up north, I can’t remember the name because I haven’t been there for 14 years, now my turn, why do you want to know so much about me? You know I already have a marefriend.” She blushed a bit.
“You can never be too careful, I just don’t want anything to happen to my friends.”
“And nothing will, also this may sound weird but does Equestria have any form of space centre?”
“I don’t think so, why do you ask?”
“Just curios, where I’m from there’s not enough bits to do anything like that, anyhow I’m going to hit the hay.”
And off to the coach in the corner of the house.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter's ending is a bit crappy, sorry about that.
[Edit] I'm going to start writing in other peoples perspective's I'll write who the POV is before their segment.