Ponification 1,406 members · 870 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50

I don't know why this isn't a thing (or maybe it is in which case link me to it), but i think its a cool idea. Its like zombie's but with ponies!

That's amazing!

That sounds cool but a few questions.
Does the victim simply turn into a pony or do they become some kind of slave?
Do the victims become anypony or an OC?
What makes this a bad thing? most of what i'm imagining are positive flight, magic, earth pony strength, weather control, and teleportation this all sounds like positives to me :rainbowhuh:
Still pretty cool idea

Well if it's "like zombie's but with ponies", that doesn't sound very interesting because Zombies are portrayed as being mindless (isn't the point of ponies that they are intelligent, among other things?), or it's the 28 days later style where they are compelled to attack and convert humans. There are probably a few stories that do that already in a few alternative conversion bureau style universes.

Also, it would feature a lot of dead ponies killed by humans. Not really appealing for writers I assume.

Though I know at least one story that does it in parody: Friendship Space is Dead Space 2 except with ponies replacing the attacking necromorph plague and converting humans, with a specific agenda to convert the protagonist above all else because he has/is something they need.

If you mean ponies as being infectious, I don't recall seeing that before, but again you'd see things like quarantines and dead ponies, especially if ponies are shown to be constant carriers of the virus.

If it's something else, like a gas cloud or whatever, I think the idea might have the chance of going places.

The Conversion Bureau: Other Side of the Spectrum would be right up your alley. Pretty much the only TCB story I enjoy.

Just a pony.
I'm thinking OC.
It's not a bad thing, people are just scared of the unknown.

The last 2 are what i'm thinking. I see this as a flu level virus. not too much cause for alarm.

I see this as a flu level virus. not too much cause for alarm.

Unless you are thinking of a surreal story, anything that has permanent effects will be cause for all kinds of alarm, even if being a pony isn't bad at all.

One of some ideas we had for this scenario of an entire town being turned into ponies was that Discord was responsible for taking an entire town and changing it into an actual Pony town where every pony lives, works, and plays. We had an alicorn Princess as the head of the town and every pony went to her for answers. One quest was that the mail pony was delivering the mail to the wrong ponies and we had to get the mail to the right pony, which allowed the group to interact. There was even a mysterious, but friendly Kirin (eastern unicorn) who talked with some fillies about good manners. A store owner and his daughter were there and a young pony and her baby sister were at the house my pony went to to deliver missing mail. Then she met some friends and went on some adventures a la the Mane 6. Turns out, the group we had was mirroring Ponyville. We had a good selection of earth ponies, Pegasi, and unicorns in the town and at least one changeling who was posing as a unicorn mare.

What i mean is that its got the infectivity of the flu

Um.... Please explain how this is relevant, I see no way how this can be what i'm thinking.

So, once people are ponies they are no longer infectious? Only during the initial coughing stages and whatnot?

I still think it would be cause for massive alarm, but other than that I expect it to peter out after awhile if people can't get infected again (because they are already ponies).

Then again, if it kept affecting ponies like the Flu does (Feather Flu?) then it would be a slow but steady transformation of all humans on the planet, unless they go out of their way to separate themselves from ponies. I'd expect those kind of people to be extremely xenophobic.

I've actually had that same idea on the back-burner for quite a while now.

Well if it's "like zombie's but with ponies", that doesn't sound very interesting because Zombies are portrayed as being mindless (isn't the point of ponies that they are intelligent, among other things?), or it's the 28 days later style where they are compelled to attack and convert humans. There are probably a few stories that do that already in a few alternative conversion bureau style universes.

I solved that problem by having the ponies go 'feral' for four-six months while their minds are rewritten, with some never 'waking' from that state.

Problem though, is... A,) the pastel horde isn't quite something that strikes fear into the hearts of men, killing quite a lot of the drama.

And B,) what's basically feral horses with super-powers played realistically was just way, way the wrong type of creepy for me. :raritydespair:

Don't get me wrong, I get that there's some really potent drama in waking after a year or so of being just an animal, and having to deal with the fallout... But since at least part of that fallout would near guaranteed be foals, I simple haven't felt like writing that story.

