Displaced 4,422 members · 1,268 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44

Hello and welcome to March 2016's Idea Thread! Please post your ideas for stories here and not in their own thread! Bonus points for thorough and original ideas!

5081515 So...just make up any ideas? Any at all?

Yeah, as always. Just a place for unused ideas to die in peace.
Make it as detailed as possible, please.

5081521 Well...um...not really sure how to explain things but has anyone ever tried to do something with Tales of Symphonia? There are plenty of good characters that have potential in this kind of thing right?

5081515 I was thinking that Space Engineers might be interesting, even though I have no idea how to write a good story for it.

Hollowed hills... small town near border that actually has its own border guard but it doesn't guard the border the towns near no the guards actually guard the towns border. Why some of you might ask the answer is rather simple the fabric of reality in that town is frayed, torn and ripped literally in places, worse then the Everfree forest after discords defeat, worse then living at the border to underworld. The reason for this is simple, anything can happen and does happen more often then even in the disaster prone town of Ponyville, as such the name Hollowed hills isn't just a metaphor almost every home in that town has a bunker in a hill or somewhere underground and those that don't either are new and make friends fast or don't make them at all. Wisely most do, usually because the process to actually move there is rather strenuous by the crown's orders.. given that the crown doesn't even guard the border near the town against other nations and the nearby nation litterly threw up a stone wall and are still continually reinforcing it.

yes Hollowed hills is not a place for the unprepared though some over confident and brave souls come, even a few from other nations most either flee suffering or never whole from what they see or don't make it to escape. Still the small town has a generational family's hardened by years and taught by elders.. though even experienced family's are not impervious to all that comes. But to those that wish to prove there strength or earn a hard living, prepare yourself body, mind and soul, fill your will and ready for Hollowed Hills it is not a place to be taken lightly... when anything can and will happen you can never quite be prepared and if you meet someone sane from hollow hills be respectful even if they do have 'odd quirks' else you might make an enemy the survived nightmares that broke most souls.

just a story idea, based a bit on lethal version of gravity falls with some potentially seriously odd & or awesome people, and many, many possibilities.. personally I'd like to see something like this with The Gamer rule set but if anyone wants to use it customize it how you wish I leave a starting point for you to modify or remake how you wish.

How about a starcraft zeratul

Elder Maxson from fallout 4

Ad Victrum

Apart from JSyrin, has anyone else involved with Displaced read Worm?

If so, How about some poor shmuck and his/her significant other (optional) go to Equestria as Zion and Eden (latter is again, optional). (Think emotionally immature, nth dimensional, metallically colored space whales made of fucking superpowers that harvest inahbited planets for energy to stave off the heat death of the universe.) Turns out, Doormaker's or Clairvoyant's shards are nowhere to be found...A third Entity, possibly named Abbadon (is that fanon? Just from Copacetic?) probably has those, and there's no Displaced representing him. The Elements of Harmony can be explained away as ancient, low-maintenance Tinkertech designed to simulate a very powerful Master/Breaker/Blaster combo, and were possibly created by a wielder of the shard whose purpose is to replicate superhuman abilities (or superequine) that in Worm, was held by the Tinker named Hero (blatant Iron Man expy, except he died permanently.) Classifying ponies and non-ponies based on PRT ratings will be fun. As will having at least one Entity capable of complex human emotions and planning, not to mention the sheer bullshit the cosplayer(s)' new body (bodies?) can pull. Will there be Equestrian capes? How will threat rankings be created in a completely different society to post-Cold War Earth? As Displaced go, an Entity will be on the higher end of the power scale, and has one of the higher chances to return home or survive in the Void. Hell, the Entity can become a Displacer themselved using proxies like the Simurgh or some other cape able to breach dimensional/universal barriers and drag Displaced over across the Void.

A freaking penguin in a mech suit? Sign this guy up

Endless legend displaced idea. Someone Displaced as a Broken Lord.

