The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48

Sorry I'm late. I wanted to sleep in today. Hopefully the new episode was good, because here's where you'll be discussing it! Remember, if you have entered this realm, you should be aware of the spoilers.

Thank you! =]

4283792 Applebloom finally gets a visit from Luna.

Why is she so interested in these 3 fillies?

it was nice!

though, i kinda knew how it would go all the way up till the end:heart:

I think because of all the fillies in Ponyville and maybe Equestria as a whole, they relate to her more than anypony else.

Chefaloo!

Who's to say it's only them she visits? It might be that she does that for everypony.

That 'shadow' was SO CREEPY. Holy shit.

4283794 Maybe she isn't, but we only see her interacting with those 3 because we're interested in the CMC?

Also, Luna can make shared dreams!:yay:

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

But now who will protect Ponyville from deadly insect infestations?

Also hope for Octavia talking and Sweetie Belle getting her cutie mark this season fleeting...:pinkiesad2:

4283800 True, but the episode made it seem like these three were the only ones she visited that night.

I always imagined that the Equestrian dreamscape was a big, glowing void with a bunch of doors. Not it's canon.

4283804 Hmm, I didn't get that impression at all.

Why is she so interested in these 3 fillies?

Because now her fun can become triple.

I have no regrets!

i predicted that a long time ago

that Luna resides mostly in a Dream Realm in which she rules during an eternal night, and that all night time thoughts and dreams are linked directly to her mind.

My headcanon says that in this realm, Luna is Omniscient, Omnipresent, and Omnipotent. She's basically God there.

lol, most likely

4283812 Maybe i'm just overthinking this again

4283792 So luna can make shared dreams
Sweetie Belle's talent is singing
Scootaloo doesn't like baking
good episode

4283804 Seeing how many doors she has, I'm guessing she is pretty overworked sometimes. xD
And much like Scoots, she can't really interfere unless dreams get out of control. Compared to Scootaloo's dream and Sweetie Belle's, Apple Bloom had a rather normal dream all the way through.

Apple Bloom's anxiety and insecurities were all shown in stages there, the first rant before the lullaby set that whole thing up. Apple Bloom's inner demons basically went full tilt to show her just how wrong Apple Bloom could be about doesn't matter what cutie mark one gets.

It wasn't until the end where Apple Bloom was starting to feel tormented that Luna stepped in to help. She has been shown to be repelled out of ponies dreams if they don't want her there or their anxieties are too high and out of their control. All Luna can do is banish nightmare creatures and other things that grow from their fears.

Those born of fear seem to have much more strength and have a higher priority. I imagine Luna tends to be the Emergency Room of Night Guardians. xD

Either way, nothing solid, but I'm pretty sure Luna visits many foals and adults even to make sure her ponies are safe. AB was still in the general safety zone.

That's my take on it at least. She's a busy princess who likely fights real monsters on top of dream ones. xD

4283837 RR isn't canon to the show and background ponies tend to change like all the time. We'll have to wait and see how Octavia sounds, if she even keeps the same VA or acts remotely the same as her human counterpart.

So I guess they fixed the dangling issue of that Babs can never be on the show bit by just mentioning her as having gotten her cutie mark and thus no longer a crusader. lol You know, despite AB not wanting to stop being a crusader even after she gets her cutie mark I found that last scene hilarious.

Does this mean Babs just said "Screw you losers! Club DISBANDED! Why? 'CAUSE I GOT MY CUTIE MARK! Hahahaha!" or something?

Babs creator doesn't work for the show anymore, which was why we didn't get Derpy in S3 until Amy came back to work on the finale. Probably sure that Hasbro either bought her rights or Amy just gave it to them because it sounds like Derpy is officially part of the actual show world now, I suppose.

Babs was a one-shot sadly, the instant recruitment was tricky since they had so little room to make her likable for Bully Week which aired on the final day of Bully Week. Which is why we got a follow up episode to 'resolve' Babs Seed's storyline I guess. Much like Trixie. -_-

I for one hope to see Babs and Trixie again someday in the show. Wonder how that'd play out?

In a land where magical butt stamps determine your destiny, a bit of anxiety is to be expected. Cute episode. I liked it.

Well, Luna has now visited the three fillies across three seasons. Pretty cool, but I admit I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. I'd also say this is the first Apple Family episode I really liked, so well done in that respect.

Also, adorable Luna is adorable.

"Cutie marks aren't an issue after 100 or so years.."
"Oh wait you don't live that long.. nevermind"

Does this mean Babs just said "Screw you losers! Club DISBANDED! Why? 'CAUSE I GOT MY CUTIE MARK! Hahahaha!" or something?

If anything, it means that the girls kicked her out of the club because she got her cutie mark, which was never really smoothed over in spite of the Care Package idea. It probably goes with fillies being fillies, but if they were mature about it, they'd keep the club going after getting their own cutie marks as a crusade to help all ponies get their cutie marks. Otherwise, what started as a noble goal turns rather selfish.