They still will be infectious just only for a few days. (the virus can't survive long in ponies)

You are correct on that.

Yep and those people will see it as an apocalypse.

I'm imagining this as becoming a big colab like TCB or five score, with each story being from another perspective across a world that isn't dying, and yet the people left who are not ponies will do anything to stay that way.

I would write it myself but my grammar isn't perfect.

If you know anyone who can explain grammar for me i will gladly write this.

I should make an image macro using your avatar with the caption "I'd read it", based on how often I say that to your ideas.

I solved that problem by having the ponies go 'feral' for four-six months while their minds are rewritten, with some never 'waking' from that state.

Hmm, yes, I can see potential in this idea. It's be quite dark of course just from the theme. A good majority of people and ponies will either die or never wake up from the feral state and have to be put down eventually I believe.

I'd imagine something like 4/5ths of all humans either killed or converted, with the majority of the converted killed as well, leaving both populations comparably sized. A billion or so humans remain, and a couple of billion or so ponies with their intellects intact (after many ponies commit suicide) before the second phase of the conflict would begin, in which I imagine that number on both sides to fall further before they arrive at a settlement. Ponies being ponies, I imagine that a good portion of the intelligent converted would try to stay away from humans out of fear they'd be killed, and it would only be extreme pony groups (or retaliation for hunting ponies) that would confront the humans in conflict.

If relations are possible again would depend on if the recovered ponies continue to be infectious I imagine. Even if it was only through biting, there would still be a bite here and there even by intelligent ponies for whatever reason (accident, fights, or even premeditated), and the risk of restarting an epidemic ALA 28 Months Later would mean at the worst completely closed relations, dealing with ponies at a distance or through barriers only, until there was a way to make humans immune.

Problem though, is... A,) the pastel horde isn't quite something that strikes fear into the hearts of men, killing quite a lot of the drama.

Yes, from the perspective of a normal zombie apocalypse it would appear that way. Except for the fact that Pegasi can ambush you from the clouds, and Unicorns could grab people from long distance and pull them closer with telekinesis, and Earth Ponies could break through solid concrete and thin metal walls.

Zombies with super powers is a scary concept, and while the ponies obviously aren't zombies in the sense that they won't crawl around with only a head remaining still animated and trying to bite people, the powers make up for it.

Especially if even 1/1000 of the Unicorns can teleport. Or if Earth Ponies could burrow through the ground.

B,) what's basically feral horses with super-powers played realistically was just way, way the wrong type of creepy for me. :raritydespair:

On this I agree, but I'd still read it, even out of morbid fascination.

But since at least part of that fallout would near guaranteed be foals, I simple haven't felt like writing that story.

I noticed your stories don't really have children in them. I think the only cameo I can think of off the top of my head is Twilight Sparkle's human child from One Pony's Curse Is Another Man's Blessing. Beyond you talking about it for that Fallout Equestria story idea, is it a difficult subject for you?

I mean, even most zombie films/stories don't really talk about children (even if it's implied) unless they are trying to be deliberately super creepy with zombie babies or horrifically tragic with children attacking their own parents.

You could always explore an after they start to regain their intellect section of the story with foals. That way you get some of the drama without the horror (beyond the implied, of course).

Hmm... mmm... just the idea from Left4Dead, where some humans are just naturally immune. Would these kind of people just be... ignored by feral ponies? They get bit and the ferals sense that they are 'infected', so leave them alone even if they don't transform (or transform fully, hello anthro). That'd be an interesting perspective.

Do you intend to have the virus stay around indefinitely (Even if most ponies are free of it, it could still be passed around like the common cold making them occasionally infectious. That's why the Flu and the Common Cold are still around as they keep mutating and people who were immune to the previous strains aren't immune to the new versions.), or to peter out as it runs out of people to infect as the remaining humans quarantine themselves?

I would write it myself but my grammar isn't perfect.

If you know anyone who can explain grammar for me i will gladly write this.

