Spike Fanfictions 2,960 members · 5,609 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

Title says it all. I think he does.Not only has he proven to be, but he also will prove that ponies are not the only one to be friendshipping(or whatever you call it.).Also,many people say Spike is useless.So,I think it will be a great idea to give him an element.What do you think it should be?I think it should be Resolve.:pinkiehappy:

1594339 I agree he isn't useless at all.I just think it will finally shut people up about it.Perhaps,there was a forgotten element?

no need Spike is two badass for that he is a dragon the apex of evolshen or the fic I am working on has something similar but more badass

No. Canon is there are six, adding a 7th would be unnecessary, dumb, and frustrating.

While I don't think Spike is useless, far from it, I don't think he should replace one of the mane six. Getting his own unique element and or part of a different team of element bearers is something I would agree with. It wouldn't be that far fetched for there to more than one group of elements. While Harmony is important it isn't the only force out there.

hm... if I had a guess, I'd say he was created by the elements of harmony, so I consider him not one of them, but containing the magic of the elements... or somthing like that... I no use can words today right

1594328 There has alway been six. and Remember. Celestia stated that she and Luna fond the elements. Which means that there were other bearers out there, beside ponies.

1594382 Spike only help in defeating Discord and Sombar.

1594382 OTP is Spikedash.

1594466 well let me ask you two questions: 1) why was his egg used to test the magic levels of foals? 2) if there were more eggs used than just his, why is he the only dragon accepted in equestrian society?

well in some strange way; Spike is a imperfect mixture of all the elements: like a weaker version of princess Twilight.

Magic: fire breath.
Honest: he can be honest to a fault.
Loyalty: In some ways, he's even better at this than dash.
Generosity: "Secret of my excess." that's all I have to say.
Laughter: the dragon makes everyone laugh.
Kindness: he didn't smash peewees egg.

Now in another light, you can say spike embodies the seven deadly sins as well.
Lust: rarity
Gluttony: gems and ice cream
Envy: that damn owl.
Pride: dragon code
Sloth: can be extremely lazy at times.
wrath: he can get angry relatively fast
Greed: again "secret of my excess"

So Spike is basically a real person because humans are capable of doing all of these things. That's why he is the best character. :moustache:

1594491 Holy crap.I never knew that!Now, I see Spike in a even brighter light.He more respect points from me now.Thank you for telling me that.

1594328 Being a Spike fan, I don't think he is useless, it is just the writers I believe making him useless in the show. However, I believe he could be a real good element. Maybe the Element of Devotion, because he devotes his time, his care, and his love for his friends, especially Twilight.:twilightblush:

1594756 I agree.He isn't useless.I just thought people can finally stop saying that.But,now that I think about it,it doesn't matter.Also,great choice for his element.That might be better than resolve. :scootangel:

This right here.

Having an Element of Harmony wouldn't fix that problem - look at all the crap Applejack gets and she's much better developed than Spike is.

Spike....useless?!?!?

WHAT!?!? :pinkiecrazy: :twilightangry2: :flutterrage:

What human would have the right mind to say such a thing?

just spitballing, but maybe spike could be a descendant of a long line of dragons who have protected the element wielders from harm since the dawn of time or something dramatic like that. I have not checked if this has been done yet or not.

I've always hoped against hope that Spike would somehow become an integral part of the Elements. If all of the orbiting stars on Twilight's cutie mark are for each of the other bearers, I've always hoped that the white star hidden behind the biggest purple one, Twilight, was for Spike. He's always been there for her, and has been her support. Maybe he's Empathy?

the element of badassery :moustache:

Maybe that will be the answer to the six star cutie mark from MMC. Spike gets upgraded to the EoH.

I'm hoping it's Spike...

... I'm terrified that it's Flash Sentry, the Element of Love.:twilightoops:

Oh great, now I won't be able to sleep for a week!:pinkiesick:

Spike can showed Kindness, loyalty, honesty, laughter, generosity, and magic when the six do not even when they are under discord's control.

