• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 530 Views, 1 Comments

Singing While Building Tiny Scooters - Hasashimi



The Cutie Mark Crusaders try to get their cutie marks.

  • ...
 1
 530

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
Cutie Mark Planning

“No! We should totally go sell some apples!” the yellow filly yelled.

“Applebloom, you must be out of your mind! We should go make some clothes!” a white unicorn added.

“Sweetie Belle, that’s boriiing! We should go explore the Everfree Forest!” the orange Pegasus yelled.

The three young fillies around the table of their club were yelling at each other about what to do today. Their little blank flanks were a major sight to see in their classroom and they needed talent now. One was a little earth pony. Her mane was red as an apple just like her bow. Applebloom is her name and she is the sister of Applejack, the Element of Honesty.

Next to her was a marshmallow colored unicorn. This pony’s name was Sweetie Belle and her mane was pink and lavender. Sweetie Belle was Rarity’s sister, the Element of Generosity, who works at Carousel Boutique but Sweetie Belle’s dress making skills weren’t top notch. She couldn’t even use magic yet.

Last but not least was an orange Pegasus named Scootaloo. Her mane was a nice shade of fuchsia. Her wings however, weren’t the most noticeable things on her body. They were a bit too small for a filly so big. Because of that, she can’t fly. Her role model is Rainbow Dash, the fastest flier in all of Equestria. Also, she is the owner of the Element of Loyalty.

Scootaloo was always the adventurous one while Sweetie Belle always wanted peace and tranquility. Applebloom simply fit somewhere in between those two. Each filly kept yelling out random suggestions until a sudden yell halted all of it.

“Girls!” Applebloom yelled, “We ain’t gonna settle anything if we keep fightin’ like this! We need to make some kinda plan.”

“I agree with Applebloom,” Sweetie Belle squeaked, “We have to compromise and think things through.”

“Yeah! What Sweetie Belle said!” Scootaloo added, “That’s why we should all start bungee jumping!”

The other two fillies gave Scootaloo the stare.

“No, that isn’t what I meant Scootaloo,” Sweetie Belle argued, “I meant we should do things that we enjoy. Perhaps separate from the group for a while to see what we can do.”

“Sweetie Belle is right,” Applebloom agreed, “We need to find our own special talent. Not everypony in this group will have the same talent.” She looked at Scootaloo, who was still recovering from the stare.

“Wake up Scootaloo,” Sweetie Belle dragged her outside and they all went their direction to find their own special talent.

“Girls,” Applebloom yelled, “We’re gonna meet back here in a week!”

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle both ran whilst Scootaloo rode her little scooter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo sighed.

“I can’t think of anything that I haven’t done…”

Scootaloo jumped off a cloud the Rainbow Dash had put her on as a prank. She tried hard to fly but her wings were just too small. She was falling from the sky like Fluttershy.

“Help!”

Why did Rainbow Dash have to place her so high up? She knew that Scootaloo couldn’t fly. Now she was just going to break her wings. The little orange filly was just spinning in the sky helplessly while she fell to her fate. Suddenly, she fell into something soft and yellow.

“Gotcha little guy- oh… I thought you were a bird…”

A yellow mare had caught Scootaloo. She recognized her as Fluttershy. Even if she was a fragile Pegasus, Fluttershy managed to carry Scootaloo all the way to her home. They sat down and drank some tea.

“Now Scootaloo…” Fluttershy said softly, “Why were you falling like that?”

“Oh, Rainbow Dash thought it was funny to put me on a cloud when I was trying to get my Cutie Mark.” Scootaloo replied.

“I see…” Fluttershy mumbled, “Well, I can help you with that if you would like… I mean, only if you want to.”

Scootaloo nodded with a smile on her face. She needed help anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Applebloom, I ain’t got no time for games,” Applejack snapped, “The last time you tried to sell apples, we got no bits at all!”

Applebloom groaned and walked away. Maybe finding a job in town would help.

Ponyville was crowded as usual. Street stalls with various products were lined up beside her. She passed Applejack’s stall which seemed to make good sales without Applebloom there. She put her head down and kept walking. Suddenly, she bumped into a bouncing, pink blob.

“Hey Applebloom!” the pink blob squealed, “How are you doing?”

Applebloom got up slowly and replied, “Oh… hey Pinkie Pie. I’m all good, ah was just looking for my special talent.”

“Oh well great!” Pinkie Pie squealed again, “I might need some help actually EATING cupcakes! Mister and Mrs. Cake made one too many!”

Pinkie Pie picked up Applebloom and began to walk back to Sugarcube Corner. Applebloom still didn’t give her any approval of this but decided to just go along with her games.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“But Rarity,” Sweetie Belle whined, “I have to get my cutie mark!”

Rarity sighed, “Sweetie Belle dear, you must be patient. You simply cannot rush such a delicate process. Now go run along and think about what to do! Please my dear, do not fret.”

Sweetie belle scooted away. Maybe a book on cutie marks would help. That just means more walking for her.

She finally arrived at Twilight’s library and before Sweetie Belle could knock the door, Spike was already rushing out. The door slammed on to her face and that left her on the ground for quite a while. “Sorry Sweetie Belle!” Spike yelled in the distance.

“Spike!” Twilight called after him, “Be more careful next time! Are you okay Sweetie Belle?” Twilight helped her up with some magic. “Now what brings you here? Need a book on cutie marks?”

Comments ( 1 )

A cute first chapter. I like how you're setting this up. Gonna have to watch so I can see how it turns out.

Login or register to comment