Don't let that stop you, your grammar seems decent enough for a first pass, and an editor could clean it up for you before you publish it. I'd offer to do it as I'm interested in the idea. Just don't expect miracles.

It will mutate like the flu.

And thanks i might try to do this now and get a editor.

but i need to set up the starting virus.

I'm open for suggestions on it just follow a few rules

1. This is not the zombie apocalypse people will usually be infected by accident (or intentinal in the case of it being used by someone for whatever reason)

2. The virus is uncurable due to the nature of the virus' antigens(there magic that's why it turns you into a pony).

edit: I forgot a rule

3. Madagascar must fall(or shut down everything)

Well it's a virus that will cause a transformation. That's a pretty odd result, unless it was genetically engineered to do so for another purpose.

Perhaps it's meant to cure something, and be invasive about it. Something like a cure for cancer? The virus from Planet of the Apes is based around curing Alzheimer's Disease (which is why the apes became intelligent). Why make it complicated as to the origin of the virus before it was modified? You want a Flu like virus, so make it a Flu virus. The Bird Flu is a thing that exists, and we know that there is a Feather Flu among ponies later, so...

Why ponies though? Perhaps there is something from an equine virus that attacks cancer. Or something from a dead virus that was recovered from 'a long time ago', around the age when stories of Unicorns and Pegasi would have originated from, and this 'special virus' has properties that make it useful in fighting cancer.

Antigenic Shift, the combining of two different strains of virus into a new strain, could be the source of the virus. The engineered virus which is meant to cure cancer mixing with something unexpected, maybe a new version of the Bird Flu, and what came out from the random swapping was completely unexpected.

There are many ways to go about it.

As to getting Madagascar, either have it be hit in the initial outbreak or be the source, or leave it as is as one of the few human strongholds.

4255260 I was thinking it was from equestria but that can work too.

Now for the symptoms!

Besides turning you into a pastel colored pony its the flu.

But this will not be you get it and instant pony this will be slow.

I think i will have it take a week.

What will the transformation be like.

Do we start with the ears, or the eyes. The face, or the tail.

Should we have rule 63, or not.

One last thing, the immune system MUST be last to change as only the pony immune system can fight the virus.

4252945 Well, somehow the entire part of that world ends up looking more like Equestria or Ponyville (cars end up as carts, etc). The main characters will remember their lives as humans, but the other ponies (friends/family members) will be full ponies and think their foal may be acting strangely (using non-ponyisms like everypony, anypony, etc or refusing vegetarian dishes in favor of meat).

That would be weird that you would go to your favorite restaurant and find the menu is now similar to what you'd find in Ponyville, like all McDonalds, burger kings, etc become Hay Burger franchises or the cafe Twilight and Spike go to in the Ticket master. One cafe ends up becoming similar to Sugar cube corner and all your money is in Bits. Is that more of a reality shift type of thing?

4255540 That's not a virus that's across the dimensional divide played on a larger scale.

4255260 Feather flu only affects Pegasi as what was seen in Hurricane Fluttershy. Twilight was spraying some disinfectant on Thunderlane and other ponies, so there may be some anti-bacterial sprays one can use to keep from spreading the flu, other than staying home from work/school if you have a fever, etc. Travelling while sick would not be a good idea, as airborne communicable diseases like the Pneumatic Plague that hit England around the 17th Century, or the common cold, influenza.

The only equine based diseases would be hoof-and mouth disease, equine encephalitis, Hoof rot (they make a product they sell at the local farm and fleet stores for that) and whatever the diseases Flim and Flam mentioned in their sales pitch for their Miracle Curative Tonic in A Leap of Faith.

4255567 More of a reality shift, which Discord would be responsible in some alternate reality universe thing? Everyone/everypony would be affected except those who get sent to Equestria, who would have to deal with having earth pony strength and being able to help produce food, fly like a pegasi and work with weather, or use magic from their horns if they end up as an unicorn. Along the way, they would have to meet the Princess/administrator of the town/city and get answers.

