• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 4,415 Views, 163 Comments

Mass Effect: New Beginnings - Sleepyted



What if Commander Shepard didn't die on the Citadel?

  • ...
32
 163
 4,415

Chapter 3: Lunch

I walked over to the door but she stopped me by putting a hoof on my chest. "You might want to take off your armour."
If she tries to kiss me I'll throw her out through a window. "Why."
"Because it looks broken, you'll look weird with it on and we are always naked so it won't matter." She smiled at me.
Does she know that I feel uncomfortable without my armour? But I guess if I don't fit in I might get attacked.

I went to my room and took off my armour but left my dog tags on, I'll never take them off. I went back to the main room, Rainbow was standing in the door way with a cheesy grin on her face. She than looked at my rear and stared. If she going to say I have a nice ass I'll punch her in the face.
"What's your cutie mark meant to mean?" What's a Q.T. Mark?
I looked at my rear and saw a tattoo of an Omi-blade. Gah, what do I say? I'll make something up and hopefully she'll buy it. "I don't know what it means, it just appeared." Please buy it.
"Oh, okay, somepony's don't know what the mean too." I guess that was her way of reassuring me.
"Anyhow you said you wanted to show me somewhere?"
"Oh yea, just follow me." And with that she was gone.

I followed her for some time, I was just looking at the sights while she was talking about these people called the Wonderbolts, we walked for about an hour and a half till we arrived at what looked like a bar. Really, it's like 11:30 in the morning, why get drinks at this time? "You know it's like 11 you know?"
"They do food as well, I thought we might get an early lunch." Wow for someone who brags about how awesome they are she sure dose look embarrassed.
"Fine with me." I walked in and was supposed to see it was a lot better than I thought it would be.
We got a table for 2, if she puts the moves I'll be mad. I opened the menu on the table, there were hay burgers, daisy sandwiches and hay fries. I ordered the burger and so did Rainbow.
"Soo, do you have a special somepony?" What's a special somepony?
"A what now?"
"You know, are you seeing somepony at the moment?" Really, I was trying to not think she was gay, but now she pretty much asks me out.
"Are you asking me out, you known we've only known each other for 4 hours." She blushed a lovely shade of red.
We sat there for some time till she spoke up. "Soo, do you?"
"No, I pretty much know no one." Crap, I hope she doesn't get any ideas.
Our meals soon arrived and I quickly ate, I wanted to get out of this awkward moment as fast as I can.
"What do you mean you don't know anypony?"
"Being in the al-guard you don't spend much time here."
"So where did you live before joining the guard?"
"I lived far away." Please don't ask any more questions.
"Don't your parents miss you?" I hoped she wouldn't ask that.
"*sigh* I'm an orphan, they died when I was 4."
"Oh, I'm sorry, do you have any friends?"
"I don't think any of they are alive."
We just sat there in an awkward silence for some time.
Would you like me to be your special somepony?” what did she say?
“Pardon?” I have no clue what she said, if she mumbled it she must not want it to be heard by others.
“I said would you like me to be your special somepony?”
“I can’t answer you if I can’t hear you, speak up.” I started to take a sip of my drink.
“*Sigh* would you like me to be you special somepony?” I wish I wasn’t drinking at that moment, my water got sprayed across the table.
“What?” I started having a coughing fit.
“I wanted to know if you want a special somepony.” She looked down I shame.
What should I say?

Author's Note:

Should Shepard go out with Rainbow or stop her where she is?