Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 86
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
August 2016
October 2016
November 2016

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them.

Previous Idea Threads for 2016
July
May and June
April
March
Feburary
January
Pre-2016 Thread
This as far back as we are digging for idea threads otherwise the list will be twenty miles long.

Elements of Harmonquest

Dan Harmon and his friends, at Gen Con, get displaced as the characters they played as in their tabletop roleplaying show HarmonQuest. Now they must find a way home while thwarting the Herald of Nightmare Moon

A brony goesas rule 63 chrysalis to convention and arrives pre-season 1 time, a week before, when he get there he just becomes chrysalis, and need to deal with being a changeling queen in the favorite place every brony likes to spawn, the everfree.

5407044 dude goes to con in a bear suit... gets sent to Equestria as Yogi bear

Solarkness
Group Contributor

Person A gets Displaced into Universe C.
C is the Nightmare Moon-timeline.
Person B gets Displaced into Universe A.
A is the Sombra-timeline.
Person C gets Displaced into Universe B.
B is the Tantabus-wins-timeline.

Person A (Pacifist) tries to live a normal life, hidden from Nightmare Moon because he fears her.
Person B (Warrior) joins the war against Sombra, playing a crucial role in beating Sombra back.
Person C (Wiseass) is traumatised.

Why is this one story-idea? These three can only call upon eachother. A pacifist, a warrior and a wiseass have to help eachother overcome their foes. Good luck.

Zorua

found by luna
derailed nightmare moon timeline where she won 1000 years ago
no petrafication
luna friend
celestia ok
at start lv 5
might evolve
slice of life
no dark

Many character options from this game:

Three people go dressed up as their DnD characters, an Archae who isnt evil, a Heronblood (perhaps a peacock?) mage that lacks functional wings, but is able to glide (those claws are good for climbing however, letting them get to high points easier) and a Crickori Druid who likes stealth, speed, and isnt too shabby with daggers.
when they wake up in equestria, they have to deal with their new appearences, powers, and, for the Archae, the urge to eat the Crickori
and stuff, thats all i can think of

ehh I plan to write this some day but, a man buys a coin with the US army symbol from act of aggression on the internet and when it arrives and he is Taken to equestria. He awakens in his base away from everybody and must build up forces before the other nations find him.
(also its in the Civil war timeline which means NLR vs. SE vs. USAA)

Maes Hughes. There need to be a fic for this character! :rainbowkiss:

I imagine him being a recruit as he just arrived and Celestia is introducing him to little Twilight. He cooes at the cuteness of her, and declares himself her uncle. I can imagine declaring himself Cadance's uncle as well, not to mention that he could Shining Armor's best friend, considering Shining is lacking friends in the series! Teasing would commence with Hughes trying to bring Shining into a relationship. Maybe even organizing a date for Shining, explaining to him it would be a normal troop inspection and Shining cursing his name as soon as he sees Cadance with a romantic candlelit dinner! :rainbowkiss:

World would best fit to be anthro, considering Hughes will want a kid. Not sure who he will date though. Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, or maybe Starlight Glimmer? I can imagine him making one of these uncomfortable with his expression for love! :rainbowlaugh: And also a point for this: Tsundere Romance! :rainbowkiss:

hmmm a sailormoon (orignial anime) where a group of girls and four guys cosplaying the sailor senshi tuxedo mask and the starlights are sent to equestria (anthro version) where they must help protect equis against the changelings and the negaverse led by queen beryl and queen chrystalis

set during s5 and continues after stranger than fanfiction genres humor anthro human adventre alt universe romance sex for containing yuri between uranus and neptune and interspecies yuri human girls and ponies some nudity mild clop mild gore and violence

Random thought. Some sort of Ghostbusters displaced(lots of options there).

"This bot has nuts of steel."

I'll be surprised if anyone knows who this is from the picture alone

Glitch from MetalArms.
Just don't do romance, he's a bot destroying machine so don't break out the joy lube.

Comment posted by catgc deleted Aug 12th, 2016

I just want to see someone do a Character from Dying Light

(Image bugged first time I commented)

CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME ACTUAL FUCKING IDEAS IN THESE THREADS AND NOT JUST THE RANDOM HEY LETS DO A CHARACTER BECAUSE I DIDNT PUT ANY THOUGHTS INTO IT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS ACTUALLY JUST A GARBAGE BIN!!

Rocksteady and Bebop. Why not could be fun.

This guy... Mr. Torgue from Borderlands 2

Why? Well, one, he's hilarious as hell. Two...

I think I rest my case.

Popped into my head either today or last night, can't remember which but... Well I have two ideas.