Oh, you want there to exist an Equestria independent of Earth? Either way that's a pretty big plot point so I suggest deciding one way or the other. Either way I suggest not focusing too much on Equestria if it does exist, the story should focus on Earth and what changes it goes through from having magic start appearing. You'll want to decide if MLP:FiM exists as a show in the universe or not. I prefer not, the surprise is better that way.

There are several transformation universes that have different rules from each other that I'm aware of. The big four are:

Pony Earth 'Verse - Wakeup one morning as a pony. Instant transformations while you sleep. The transformations are into existing ponies. Rule 63.
Five Score Divided By Four universe - On the 25th birthday, you start changing into a pony. All the transformations are slow and follow the same changes, to the point where someone posted a transformation timeline that details what changes happen when. The change takes place over a 3 day period, and like Pony Earth 'Verse are into existing ponies. Rule 63.
OC Tales - Bronies around the world start changing into their OC characters after an event. Gradual transformations, order of transformed parts is completely random, but they all happen at the same intervals (everyone changes slightly at the same time, but what changes is random). Transformations is into OC characters, none of them are canon. No Rule 63 -- Whatever gender character you use as an OC is what you transform into, and for almost everyone that's the same gender as them. All the OCs are shown to exist independently of their creators and will usually talk with them while in their dreams, usually to give them advice on how to work their body.

and my personal favorite:

The Chaotic Touch of Harmony - Discord 'randomly' (it's not very random, all adults 25 years or older that have the means and mentality to get away from civilization during their transformation, though their age after transformation is normalized to be 'in their prime', and a pony canonically lives to be 165, meaning he was 65ish when he transformed and lived a hundred extra years as a pony) selects people to change into ponies. Each person has a 75% chance of becoming a mare and a 25% chance of becoming a stallion, so half of all mares and half of all stallions are gender swapped, so some rule 63, but not all. Completely OC ponies, as Equestria (specifically the planet Equus) exists independently (and they get advice from ponies like Twilight Sparkle on how to use magic). No one is changed into an OC pony, but rather is changed into a pony version of themselves. No cutie marks, they have to earn them for themselves. Also, MLP:FiM as a show doesn't exist in this universe, so the reaction is more bewildered as people start becoming horse aliens with unexplainable powers. Transformation is gradual, and we only see 2 people transform (everyone else met is already transformed), and their order of changes were different, save for growing a tail first. The only constants are "anyone becoming a mare had their tail appear first where stallions developed the ears and surrounding fur before all else."

In all of the universes with gradual changes, the changes are done within 3 days of beginning. OC Tales has them mostly transformed after 24 hours. Chaotic Touch is around 0-2 days depending on circumstances that change the transformation speed (being around other ponies makes it go faster, in the second shown example less than 24 hours). In all of the universes, the initial changes are slower than later changes that speed up the transformation, mostly to give everyone time to escape to a safe place to finish the transformation.

My personal suggestions:

Equestria exists, may be the source of the disease, but there is no easy travel between there.

MLP:FiM as a show not existing, makes the disease weirder.

Rule 63 sometimes, with gender disparity favoring more mares than stallions.

Illness lasts around a week (5-7 days) but the transformative parts of it only occur later on, after a few days, so the actual transformation takes 2-4 days depending on circumstances (like immune system, what drugs they are on, general healthiness, body type, conflicting diseases, etc).

Suggested order of transformation: Tail, Hair->Mane, Eye color, Ears, Fur, Feet, Face, Body Shape, with it being a bit more organic (read: mixed) than clearcut. So the face and body shape and fur would all be changing at the same time.

4255660 Alright that's pretty good. But now the big one.

How painful is the change of skeletal structure.

This is important as it may change first thoughts on the disease. As most doctors may think it as some odd cosplayer without seeing first hand the changes. If they suddenly fall to the ground writhing in pain they may take another look.

In every transformation universe it's at most uncomfortable, never painful unless they were trying to do things like hiding their tail as it kept growing, or cutting it off in Chaotic Touch's case (though there it grew back as long as the transformation was still active. Any mutilation after it ended was permanent though).

