Sunset Shimmer 4,927 members · 6,763 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41

We all know about the main 6 and their pets, but what about Sunset? What pet would be the right one for her?

Comment posted by _____________ deleted Jul 24th, 2015

4571964 A horse. Because that would just be ironic. :raritywink:

A domestic Rat named Dazzle... I may be biased on this one.

I subscribe to the theory that Philomena, Celestia's pet phoenix actually belongs to Sunset Shimmer, and was hatched during Sunset's entrance exam to the School for Gifted Unicorns, just as Twilight hatched Spike. Celestia's just looking after her until Sunset returns.

Hard one... she's clever, but also assertive and can pack a lot of sass and attitude; she might also seem as misundestood as of Rainbow Rocks, since only the Rainbooms were willing to give her a chance after the Fall Formal fiasco... I know I'm just doing a psychological overview of Sunset, but I think that a pet should match her personality as much as her looks... I've thought of birds, snakes, lizards, cats, dogs... maybe something to bring the best out of her, like the kind of pet she'd like to protect and be cute towards... like a fish, a little lizard or a hamster... or what about a mouse or a rat? cute, clever, misunderstood creatures that can be cuddled and (mostly for mice) make you want to protect them... rats can learn tricks and have a LOT of personality, they can be as clean as cats, but not many are willing to give them a chance, due to "bad publicity"...

so, yeah, that's my final answer: Sunny's pet should be a brown-spotted, white rat, maybe two, knowing a lot of tricks and being able to cheer her up whenever she's feeling down... I wonder what Fluttershy would think of my reasoning XD

I actually like this idea, a pet Rat would be completely unexpected for Sunset Shimmer, considering how she was. I mean, take a look at Luna and her pet Possum "Tibbles". Would you expect Luna of all people, royalty no less, to have a POSSUM as a pet? Personally, I think it shows that companionship comes in unexpected places. And rats are often an obscure choice for a pet, so I think it would fit Sunset perfectly. :)

That is actually a good theory! :pinkiehappy:

What pet would be the right one for her?

Twilight Sparkle. :trollestia:

This is the only option. No other pet would do her justice.

I am going to use this now. Thank you :)

4572166 in the case of Luna, I think Tiberius the possum fits due to its nocturnal habits, although many would have prefered a bat, so, yeah, it does come as a surprise for her, and I think that way Luna and Sunny could bond over their little wormtail buddies :rainbowkiss:

Albi
Group Contributor

4571964 Thread already exists here

What a coincidence! I'm writing a story about this right now, appropriately titled "Sunset Gets a Pet".

Note, it ain't posted yet.

4572114 Initiating Headcanon Analysis Protocols

Examining Headcanon

Headcanon Accepted.

4572179 4572235 4572263 4572378
I wish I could claim credit for the idea. It's just a theory I heard a while ago.

But it begs the question: if Philomena is Sunset's pet, what would Celestia's pet be?

Celestia's Pet?

Sunset Shimmer :trollestia:

4572403 Would that make Twilight the replacement goldfish?

Cryosite
Group Admin

^This guy gets it.

4572421 I kind of figure Celestia kept getting a new apprentice over the centuries to care for just for somebody to keep her company while Luna was gone. Now? Luna is back. No pet needed. But she may still take new students on due to habit by now.

4572114 That theory also answers the question of "why the hell did Sunset have phoenix wings during that unused song?" Best explanation I could come up with.

Yep. The Philomena theory has existed since before My Past is not Today was released, so when that video came out, I was like "headcanon confirmed".

I still like the idea of her having a ferret.

I would say a wolf, but that's more than likely just me.

I was thinking, a Phoenix.

I was thinking of a phoenix like My Past is Not Today. But your theory is more acceptable.

4572114 Heh, I had the same idea. :derpyderp2:

You got me thinking with that. Thanks for sharing!

This make's a great deal of sense. Heck, it even make's Philomena a little tragic- Sunset didn't care enough about her to take her with her to the human world.
If you consider Spike Twilight's little brother... maybe Celestia made the two of them spend time together and bond to avoid a repeat of what happened Philomena and Sunset.

Mind if I steal this idea and write about it?

If you take the comic books to be canon, Sunset left in a bit of a hurry, so so might not have had time to collect her pet.

I don't mind if you use the idea, but as I did, it's not really my idea. Just a theory I've heard several times and rather like.

4571964 In my story, Sunset Rekindled, she gets a fruit bat named Bathilda. I figured it would fit her, since Twilight's pet is an owl.

4571964 I like to think that her pet would be a red and yellow snake.

Albi
Group Contributor

unlocked.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41