I loved the part where Apple Bloom's face appeared on her own flank and winked at her. That was priceless.

I think some are going to be upset that the Vinyl and Octavia cameo was for this episode instead of an actual Sweetie Belle one. It Was All A Dream = Not Canon, muahahahaha! :trollestia:

Ultimately, this episode was chock full of fanfic ideas if one wanted to get writing... We've already got the Babs x Snips shippers sailing and the Babs = Sweeney Todd grimdark.

The mysterious stranger in the dream was linked to Apple Bloom, but come on, anyone who started watching MLP at 10:00 and went through all four S5 episodes this morning was thinking Starlight Glimmer.

Twittermites. Some of the best poses and faces, plus total Ghostbusters parody in spots. And the exterminator sounded nothing like Goldie Delicious. :applejackconfused:

The Apple potion was a nice red herring, and everyone wanted Big Mac to have some good speaking lines, right? Yeah, no "Take That" from the writers in this episode.

One more thing... APPLE BLOOM IS PEST PONY!

I loved the part where Apple Bloom's face appeared on her own flank and winked at her. That was priceless.

I was banking on that being a Diamond Tiara Cutie Mark since the lullaby. DHX done trolled me! xD

But she STILL got that pony on a pony's flank cutie mark. lol Apple Blooms a narcissist! xD

Oh and that quoted part you did there was me referring to her Manehattan branch, not the Ponyville original one. See, in S3, Babs told AB about how she established a CMC branch in Manehattan. So, with her getting her cutie mark, does that mean Babs left the others to their own devices or stuck around? Did the others shun her?

The part above that line of thinking was about how Apple Bloom was a bit hypocritical about her worry of not being able to be a crusader anymore, yet talks already about Babs essentially having been booted from association with the club! lol THAT part was ironic. XD

Apple Bloom is a bit of an air head. She tunnels more on her own wants then what's really there. Sweetie and Scoots are enjoying the ride, but AB can only focus on the cutie mark getting aspect, like what caused her to do something foalish back in Cutie Pox.

And I totally agree, this epoisode not only injected tons of fandom tropes and worries, AB projecting the fandom and her own anxieties, but has a ton of juicy fanfic potential! In fact, look forward to some upcoming fanfic coming out soon. XD

The many poses in the episode were adorable. I spotted tons of new angles they haven't used in previous seasons. Like DT rolling on her side was actually super cute. And Apple Bloom was just hella fun the way she sees them. Diamond's laugh able to almost bowl her over. SS talking to lady bugs was cute.

And yes, that Octi and Scratch dream sequence. Can't say I'm not surprised. It was way too weird to see Rarity judging a singing competition with her sister being a contender.

Best parts for me was Apple Bloom's 'mysterious' shadow throughout the episode. Such a callback to the Story of The Blanks vibe for a bit there. But yeah, that sorta somewhat re-enforces the notion that as much as any pony has the potential to become an alicorn (as of G.M. Berrow's hasbro sponsored book), that they all have just as much chance for becoming Nightmares.

Nightmare Bloom. We sorta got a glimpse of that. She goes around stealing marks or replacing them. Devouring a pony's identity. lol Reminds me of a certain Halloween horror movie villain I forgot the name of that takes peoples' skin to wear as his own.

Whoa. That escalated quickly.

Fine episode. And it really did turn out best this season. :3
More interesting than last weeks anyways.

Comment posted by Julia deleted Apr 18th, 2015

4284240 There's something about cutie marks I've been thinking about long before this episode and this episode solidifies it in an indirect way. What this episode is saying is a cutie mark is a manifestation of who you are, not the other way around. We've seen in the Cutie Pox episode that cutiemarks do contain some ability to control a pony's talent. The core of a talent may be fused into a pony at birth, and the cuitemark manifests when the talent is fine tuned, focused, and realized.

On anther note, cutie marks see like they fix your place into society for you. The pest pony immediately thought Applebloom could do pest work with her cutiemark, but Applejack didn't think so when she lost it. Granted, it was in a anxiety-fueled dream so it may be different from real life. but it may suggest ponies are quick to assume cutie marks determine a pony's role in society.

For instance, in a fic I'm writing, Lyra has a backstory in which she was kicked out of her orchestra because another pony came that could play the lyre better than Lyra. This puts Lyra in a tough position as lyre playing abilities aren't exactly in high demand. She can't get other work either because ponies see her lyre cutie mark and assume they can find other ponies more suited to the jobs they're hiring for. So cutie marks may make it hard for a pony to enter other job markets.