Considering it is gradual and not sudden, I think it shouldn't be painful. Uncomfortable, especially as people try to remain bipedal when their spine and hips change to quadruped, but not painful unless they actively contort themselves (or are contorted by someone/something else).

Also I'd personally expect the transformation to cause people to be bedridden, like seriously feverishly sick; sweating, shaking, all that stuff. Anyone walking around while in the midst of transformation would be obviously ill, especially midway through. They'd be not that sick at the beginning and get better after they neared the end as the immune system changes.

It IS a disease after all.

4255790 I guess the only question now is how it got here which i already figured out. (and if i write this how it got here will be a prologue.)

and since it would end up in the synopsis i don't think it would be spoiler worthy but just in case.

Twilight Sparkle was working with a strain of the flu when...uhh... Ok so I haven't figured that part out yet the how it got here part maybe... Pinkie... or Rainbow... or Canterlot high... No wait scratch that last one!

I don't know I have a general idea but i have no cause for the effect.

I mean I do, but it would require the help of my OC. Which i think is a bit on the edge of garry stu. If not for him having horrible luck.

In 3 out of 4 transformation universes, the answer is Discord.

The last one (OC Tales) the event that started the transformation was caused by humans running a particle accelerator on a laptop while watching FiM episodes as it all malfunctioned. Could still be caused by Discord, the story hasn't progressed far enough to know.

In short, unless you want to be original, Discord. It is guaranteed to generate a bunch of chaos after all. Otherwise the humans having a hand in causing it is a bit of a twist. Having it come completely from Equus from ponies would probably cause Twilight a lot of angst for having effectively destroyed another world, even on accident.

4255866 Alright Discord it is then.(Watch the references fly.)

I wanted to stay away from him due to the fact that in the wrong hands (mine and kp's) Discord will bring me make as many references as possible.

Now that i think about it so would my OC.

It's not like he needs to be in every scene. Once it gets started, he can step back and let it go. Him setting it up could be shout out heaven, but I would highly recommend not having him in the story except for a few additional scenes afterwards, or if confronted.

Dammit, Chrome crashed, and took my post with it. :twilightangry2:

Still, for the record...

I noticed your stories don't really have children in them. I think the only cameo I can think of off the top of my head is Twilight Sparkle's human child from One Pony's Curse Is Another Man's Blessing. Beyond you talking about it for that Fallout Equestria story idea, is it a difficult subject for you?

Really not sure where you got that from.

A Rare Source of Irritation have Sweetie play a big role in the second chapter, and the other crusaders pop-up as well.

Horse Feathers haven't gotten there yet, but will actually feature the CMC as main characters.

My Life As My Ironically Bad OC have the title character's son as an important character. I mean, sure, he's old enough to be an undead (if friendly) abomination, but he's still her son. Heck, 'Wapanzi' even means 'Beloved' in Swahili.

Dark Horse is a proper Dresden Files crossover, so one word: Maggie. She just haven't had screen-time yet, but she has been hinted at.

And holly-molly, one of the Pinkie's in Sufficiently Advanced alone have 431 kids, two which are going to be main characters together with their mom!

And like you mentioned, there's a few in One Pony's Curse aside from Twilight and Zecora's little darling. If admittedly, so far 'blink and you miss them' aside from that one.

But... yeah, I'm a bit confused how you came to the conclusion that my stories never feature children. :applejackconfused:

4255920 I'm thinking that every 4 or 5 chapters I will have at the end a meanwhile in equestria where Twilight's trying to fix things. with Discord making jokes on the side. that's my problem. i can't make a good joke to save my life.

But... yeah, I'm a bit confused how you came to the conclusion that my stories never feature children. :applejackconfused:

Apologies, I stand corrected, but it's because I have yet to read A Rare Source of Irritation. The other stories only hint at, or have 'children' that don't count as children anymore (and in Pinkie's family may never have counted, seeing as they've been forked and all have some of her memories). I was referring of course to young children -- foals since you made the comment about them.

'fix' things huh? I wonder how that would go. Something tells me the only 'fixing' that will get done is making the remaining humans immune to the transformation. Otherwise, a disease to reverse the transformation might be just as bad as the original thing.

