The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 70 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 70
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It seems to work out pretty well if I post these the previous night, so I'll keep doing that, I think. This is the official thread for the latest episode, called "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows".

That's kinda a strange title, actually. What does Pinkie Pie know? Does she know the real story behind that little strong filly from the last episode?

Well, she probably knows a lot of things, actually. I guess we'll have to watch to see what she actually knows in this episode...

--Sweetie Belle

4785334 What she knows has to do with Shining and Cadence.

I wonder what it could be?
it's not like there was an image or anything that might've foreshadowed it

The title is a reference to Friends. All the episode titles in that show have the phrase "The One" joined with the word "Where" or "With" at the beginning.

4785334 You have no idea how hard I'm resisting the urge to post a clip from Doctor Who. Specifically, the one where Jack the Ripper says "The Doctor has a secret, you know." :P

4785341 Not the one where River says "Spoilers!"?

4785342 Nah, that one's overused.

4785341 The doctor has a secret he will take to his grave. It is discovered.

4785356 Pinkie discovered his favorite type of cake. Oh, and something about his name.

4785357 His name is ♥♪!?

Tell you what she doesn't know: how to keep the damn fourth wall in one piece!

4785334 THERE'S GON BE A BABEH!!

Pinkie knows where the bodies are buried.

Its gonna be hard to take that secret to a grave since he refuses to die.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Shining Armor's pregnant?

--Sweetie Belle

4785422 Sure, let's go with that.:raritywink:

Maybe she'll finally tell us how she got her cutie mark! :pinkiegasp:

His name is ∂³∑x² . Seriously. (Okay, it may not be canon anymore, but it was at one point.)

4785431 Did you even get my reference?

Nope. And the Google has failed me; it doesn't like symbols. :fluttercry:

4785434 It's Geno's real name from Super Mario RPG.

4785422 Fairly Odd Ponies for the win :rainbowdetermined2:

That Pumpkin Cake mimicking. We need GIFs of it.

Edit: Oh, gosh. Pinkie is in top form today!

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

Ah man, I thought for the longest time that this episode was called, "The One With Pinkie Pie's Nose."
I was expecting a whiffy romp with a scent of olfactive action.
0/10

"I know the bar is set pretty high, but was Pinkie Pie acting weirder than normal?"

Oh Dash, I love your snark. :D

-Lumino

Unexpected horror sequence! Yay… I think? :applejackconfused:

Shining Armor Nerd Confirmed. I liked that comic arc.

-Lumino

And now we know that Saturday exists in Equestria.

So, best Pinkie episode ever? Best Pinkie episode ever.

Ending seemed a bit underwhelming, but it's OK for a SoL episode. I just felt like the episode was a lot of build up, and then the ending was kind of "Oh... OK."

-Lumino

I assume you're thinking about it in terms of building up to Shining and Cadance's announcement? Because the way I see it, the focus of the episode was on Pinkie's struggle to keep it in, not the announcement itself.

I'm aware of that. That doesn't excuse the jarring narrative, though. The entire episode was designed around a crescendo. Constant build up of stress and pressure, until finally leading to an explosive release.

I'll pause a minute while everyone gets their mind out of the gutter.

But Pinkie's explosion at the end just didn't feel like enough to be suitable resolution. Sure it was nice, but it didn't feel like a resolution equal to the build up.

-Lumino

Cadance doesn't look pregnant. Either it's really early, or they don't do it that way. (Magical pregnancy alternatives can be fun!)

I thought the resolution was fine. Of course, given the over-the-top nature of Pinkie Pie in general, it's hard to get the singular release to match an episode of her style of buildup.

First off, congratulations to Shining and Cadence! I am just glad that they didn't go cheap and give it to us right off the bat, but allow her to be pregnant.

By the way, before I give my thoughts, did you guys see it? It was during the zoom out.

Look

Its Dinky, sitting with her mother! YES!!!!!

Anyway, I loved the comedy in this episode, it felt like GM wanted to torture Pinkie Pie. I also loved the sibling moments between Shinging and Twilight (Those who have seen my writing knows I am a sucker for this). Although, I think Shining needs to work on his "Keeping surprises in" mentality, he seems to like doing that. I am surprised that he didn't wait until Cadence was in the delivery room before telling Twilight. And though I loved the episode and laughed my butt off, I can't help but feel like this would be better if this wasn't aired just after the CMC getting their marks. Its like putting in a big event right after something world changing.

Its like this, say if in Flash, they revealed who Zoom was, and then revealed Barry was going to get married to Iris. You are going be focusing on the show changing event more! But, still, nice move for first timer GM. IT was hilarious, and now to wait...I want to name it Valient Shield, only because I love Kiala's verse.

4785334 Made me laugh harder than I have in a few weeks.

*bulldozes Mane 6* IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE FURNITURE STORE!

They showed Applejack as a baby. I think that we have seen more of AJ's youth than any of the others.

4786006 Yeah, I personally didn't really understand why Shining Armor would keep such a thing secret from his sister. I mean, he even told The Mayor before telling his sister.

I think its either a family habbit, or he just really like trolling his sister.

4785943 We already knew about Tuesday.

Fun stuff. I'm largely in this show for the character comedy, and this one delivered [rimshot]
Expected a bit more play with some of the elements, especially the birth certificate, though—Like, "THAT'S your middle name!?" or something? I like my MLP bursting with jokes, dammit.

He didn't, though; the mayor was just bluffing because she wanted a secret to keep, like, in general.

4786208 4786213
I… really don't see what you're going on about. Shining Armor set up an entire party to tell his sister. With a cake and everything. What did you want him to do? Send an impersonal note?

4786282 I would've expected him to fill his sisterin as soon as Cadence became pregnant, not wait until he could come down to Ponyville and throw a party.

4786230 Indeed. And now we have even more reason to believe that the names of each day of the week in Equestria are the same as real life.

4786287 Maybe Saturn was a deity or royalty in ancient Equestria.

4786288 And Thor. Which makes sense, with all the influence Norse mythology has on the show's lore.

4786291 It's mainly the Greek and Roman mythologies, but there's definitely some others.

…Really? Remember last time, when Twilight was upset that she learned the news from a letter? For all we know, Shining Armor and Cadance got the news and immediately sent out the request to the Cakes. Or is an extra day in order to tell her in person too long? Honestly, you're complaining about nothing.

Edit: To be absolutely clear: The complaint Twilight had last time had nothing to do with being one of the last to know. It had to do with the impersonal manner in which she was given the news.

4786296 No, the Norse influence is quite prominent. Not quite as blatant as the others, but it's the most integral to the show overall.

4786245 She's a politician. What secret wouldn't she have?
4786307 4786286 You would think Shining Armor would've learnt after the wedding. No, let's keep her in the dark for a bit for the sake of a surprise and risk being brainwashed by changelings again.

On another note, Shining and Cadance did birdz & beez :rainbowkiss:

The entire episode was about them coming over to tell her. I… I give up. Have fun with your blatant misinterpretation that makes a character out to be doing the exact opposite of what he's actually doing. :facehoof:

4786447 I know he meant it to be special. But there's a thought in the back of my head that keeps coming around that these announcements should come quicker, as the fate of Equestria might hang in the balance, like last time.

If Twilight had learned about the engagement sooner, she wouldn't have been primed to be suspicious when she met ‘Cadance’. Perhaps it was a good thing that she learned of it late. :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 70