LuminoZero
Group Admin

No worries there, they said Flash wasn't in Season 4.

Spike as the Element of Love though, especially after the 'Night Mares' comic arc, that would be sweet.

EDIT: More as I considered. He helped to save the Crystal Empire, which is ruled over by the Princess of Love. It is a curious idea.

-Lumino

If Spike was an element, I would pin his as the Element of Hope.
Hope is often considered to be overlooked whenever a major crises occurs, but it can also serve to uplift and nurture us when we are all alone and feeling down.
Take into consideration the episodes where the Mane Six felt defeated in some form or another:
in the Return of Harmony, Twilight lost all of her harmony when her friends were discorded and abandoned their very nature based around their own fears and insecurities when they were separated and poisoned by Discords' illusions and lies. While it was Celestia's actions that helped to snap Twilight back to her senses, it was via Spike that the battle would turn in the favor of the Mane Six to be re-harmonized once more.
in the following episode Lesson Zero, Twilight was having her freak-out over not sending a report to Celestia for the past week on her studies and was worried about being recalled back to Canterlot once more for her delay, while this was happening, Spike was there to serve as her anchor to reality in order to snap her back to her senses again periodically at the sheer absurdity of the whole ordeal.
The Crystal Empire need I go into detail how it was by Spikes actions that they were able to defeat a nigh-immortal unicorn king that two Alicorns -Alicorns mind you, that have the power to move both the sun and moon, thus ensuring the process of night and day for the entire f*cking planet- could not even kill?
And my personal favorite being Cutie Mark Chronicles:

While it was by Rainbow Dash's action that would serve to seal her position in Canterlot as Celestia's new apprentice, it would also serve to further seal the deal if one considers the possibility of this "Egg-Hatching Test" in a different light altogether by just 5 words alone:

Spikes' egg was not real.

let's look at the notes thus far in the show: if hatching a dragon egg is part of the entrance exam into the School for Gifted Unicorns, than why don't we see more Dragons in Canterlot? Or for that matter, books detailing information on dragons in general? (cite the episode Dragon Quest as an example of this, where Twilight and Spike scour the library for information regarding dragons, only to come up short with nothing at all)

The real purpose of the "Egg-Hatching Test" (as far as I believe) is to serve as a way to test how an individual reacts to failure: in other words, a Kobiyashi Maru, and this was detailed in the fimfic Real. The fact that Twilight was able to perform the impossible: the creation of life is novel enough, but to do it during a test thats' ultimate purpose was meant for the tester to end in failure one way or another is speechless altogether from all parties involved. It would explain further why Spike was entrusted to Twilight since she was his mother (from a certain point of view), along with why she was taken in as Celestia's apprentice at such a young age. And would also explain his lack of wings that other dragons have, Twilight was given an egg and told that inside of it was a dragon, and since there are zero texts on what a dragon is supposed to look like, she only had the picture on the cart as a reference of what a dragon was supposed to even look like: and as we see, the image has a dragon with no visible wings on it. Spike inadvertently used his own birth to bring about Twilights' over-arching destiny that we've seen in the genre so far, his actions would help her and others along the way to becoming who they are not only as the Bearers, but as a whole for the future of the nation itself.

The Elements of Harmony take on all the colors of the rainbow, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. if that's the case, where is the "Green"-colored Element that makes it? Here is what each element color is supposed to represent based on observations:

Loyalty = Red
Honesty = Orange
Kindness = Yellow
Hope = Green
Laughter = Blue
Generosity = Violet
Magic = White (Makes sense that all of the colors combined together would yield such a result)

and the nature of the elements' shapes serves a duality to it
The Lightning Bolt of Loyalty marks how quick and powerful trust in someone can be, and how it can be harmful if you lose that trust.
The Balloon of Laughter marks how joy can rise and fall within a person.
The Butterfly of Kindness shows us that kindness starts by being gentle to those around you, and how it is often considered to be delicate.
The Diamond of Generosity shows how everything has a sort of price to it, that in order to get something; we have to always give something up for it: money, effort, time, etc.
The Apple of Honesty, citing The Book of Genesis: the passage regarding how the snake seduced Adam and Eve into devouring the forbidden fruit and then realize that they were naked immediately afterwards, one can argue that the Apple opened their minds to the absolute truth.
The Star of Magic, while all of the other elements have a solid and defined meaning for them, the Element of Magic is intangible and often not able to be touched but yet it can be felt all around. Similarly, while we cannot reach and touch the stars, we still look up at them and desire to go and see them up close beyond the threshold of our home planet.