I'm guessing you intend to have the whole disease thing be an accident rather than intentional. Probably the only way to not have Discord be a villain again.

As for writing Discord, some authors have him be a very literal character, where they just have him talking in metaphors while making them into reality. Or be random in what he is doing (like drinking the glass out of a glass of wine, leaving the liquid) rather than cracking jokes all the time. Chaotic Touch of Harmony treats him like that, he makes almost no jokes in there, but does a ton of random stuff.

Some authors write Discord really well while not having him be Mr. Reference Man. I suggest stories by alarajrogers like Not The Hero, which is supposed to be a non-reformed Discord. Another good (and short!) example of reformed Discord is that one currently in the feature box, A Mad Glimmer.

I was referring of course to young children -- foals since you made the comment about them.

Ah, OK.

Well, not really a grand mystery in that case. A grown child lets me have most of that flavor of family drama, but with that added bit of agency it becomes easier to flesh them out into proper characters slash have higher stakes in that drama.

So it's more a case of a personal writing preference than a problem I'm struggling with.

My actual problem in the context of this tread was that such a foal that got born during a 'pony-demic' featuring a feral stage would raise some rather troubling questions about actual consent, father & mother-hood...

And that is if both parents start going clear in the head at the same time; let alone if the poor bastards have gone full pony and formed a herd with other infected.

Heck, in wild horses stallions will actually kill foals from mares they don't remember mating with. Can you imagine having a hazy flashback to that and remembering how it somehow made perfect sense at the moment? :pinkiesick:

So... yeah, some rather heavy themes to tackle to do the concept justice, and I simply haven't felt like writing something that dark.

So... yeah, some rather heavy themes to tackle to do the concept justice, and I simply haven't felt like writing something that dark.

Whoa, I just thought you were referring to changed children, not foals born afterwards. That is pretty dark, and I'd have a hard time unthinking it.

I do have a suggestion as an alternative though, that the feral converted just aren't interested in procreation, but instead are like 28 days later zombies in they are obsessed with spreading the disease instead.

If the disease had some otherworldly origin, you could even justify it as self-removing of failed converted (because they never recover) so they don't interfere with the successfully converted.

Whoa, I just thought you were referring to changed children, not foals born afterwards. That is pretty dark, and I'd have a hard time unthinking it.

Yeah... Not going to lie, my mind goes to some dark places sometimes. I blame having watched too many ducumenteries about 'mother' nature growing up. :fluttershbad:

I do have a suggestion as an alternative though, that the feral converted just aren't interested in procreation, but instead are like 28 days later zombies in they are obsessed with spreading the disease instead.

If the disease had some otherworldly origin, you could even justify it as self-removing of failed converted (because they never recover) so they don't interfere with the successfully converted.

...Sure, that could work.

Still, I think you'd be doing the central premise of 'zombie apocalypse but with ponies' a disservice by playing the darker elements too safe like that.

Might just be my friends and family, but I'm rather sure most of them remember 28 Days Later for the new and (then) exciting twist of fast zombies; not because it had an explanation why its technically alive zombies don't... well screw to be blunt.

Again, dark as hell, but I genuinely think a story that dares tackle such elephants in the room would be stronger —if far squickier, for it.

Still, I think you'd be doing the central premise of 'zombie apocalypse but with ponies' a disservice by playing the darker elements too safe like that.

I genuinely think a story that dares tackle such elephants in the room would be stronger —if far squickier, for it.

Well OK, it would be a stronger story for it yes, but there are other ways to make a story strong without embracing every possible implication of horror fetishes. It's not like all zombie movies are created equal with that kind of horror in mind; The early ones were more about exploring the human condition than straight up gore fetish shots that some of the modern ones are like.

And 28 Days Later is about half and half with being a human condition story itself as opposed to horror porn like the Dawn of the Dead remake.

It's not like there is a shortage of things making the setting dark. If someone else wanted to tell the story of foals born to feral ponies, let them. The writer of the original work isn't obligated to follow every dark path, only hint that it was probably a lot worse than shown.