1. A guy/girl ends up in Equestria as Kirby and decides to conquer it. cue misadventures and stuff. or even an actual serious storyline of attempting to conquer equestria as the nigh-indestructable pink puffball I think it would be especially funny if it was a guy who didn't like anything cute or cuddly, which would then extend to himself, causing a cute pout/grump session anytime his own cuteness factor was brought up. maybe that's just me though...

2. guy/girl ends up in Equestria as Metaknight, and resolves to protect one or both of the princesses. Would probably be a misadventure fic or something, dunno.

Kinda wanna do these myself, but I have a tendency of starting a whole bunch of stories myself, and then sort of trailing off.... Mainly because I write as ideas pop into my head, rather than making any sort of outline to how the story should go. I take ideas and run with them, I don't stop and organize the archives. :twilightblush: :pinkiecrazy:

Anyways, might do these myself, but I figured I'd put them out there in the meantime, because it just seems too funny to keep to myself. :derpytongue2:

This guy would make a good displacer. Masakaki.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

Crackfic idea:

It starts off with the classic opening of a person going to a convention. The Main Character, however, is not in the dealer hall for any purchases that day. Rather, they have out their Nintendo 3DS and is Streeetpassing a shitload of cosplayers. Their Mii plaza climbs into the 800's - let's say they hit about 850 unique tags before their 3DS starts blinking red on both indicators. They pull out a portable battery they packed, along with a USB charger for the device [which Energizer actually makes] - and they quickly realizes their sibling [gender entirely up to the choosing by the author] has ran it empty playing Pokemon Go and put it back without recharging it.

Panicked, MC looks for an empty outlet but, as any 'Con veteran can attest to, all of the outlets have been taken. Worse, they are effectively marooned in the wrong end of the Dealer's Den in the middle of a massive crowd and way too far from the exit to get to an open outlet in time. He passes a dealer, openly panicking to himself, and the dealer calls him over. He offers to replenish the MC's 3DS battery with one of the outlets behind his booth, free of charge [badumtiss]. MC hesitates, but after glancing at his rapidly blinking 3DS finally accepts the offer. The dealer plugs it into the outlet, and tells them he'll keep it safe. He doesn't take an opportunity to try and push his wares on the MC, a choice the MC recognizes, is surprised at, and respects. When they come back a short while later, with no weird shit happening yet, the dealer greets hiim with his fully charged 3DS and a total of 858 Streetpass tags, the last one being the dealer's own Mii. As they walk away though, he goes to his home screen and gets a notification that there's new software added to the Home menu. They hadn't added their credit card to the eShop, so they assume it was a Spotpass thing and open the free software.

It is at this point where the proverbial shit hits the fan, and the displacement occurs.

It is also at this point where we learn that the MC had cosplayed as their Mii.

Regarding this Displaced and their 'rules':

*This 3DS works pretty much the same except for the addition of piece of software, the Displaced Mii Plaza. Whenever they meet a particular Displaced, they gain a Mii copy in their DMP. Opening the 'games' section of the software allows the MP to use Play Coins to summon a living copy of up to three Displaced Miis at a time, costing more coins the more often the original and the MC have met. In addition to costing more PC, the Mii's power increases proportionally. In order to contact/summon the actual Displaced, they have to use the OMiiverse app and message them.

*OMiiverse - Basically the same as the Miiverse app, but has Direct Message and Summon options

*The Displaced meeting the MC acquire a 3DS some predetermined time before the actual crossover. Their DMP works roughly the same way as the MC's.

*The MC also notices the addition of a small square-shaped object attached to the center of the 3DS' back, a wireless charger that charges the system by converting ambient magic into electricity.

*The MC acquires powers and skills available to Mii characters based on how long and which games they play. For instance, playing Smash Bros unlocks Gunner, Swordsman, and Brawler powers, playing Pilotwings unlocks various piloting knowledge, and so on. The MC also has a high-capacity SD card in the system that holds a vast library of games, which they have had before the Displacement.

Aaaand that's about it. What do you guys think? Any takers?

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5421943 WELL I JUST POSTED A REALLY FLESHED OUT IDEA. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT.

ALSO WHY ARE WE SHOUTING.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5427608 interesting and very good. more of this stuff pls.

also:

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5427666 You know, awhile back I also posted an idea on the official idea threads on how to kick off a Skele-Moon Displaced. Given the amount of detail I put into the build-up, I'm surprised no one has picked that up.

Solarkness
Group Contributor

Equestria Girls in: The Shadow Games...

The story takes place near the beginning of the third EQG Movie. A new game had started becoming popular all around the globe thanks to the new hologram machines created by the genius Mr. Pegasus and his Industrial Illusions company. Principal Celestia and Miss I-don't-know-her-name of Crystal Prep Academy has decided to use the new Duel Monsters game as the theme of the competition in their next Friendship Games.

