The Writers' Group 9,291 members · 56,394 stories
Comments ( 78 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 78

I'm asking about stories, that has like thousands of views, yet they are so horrible that people use them as examples of "how you don't want to become popular". I'm not talking about the topic of the story so (despite my disgust), Princess Molestia and Cupcakes doesn't count. Something with a huge red bar, maybe.

3275030 Well there's a number of them really, but I don't remember any sadly. :ajsleepy:

3275038 Is this the last page of the browse function ordered by rating? None of them seem to have thousands of views.

Indeed it is. Just scroll untill you find some with high views. Click on previous to get more of them.

3275030 I would have to say this little train wreck. Not only because of the abysmal quality of the writing, but also the way the author handled the negative feedback. A cemetery, as some would say. Sure, I've deleted a few comments myself on occasion, and I've seen a lot of authors do the same, but never of this magnitude :facehoof:

3275030 Try my little unicorn: magic is believing. Got something like 10 likes and 350 dislikes.

3275054 My Little Unicorn: Magic is Believing is winning so far with ~4000 views and ~350 downvotes / 10 upvotes.

3275060 I knew it. Couldn't make it past chapter 4

I did a Rage Review on a chapter of that story...

IT was awful...

Is it weird if I suddenly have a huge interest in reading it? :twilightoops:

No, most people want to experience death before actually going through it. :twilightsmile:

Heh, they are all wimps! I have been through all 3 parts, both movies and more.

3275136 You reached the end? I tried, but failed utterly.

3275241 What can I say, years of watching the Critic and MST3K have giving me a high constitution.

I did a Rage Review on a chapter of that story...

IT was awful...

I did a review on the whole thing. I would only recommend it if you have severe hatred for yourself and you have no interest in keeping your sanity.

By the way, I read that review. Many of the points that you brought up are good points that I missed. And I really enjoyed your take on it. :pinkiehappy:

Some other stories you could look into are Gainbow Dash, The Tail of Prince Martiln Willis, The Incesters
, The Rape of Equestria, My little Fluttershy, Swift Swap comes to Ponyville, The Dashing Story., Spike's Confession, The Death and Ressurection of Shining Armor

These may or may not be stories you are looking for, but I hope this helps a little.

Well, thank you! I tried... hard. Like, no I'm not kidding I had to force myself to read and then force further to write that damned thing. I mean holy hell, how can something like that exist?

Anyway, I'm interested in that you did a review of the whole thing. Should you still have a link or source, I'd like to see :rainbowkiss: Cuz I stopped reading after my assigned chapter.

3275541 Of course. I'm posting it right now. That way you don't have to suffer your sanity to get the insanity. :raritywink:

Also, I'll be doing a review on chapter 16 when it gets that far. Be on the lookout for that one too. :pinkiehappy:

3275343 One of the main issues I have with Spike's Confession, is that it's extremely rushed. But what do I know. I've done the same thing. The story has a good plot, but needs more detail and grammar fixed.

3275559 And that's what is sad about most stories. The premise is actually really well done, but the execution leaves something to be desired.

Oh my god.... I can't~I don't even!

The comments on all these stories mentioned so far have made my day for the next fucking week.

3275563 I took a few of mine down for a major rewrite, and they've done somewhat better. Not 500 likes, but If I get over 20 likes on a story, that's good enough for me.

3275569 Nice. :pinkiehappy: That's a good goal to shoot for.

3275564 Be glad you aren't reading them, friend.

Well reading the actual story is terrible, the comments at least have better grammar!

3275030 Cupcakes? Dusks Dawn? I know I'm new to this but the notoriety of those stories were made known to me before I joined the fandom. I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned them.

3275030 Cheerilee's Garden isn't that great. Mostly it's gross. But its sequel, Scarlet Harvest, is just plain AWFUL.
If you don't have a strong stomach, I would recommend against reading either story. But if you want a pretty good idea of what happens, you can read this.

3275585 If the comments have better grammar than the story, that's when you know it has serious problems.

My god, tell me about it...

120 Days Of Blue Blood. Rated Mature Sex. If you watch the ANY pony review it, you'd understand.

3276409 You got to check out that story it has alot more dislikes than likes and it is a very messed up story

That immediately went to Plan 9: 2.

3276408 Oh you've GOT to be kidding me! Really? A pony version of- really?

Gaaaaah! Dammit! Just- just gaaaaah!

3276412 Oh, there was a story linked in? Your whole comment was so green I thought you're just trolling.

The winner is still My Little Unicorn: Magic is Believing, although 120 Days of Blueblood has more views.

Plan 9? You know, the group?

3276418 Yes it does exist a pony version of The Human Centipede

3276427 I'll take your word for it.

Gaaaaaaah.......

3276435 I wonder if there is a pony version of A Serbian Film, Where The Dead Go To Die, and Begotten too?

DH7

This sort of thing goes against my persona convictions. There are quite a few people who write a bad story on purpose, but I don't feel comfortable with dragging an amateur's work into the spotlight for ridicule. Eventually you end up publicly humiliating a nine-year-old.

I will sometimes comment on the negative aspects of a fic that I like. If I want to give an example of bad writing, I can just as easily type blind-folded, inserting lavender alicorns and sapphire eyes all over the place. I don't need to showcase a real person's writing.

3276447 Since there are minimal quality requirements on having your story published, I assume that the most horrible fictions are intentionally written horrible to get all the attention possible, therefore bringing them to spotlight results good laughs from our side, and success from their side.

3276439 I wouldn't be surprised if there was a pony Sallo.

And don't you DARE send me link!

3276462 I never heard of Sallo before but if I find pony version of Sallo I will give it to you. And probably there is a pony version of Eraserhead too

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 78