Collab Parnter required to aid me in WRITING a story of a Displaced Human becoming evil (Not the most original but I have a bit of twist)

OC name John
Age 10-11
Human World; Bully, Video Game Nut, Tortures little Sister who loves MLP (Good EX: Sid From Toy Story

Story; Arrives in Equestria through the usual means of messed up Interdimentional Travel and receives Superpowers where he is able to treat the world of Equestria like a video (Sorta like Digimon but not as complex) basically he decides to give into his darker temptations and reck the place up, now the Mane Six have to stop him and get him back to his senses. If he has any.

Qualifications
Must be able to use Google Docs
Must be a Good Writer.

Either than those two things not looking for much, it won't be a every day thing but as long as we are able to find a way to split the work fairly and have a relaxingly of course, I'm a easy going laid back kinda guy it's all for fun...then i think we should be good.

If interested in Co-WRITING pm
Me

Copied and pasted from League of Humans Acting Villainous.

I'm new to this group. I thought it would be nice to join since I think this is a cool concept, especially when it comes to "Displaced" characters.

And speaking of Displaced characters, here's an idea for one: What if the person who is/was transported to Equestria...was cosplaying as Slade from the Teen Titans animated series?

an idea i have is someone become amazo from dc comics, the android that can permanently copy any power he see's, as a displaced he would just copy powers of other displaced as well

Warmaster Horus from Warhammer 40,000 as a good guy

The Night Pride from the Lions, Tigers and Bears comic book series

An evil version of Maxwell from the Scribblenauts series.

Okay, I have been trying to figure out how to do something like this, but I really want to try this guy.

Haseo from .HACK. I just need to figure out WHERE to displace him

For anyone looking for a challenge and something different, here's an idea.

How about a displaced Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs.

In case you're wondering how that would work here's a thought. You're sent to the past and introduce some of Aiden's tech to Equestria to which jump starts a technological revolution. But then you're framed for a crime you never commit, royally piss off the princesses, get sealed away you know the routine. Then you get released during the show but Equestria now looks a bit like modern Earth with the technology and the internet. But there's a corrupt company that provides nearly any and all digital services just like in the game.

The idea is somewhat similar to -TMG-'s I WIll Hunt You Down where you're not just fighting against a few bad guys but an entire corporation that has nearly all of society on their side. And that's the idea.

sunset overdrive displaced why? Coz it fun and Pinkie Pie would fit right in.

Is it from a game? No. Is it from a movie? Mmm, no. It is cool? Hell yeah!

What if the cosplayer is the dude these three guys go looking for? Think how cool this could be! If they give him the sword, a cloak and a green laser mask like theirs (they have a red, a blue, and a yellow mask). Or maybe cosplaying as an eldritch creature like them, and they come to teach him how to control his powers (again giving him a cloak and mask).

You got my vote. :pinkiehappy:

If someone wants to take this and use it, feel free. But Mail me so i know to loo forward to the full thing, I would gladly proof read for the one working on it. Because I was planning on writing this but now I don't have time to write fics anmore so... I feel bad that i let this idea die so long ago.

Prince Of Darkness

A Prince in Medieval times gets tricked by The Merchant into buying a set of armor and a sword and is proptly displaced as Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate, but with Alucard's memories alongside his own. He is dropped into Equestria before Luna turns into Nightmare Moon and aids the two Princesses in their war with the Griffons. After the war Alucard falls in love with Luna but she still turns into Nightmare Moon and still gets banished to the moon like normal. After her banishment is over, Alucard is still living in the old Everfree castle and walks in on the scene after the Elements o Harmony are used on Nightmare. During the first four hundred years of Luna's banishment he was completely insane enough to rival Discord. However after the insanity subsided he fell into a deep depression that lasts until the end of her stay on the moon.

Thats all i had for a story idea.

P.S. Alucard is MARRIED to Luna in this fic, If I had written it out, they would have gotten married roughly one year before her banishment.

Jugo from Naruto. That is all.