Students from both schools are all excited for it and are all eager to test out their skills against each other. Things however get a little out of hand with the game. People are starting to use the game to settle any kind of disputes. Though some were happy that disagreements like these are being handled peacefully and with the least amount of violence, some are starting to notice that others were playing the game to the point of obsession

That wasn't really bad, though. There are people who play other games into obsessions. It wasn't anything new. But when summoned monsters materialize into real, physical beings that can interact and inflict pain on others, then there was definitely something going on with the game.

A little idea with a possible title to go along:

Equestria's guardian Angemon.

My story Idea that I'm currently writing is about a being displaced in Equestria as

You guessed it Ghostface but not just a normal person ghost face but ghostface with supernatural powers...

Coming soon: Black Sheep the displaced.

Comment posted by Solphestus deleted Aug 18th, 2016

Beetlejuice.
Beetlejuice.
Beetlejuice.

What more do I need to say.

Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend:

Cuz he's cool and hip. A guy ironically decides to dress up as a g3 rainbow dash instead of a g4 rainbow dash. He gets transported to equestria where he and rarity take over the fashion world. That's all I got.

Someone displaced as Richard from the web comic looking for group.

Three ideas.

Nilin from Remember Me:

Olimar:

Carmen Sandiego:

Krieg the Psycho from Borderlands 2:

However, there's a twist. Whoever is displaced turns out to be the voice in his head.

I had a silly idea for a displaced.

Anyway want to try a Endless space displaced?

That would not be a very long fic.

"Hey, wanna buy a pointless button?"

"Uhhhhh, sure?"

"Cool."

*Portal warp*

"Huh, where am I?"

"Oh hello little turtle. What's that on your back? It looks like a button."

"Turtle? Button? Wait, am I a..."

"I wonder what happens when I press it."

"Wait, nononononono-."

*click*

*BOOM!*

Okay, so while I was randomly thinking things over I realized something... with how the Multiverse is... Why the hell hasn't anyone done this?

Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite... I mean, with her tears... Come on now!

On another forum I frequent, it's become a bit of a trend to write Planetary Annihilation Self-Insert fanfics.

Planetary Annihilation is an Real-Time Strategy game where you control a self-replicating machine built by some long lost civilization called the Progenitors (or something like that). A PA Commander is capable of waging war across entire star systems.

I have several bookmarked and they all follow the same general formula.

#1 Guy gets scooped up by a ROB (Random Omnipotent Being/Bastard).
#2 Guy's mind/soul get uploaded into a PA Commander body.
#3 Guy's now got to use Progenitor hypertech bullshit to build an army, assimilate enemy tech, and curbstomp shit.
#4 Jump to a new world (usually either another RTS setting, or something sci-fi like Mass Effect or Star Wars) and rinse & repeat.

Now I want to see a PA Commander land in Equestria.

Like the Guy ends up in the Everfree. He has no idea where he is. But being stuck in a Commander body, he does what every self-respecting PA Commander does.

"Somewhere on a backwater planet, a Commander builds a metal extractor."

Guy gets himself started on his economy of metal and energy, builds a factory to start manufacturing basic units, and then the Mane 6 show up wondering what all the commotion is.

Cue Guy having a breakdown when he realizes he's on a world with no advanced tech to steal and no enemies to fight. Worse he has no designs for a transport device to get him off the planet. So he's pretty much stuck there. A self-replicating weapon of war on a galactic scale...with no actual war to fight.

Although I imagine a story like this would end up following the same path as Nfire's story "Legacy" where a BOLO (pretty much a PA Commander with tank treads and a strong moral code) awakens on Equestria and becomes it's greatest protector. Not that that's a bad thing mind you. I loved that story.

Hey uh... I just realized something... It's September, yet we're posting in the August idea thread... Should this be August and September then?

Also... since this an idea thread

Tsuna Sawada from Katenkyo Hitman Reborn

Someone should do a Displaced Kirby Fic, cause that Pink Puff is awesome. Or at least humanized.

Also, I'm going to spew some Displaced Monster Hunter Monsters Idea whether anyone likes it or not. How about a Rathian or a Rathalos

5493058 There are already a Kirby and a Monster Hunter fic... But I think the Kirby fic could do a bit better...

As for suggesstions... well, Look here.

This guy looks too badass to pass up

I got plenty of Ideas, weird or not. Also, I never played Overwatch, so no thanks.
I actually have one more spawned from my brain for anyone and just for until next month. Has anyone attempt to do a Displaced 'Super Solver'?
This is what he looks like:
[img]http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/super_solver_4694.png

Why no one done a Mad Max Equestria?

REPOSTED HERE BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THE SEPTEMBER ONE.

Here's a fun idea:

A pacifist gets Displaced as this guy:

And can't use his power because again: he's a pacifist.

But he typically has no choice. (because that would make for a boring story indeed)

sosuke aizen with the hogyoku. I have seen some bleach characters but not an aizen one.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 86