4256020 In my mind what Twi will do is one of two thing's.

1. She will try to find where the virus went and try to stop the spread.

2. Go coocoo and use the time spell to stop it(with discord pleading her not to mess with the space time continuum).

Depends maybe Dissy didn't know what he was taking from Twi and just was playing a prank(a lot of fic's make reformed Discord a prankster).

Thanks for the tips i was thinking trying to be show accurate but thats dangerous for me. Since i'm a comedy critic, not a comedy writer.

Unless i remove logic from the joke i'm a bit better when i add madness.

A virus that targets humans for transformation to ponies (assuming it doesn't affect anything else) made in Equestria is awfully specific, and slightly unbelievable. You may have to add in another layer of coincidences to get to the point where the final virus exists.

Ok,how about this.

The virus changes the host into the closest equestrian relative. Since most animals from earth are also on equis this shouldn't be a problem(except for horse the virus is fatal to them).

Any more questions?

You do know every animal in Equestria has a much higher degree of sapience than Earth? Some, like Cows and Sheep, can actually talk. Horses do have a counterpart in Equus (assuming that's the planet name), the Saddle Arabians.

That's kind of a huge change, especially since humans eat Steak and Lamb. And they'd risk getting infection from their food stocks, that's interesting. That's one way to force a race into vegetarianism.

Imagine cats and dogs being able to really understand conversations even if they couldn't participate in them? All the birds would be more intelligent too...

You risk making the virus unavoidable because every animal can carry it, even pets, even meat from animals. Bird migrate all the time...

What would happen to Horse-Ponies on Earth? I'm slightly curious why the counterpart to humans are ponies and not any of the other races (Griffins, Dragons, Zebra, Minotaurs, Diamond Dogs, Changelings, Saddle Arabians, etc).

I'm slightly curious why the counterpart to humans are ponies and not any of the other races (Griffins, Dragons, Zebra, Minotaurs, Diamond Dogs, Changelings, Saddle Arabians, etc).

Humans are the dominant species on earth. ponies are the dominant species of equestria.

And the reason the flu kills horses is because they are so similar enough to the ponies that the virus kills them as if they had AIDS.

Don't get me wrong, I get holding back for artistic reasons.

Quite a bit of difference between showing an upturned crib covered in blood, or just having a on-screen all-the-zombies-can-eat baby-buffet at a kindergarten or something, after all.

I was mainly trying to argue against ignoring the darker aspects and trying to sweep them under the rug. Not everybody care about it, but your readers WILL notice that type of stuff being hand-waved away.

Like... well, the utter and baffling absence of babies and children in most zombie stories, to be blunt.

Comment posted by mspatman0919 deleted May 2nd, 2016

4252564 A few questions.
1)when they change into a already existing character, are their memories erased and replaced by that ponys memories?
And 2) when this happens what happens to the pony in equestria when the person changes into them?

5210606 1)ok. its just i saw 2 fanfics in the ponyearthverse. one where someone turns into Octavia and after awhile starts to gain her memories and losing his own in the process. and another one called let her in, where because he made lots of fan art, fan fiction, and fantasizing him become a pony, made the cosmos create a real princess celesta who then started to make everyone on earth into ponies from the show or make them into ones that don't exist in the canon. and most of them get their memories morphed into the memories of the already existing pony, or get their memories rewritten to the point to where they think they've been ponies all their life. that's why i asked that question.
and 2) that's a really good fanfiction you made. you're a really good writer.

5210671 Thanks I'm pretty good, even if I get distracted way too easily. (Been playing Fallout 4 nonstop since I got it three days ago.)

5212271 man. i wish i had fallout 4.
but did you read what i said about me reading 2 fanfics that kinda use the things that i asked in my question which ill guote. "1)when they change into a already existing character, are their memories erased and replaced by that ponys memories?
And 2) when this happens what happens to the pony in equestria when the person changes into them?" see i quoted it it took me an hour. now that i think about it why didnt i coopy my comment and past it?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 50