4283792 Now it looks like ALL of the CMC have gotten their visit from Luna, and all from different seasons. Scootaloo got her visit from Luna in Season 3, Sweatie's in 4, and now Applebloom's in 5. This season is so far so good

4283792 Kinda hated it. To it's credit, I had finished Cowboy Bebop literally two seconds before I watched it.

It had a lot to live up to.

It was gonna have to carry that weight.

And it didn't.

They're the blood kin or best younger friends of three of the Mane Six. Plus, they accidentally provided Discord the final energy required for his release, if you recall?

So I guess they fixed the dangling issue of that Babs can never be on the show bit by just mentioning her as having gotten her cutie mark and thus no longer a crusader. lol You know, despite AB not wanting to stop being a crusader even after she gets her cutie mark I found that last scene hilarious.

Actually, Babs was also in "Apple Family Reunion."

4283792 This was a trippy episode. It was like David Lynch's Inception which is awesome. Babs is going to be a serial killer with that scissor cutie mark

I already wrote a fic in which Babs mugs ponies threatening them with a knife, so after hearing "Babs is good at cutting stuff" line I was like, "what?"

I was banking on that being a Diamond Tiara Cutie Mark since the lullaby. DHX done trolled me! xD

I now imagined Apple Bloom with Diamond Tiara cutie mark and Diamond Tiara stalking her. Apple Bloom runs away to that forest and gets rid of a cutie mark only to find out that Diamond Tiara is waiting for her, wearing sexy underwear and lying on a big pile of apples. Then Apple Bloom discovers that without her cutie mark she can't do Diamond Tiara...

I for one hope to see Babs and Trixie again someday in the show. Wonder how that'd play out?

I hope they do it MustLoveFrogs' style:

See, in S3, Babs told AB about how she established a CMC branch in Manehattan. So, with her getting her cutie mark, does that mean Babs left the others to their own devices or stuck around? Did the others shun her?

Yeah, that's the episode I was references. Where Babs wanted to talk about how she set up her own branch in Manehattan.

Shame we hear Braeburn is AJ's fav cousin, but we don't get to see or hear much at all about him.

But yeah, just mentioning more how they wrote Babs off the show since they can't bring her back. Sucks, I wanted her to stay in Ponyville for a few more episodes to not 180 her so fast. She was a really cute character, and added that 3v3 dynamic of Earth Pony Master race vs the CMC. xD

I now imagined Apple Bloom with Diamond Tiara cutie mark and Diamond Tiara stalking her. Apple Bloom runs away to that forest and gets rid of a cutie mark only to find out that Diamond Tiara is waiting for her, wearing sexy underwear and lying on a big pile of apples. Then Apple Bloom discovers that without her cutie mark she can't do Diamond Tiara...

And then it was written. :rainbowlaugh:

And yes, that would have been cool. But I doubt they're going to go anthro anytime soon :P (I kid. The concept of those two being actual lasting friends is pretty sweet.)

Damn, it's like the second fic I have to write after that episode and I didn't even like it that much...

Also, the very idea of Trixie running a theatre class is so amusing it has to be written.

Because Luna is making them into her own students and reserve Element team just in case the mane six ever get beaten.

I loved this eppie, rom the use of the dreams to the sweet Applejack sibs moments. I love the fun of it and some of the creepier moments, with a nice moral to boot. But my only big complete is that...

We didn't get Babs! I wanted to see our other crusader pop up and say hi or at least her own particular nightmare so we could meet her again.

Although I realize that I know have to get that CMC fic I had been planning out on this site before they beat me to it.

Calling it now for the Season finale!

Starlight Glimmer returns and steals EVERYONE's cutie mark.

The CMC stop her, save the day with possibly Luna's help and earn their cutie marks in the process.

That would be awesome, and make more sense than most of the episodes in this season so far.

In the middle of watching it. Did the CMC VAs change their techniques, or different VAs? They don't sound the same as last season

4286818 I have now decided to have Babs in a future prequel story that I will write later. She will be on of Pinkamena's henchmares

4287100 tbh i hope they finish her off mid-season or something and then have Grogar the Necromancer return as a big villain, just like how Tirek did.

4283794 Here's my thoughts on why

Come little fillies, come with me,
Safe and happy you will be,
Away from home now let us run,
With Luna you'll have so much fun,
Oh little fillies please don't cry,
Luna wouldn't hurt a fly,
Be free to frolick,
Be free to play,
Come with me to a castle to stay,
Oh little fillies, please don't squirm,
These spells I know will hold you firm,
Now look to me my magic calls,
Back and forth your eyelids fall,
Oh little fillies you can not leave,
For you your families will grieve,
Minds unraveling at the seems,
Allowing me to haunt their dreams,
Do not wail and do not weep,
It's time for you to go to sleep,
Little fillies you were not clever,
Now you'll stay with me forever

...anyone else see this guy as some sort of "Space Quest" Roger Wilco equivalent?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48