Twilight's Library 4,833 members · 6,260 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I thought it'd be interesting to have a thread going on stories that have come out since Twilight's Library closed that you have read, would recommend, and think might have ended up here if it'd stayed open.

I'm not planning on adding these or anything (Here, anyways. If I happen to read one of these stories and agree, I might add it to Tag-a-long's Book Club.), and this is intended for stuff you read, not that you wrote, but I thought it'd be fun to see what stories everypony likes.

I'm gonna specifically recommend these two stories by Georg:

EThe One Who Got Away
Equestria’s newest baron has just discovered that his new barony is entirely underwater, his new castle is a broken-down old riverboat, and his new subjects are… seaponies. Welcome to the Barony of Fen.
Georg · 22k words  ·  1,963  24 · 17k views
EDrifting Down the Lazy River
A frustrated young orphan with a talent for painting attempts to run away from his rural village and escape to Baltimare on a raft, only to find out that the river Fen holds an unexpected answer to his problem: Seaponies
Georg · 99k words  ·  1,021  12 · 8.5k views

"The One Who Got Away" is a story I really enjoyed about a pony that gets given a barony by princess Celestia, only to find his castle is a broken down riverboat. Very entertaining and cute, and great character development. There's even a dramatic reading of it with Dr. Wolf as one of the voice actors.

"Drifting Down the Lazy River" is about a colt who is an artist and is running away on a raft to the big city to seek his fortune... down the river in the previous story. It was very good, too, and if Georg is reading this, we need another story in the series. I was very disappointed to see it end and want more.

Those are two stories I like, though. What are some stories you liked?

--Sweetie Belle

You really like seaponies don't you?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I really liked Ripple, and Ripple's in both stories...

Haven't seen the movie yet, though, and both these stories came out before it.

--Sweetie Belle

This is the story that inspired me to finally get off my big behind and start writing. I can't think of any better praise.

TThe Epic of a Diamond Dog
To fulfill a promise and save a life, sometimes you have to risk your own
Ravencrofte · 61k words  ·  152  7 · 2.6k views

6188693 Doesn't everypony?

Seriously, though. Thanks for the recommendation. These two are some of my favorite work.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem, they are kinda favorites of mine, too. If Twilight's Library was running, they'd totally be in. As it is, I went ahead and stuck 'em in Tag-A-Long's Book Club.

Of course, I expect I'll end up reading Sweetie Belle: Hogwarts Exchange Student... (Can I use one of my own mane hairs for the wand core?)

--Sweetie Belle

6188854 It takes three....

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Cutie Mark Crusader Wand Creators?

--Sweetie Belle

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/322316/twilight-the-third

I just love Twilight as a thief. And the hilarious thing is that this Twi is more well balanced that the pile of mental problems Twi is in canon.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Anypony read "A Pup's Place"?

EA Pup's Place
Spike isn't sure where he fits into Twilight's family. Maybe he needs a reminder of what is important.
PropMaster · 8.7k words  ·  182  4 · 4.2k views

I haven't read much about Spike the Dog. I'd like to read more about him, tho', and this is a good character piece. Spike would be really confused about his place in life after suddenly being able to talk after spending all his life as a normal dog, and this handles it pretty well.

(And this isn't necro'ing the thread. This is meant to be an ongoing thread.)
--Sweetie Belle

Story Name: Miles Away
Link To Story: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/425160/miles-away
Word Count: 109,994
Tags: [Slice of Life] [Romance] [Drama]
What It's About: It is about a Unicorn in the fictional city of Hoovesiana who makes friends with a online user on a online platform and ends up becoming a couple. It also follows his real life issues of growing up and facing fears.
Why It's Awesome: This story is a different take on a romance story because it focuses more on long distance relationships and shows the accurate struggles with it, as well as some positives. It I'd also based on my true story with long distance relationships.
Oh, And Also: Its long. REALLY LONG.*****

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11