Rico Rodriguez from the Just Cause Series.

Preferably from the second game or recently because he has a Grappling Hook that pulls himself to the Wall and won't let go unless he detaches it. And this Displaced Warrior would end up in either being prisoned for 1000 years until released and deciding to Cause Chaos whether the Royalties like it or not, or in Equestria where Caribou has taken over and there are factions(OR 1 faction) wanting to start an Uprising.

Though I know there's a Fic with that, but I don't know if it's going to update any sooner.

i have some ideas but i have just writtenthem here please use
https://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/928128

Locutus of Borg. Seriously. I'm kind of amazed nobody has done that before, it's such a giant piece of pop culture. I'd settle for Jean-Luc Picard. No fancy powers, maybe, but hell, there's a story in that. The Federation and the pones would mesh really well ideologically.

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service us."

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your cities. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Has anyone even tried mayhem from the spider girl comics? If anything that would be a interesting displaced character. If anyone needs her image well.

Yes she is a symbiote user but one without that second conciousness. And oddly enough she's on the chaotic good part of the spectrum. As in only thing different is that she has nothing against killing. Unlike the original spiderman who's technically her farther as no one is sure which of the two is a clone of each other in the case of may parker.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5081515 We've all heard stories about adults and teenagers going to a convention, buying some object from a Merchant/Original Displacer that finishes their cosplay, and getting shipped off to Equestria with phenomenal powers. Said person then has no goddamn clue how to control these powers, gets into major shenanigans and misunderstandings, and takes the name of their cosplayed character nine times out of ten.

What if we had a story where the Displaced was considerably younger than the usual stock? What if the little one was brought to the con in a costume, but they weren't able to find a prop that fit their size proportionally speaking? What if the older sibling of the Displaced purchased the properly miniaturized item for them and immediately gave it to their little bro/sis?

In other words, what if someone Displaced a baby?

...well...okay, so I kiiind of already planned to do one like this. Once I iron out some issues I had with my stories and finally get PXZ approved by the...er, official approval readers? What are we calling them again? - back on topic, I'll be exploring this concept with the Kirby I'm going to be Displacing.

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5127375 Did she...did she just make a Pokemon reference there?

LeoneHaxor
Group Contributor

5109686 Perhaps that would work well in an Equestria Girls-based universe.

5129800 it's kinda more like a sentai reference. Or megaman reference. But yeah I can see how you came to that thought. Just look up April parker on Wikipedia and you can learn about her. Time travel is at least involved with mayhem. And it's kinda confusing.

Gale the Anarchist
Group Admin

I'm sorry this isn't more detailed, but I just had the idea and had to promote it.

Morgan Freeman Displaced.

I can just imagine the ponies panicking, the Elements are called, and all he does is say “I don’t want to hurt you!” And because of his voice alone, all the ponies freeze, Pinkie and Rarity burst into tears wailing about “pure beauty” and “the true voice of God”, etcetera etcetera.

Okay so we all know , that often the displaced is the one doing all the fighting.

So here's my idea: get displaced as someone who can't fight or are mostly support, until they f.eks. invent something that makes them able to join the fight.

My idea? Gadget from Chip and Dale.

Very sure someone (probably me) asked this, but reverse Displaced?

I can see an idea of that with Twilight wearing her Second Nightmare Night outfit.

How about a dude in the body of Harbinger the first Reaper with his reaper army

I don'y know if anyone has thought or done this, but what if you got displaced as Celestia, Luna, Twilight, or even Cadence? But the problem is that the real princesses are are after the copycat! To make matters worse, the unlucky human looks and talks exactly like the princess that the human dressed up as. That would be a funny as hell story to read. Hope this inspires someone,

-Grave Walker

I don't know if this will get deleted or not... but this group needs more Displaced ponies...

kai from kung fu panda 3. I'm thinking bad guy displaced.

Battleborn Oscar Mike displaced, Idea. Why just think about it... He act like his a badass.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44