What would Spike's element be represented in the shape of for Hope? Arguably enough, the Element of Hope would have to be that of a Green Flame: Hope can rise from merely nothing (His hatching from a "Kobiyashi Maru Test"), and if nurtured (His rearing by Twilight) it can grow and spread its influence to others, similar to both how Fire can spread and Spikes' own lifetime.

Thank you for the time to see this, and hopefully I have cleared some things up for you regarding what Spikes' Element of Harmony would truly be, and an even deeper meaning for the other Elements of Harmony, and about Spike, Twilight, and Celestias' relationships with each-other.

1594328 As fascinating as it would be, the inclusion of a seventh element at this point would be impossible without completely rewritting the continuity of FiM. Because "Princess Twilight Sparkle" had the elements returned to The Tree of Harmony, and never once did it show any signs of a seventh element exisiting.

Frankly, I'd sooner have him join the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Kid needs to hang out with ponies his own age.

Comment posted by TheAmazingPeanuts deleted Mar 14th, 2015

You don't really know Spike's age.

No, but we do know his age in relation to the Mane Six (they are his age + roughly the current age of the CMC) and we also have an idea of the age difference between the Mane Six and the CMC. (Can't be much less than ten years, since Rarity was fully grown when Sweetie Belle was five, suggesting she was at least in her mid teens.) And finally we know that when Spike was born, the Mane Six were considerably older than five.

So if you take the age of the M6 and subtract the age of the CMC, you get Spike's age. Meaning that the closer in age you have Spike be to the M6, the younger you have to make the CMC, who must still be older than five. So, for starters, it's impossible for Spike to be less than six years younger than the Mane Six, and I seriously doubt the CMC are only six years old. Furthermore, the age you use for the M6 subtracted with five must be both the age difference between them and the CMC, and high enough to match the age of a fully grown pony.

I mean, you can run your own headcanon ages through the calculation and see what you come up with. I personally find it works out best if Spike and the CMC are somewhere in the 10-12 area and the Mane Six are in their low twenties. That means Rarity was around 15-17 when Sweetie Belle was 5, and 8-10 when she got her cutie mark.

Besides, you know, the Mane Six do kinda treat Spike as a kid. I mean, they clearly don't consider him to be in their own age group.

Comment posted by TheAmazingPeanuts deleted Mar 14th, 2015

All we need is for them to keep spike consistent. Keep him on the same level like he was on Lesson Zero and on Crystal Empire and we're good.

1594328 Resolve is a good one. In Rainbow wasn't loyalty I think that would be his.

3895599 You just blew my mind!:pinkiehappy::derpytongue2:
And I agree, Spike could be hope, cause in the show, he did show hope for his friends to win and come back save.

1594491 Three things.
One: You should make an story on this shit.
Two: He better than dash for loyalty. I mean, he get hurt alot in cannon. I would have abandon Twilight an long time ago.
Three: I recall 'secret of my excess' what that?

No, I don't think he's the seventh element! I think he's ALL the elements!

I mean if you think about it, he has mastered every Element of Harmony in his episodes! Loyalty to Twilight and his friends, generosity in Secret of my Excess, honesty towards his friends when they're not themselves like in Lesson Zero or Inspiration Manifestation, kindness towards Ember and Thorax when everyone thought they were just hateful by nature, and his sarcasm and snarkiness is basically laughter!

Not really.
Spike could just end up "creating" it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37