• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,930 Views, 14 Comments

The End of Equestria - thatguyfromkfc



All I could do was watch as the world burned.

  • ...
4
 14
 1,930

End Game

All I could do was watch. Watch as the place I loved burned. My friends, my family, everypony...gone. I was the only one left. The crackle of the fire was the only sound I could hear besides the constant screaming that rung in my ears. I looked at the smouldering pile of ash that used to be Ponyville library. Charred pieces of paper swirled around on the floor. I just stood there. It was my fault. I had failed. I was meant to protect Equestria and I had failed. That was why Princess Celestia had brought me here. I turned and looked into the distance, towards Canterlot Castle. I saw it burning, the very place I had been meant to protect being destroyed. I couldn't take it.
"IT'S NOT FAIR!" I yelled falling to the ground. I began to sob uncontrollably with nopony to comfort me. I was all over. And I had no way of getting back to my world. I looked at the device Princess Celestia had given me on my first day in Ponyville. She had told me that if anything like this happened I should press the button. A tear ran down my cheek and hit the ground. I reluctantly pressed the button and let myself be transported away from Equestria. I looked back one last time and all of my days there came back to me. Pinkie Pies parties, Derpy Hooves' accidents and the day I never wanted to remember...the day this all started. The day that she died.

I'm so sorry.
It was all my fault.
I couldn't stop it. It was too strong.
I changed. I was too weak.
It manipulated me and I made me your murderer.
I just hope you find this letter before the end. Before you die.

Your Protector,

Doctor Whooves

I never thought death was a bad thing.
I welcomed it with open arms.
The only problem is I can't die. I change.
I would die if I could. I would if I could.
But I can't.
I am so sorry.
I just hope you can hear me say it.
I am so sorry, Twilight. I am so, so sorry. And I miss you.

-The Doctor

Comments ( 14 )

This story is meant to be short. I hope you all enjoyed it. I don't know why but I found it easier to write this while listening to The Living Tombstones remix of Winter Wrap up.

It looked promising, and I read it all. It would make a great long term fic, but I understand. Good work for such a short story! :pinkiehappy:

I know its meant to be short but....why is it so short? You could have made an entire fanfiction about the doctor finally losing a battle but instead you thought this would be better?
Potential = Great
Deliverance = Nope.avi

Picture I remember from seeing September TLT's song...Still haunts me to this day. Interesting that you made this.

Yes, you could have expanded this a bit more. Still, as a short story, it's pretty good.

Oh woooooow that was cool.

:applejackunsure: You ever heard "September"? By the living tombstones? I thought of that the WHOLE time I read this...oh and that's a good thing:pinkiehappy:

SO EPIC. I NEED MOAR!
anyways, here's my read
http://youtu.be/mZ3N65kkDXk

how did he even release this, fics are supposed to be not allowed under 1000 words?

724916

Are you kidding me? You forgot that fics used to have to be over 300 words?

724946 when was this, ive only been a brony about 4 months, and going by my account, ive only been on this site 1 month, and if you look at my fic release date, I only released a fic about 6 days ago, so no, i didn't know this.

Login or register to comment