• Published 28th Jul 2016
  • 2,170 Views, 1,695 Comments

One Hallway, Many Doors - David Silver



Tabitha was given a building. It belonged to her family, but they're gone and it's hers. She can handle this! What's this odd email? Where does she want to go? She wants to stay with her apartments. Take with her? Her apartments. Stupid spam.

  • ...
26
 1,695
 2,170
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 33 )

Many tales for another time, as the Beginning, comes to an Ending?

Now its Celestias headache. I wonder what she will send their way next. :trollestia:

A little sad to see this end, but no door remains closed forever.

It was a fun ride!

Either you're pulling a fast one on us with the incomplete tag, or you typo'ed it :derpytongue2:

Well... gotta say I'm rather unsatisfied, if this was the end. Yeah, it was a big slice of life, but still... lacked a conclusion. What exactly is a caretaker, after all? What will Tab+Spring child be? And... OK, not much. But it feels somewhat abrupt and lackluster, for a ending. Your stories do tend just to kinda die because although that chapter is over life goes on... but still, as endings go you leave us wanting more. Not in an overly excited manner, just... more climatic, I guess? :applejackunsure:

Haven't read other silver 'verse stories, though. So YMMV.

Sad to see it end. Was a fun fic :moustache:

7709295 I spent 3-4 chapters winding things down. I give up.

So it ends. I would like to live in this apartment I think. The only bad part would be finding a good job in Equestria, I would get lucky like Silver did.

7709325 I don't think it's your fault in that. Maybe it's more our - or my - expectation that it would go longer. Well, it is done and whatever would come after that is left to our own imaginations...

Oh, there is one thing! What about the Text? Did he just left, or is it still lurking? Yeah, tabs' family future can be exactly that, the future, but The Text is one thing that kinda went poof. Did he really or he just stop interfering because the building got interesting enough on its own?

7709350 He/she/it has other stories to make. Browse on through other Silver Verse stories. Heck, this one is actually a prequel.

7709360 Prequel? Huh, nice to know. I do have a stupidly large backlog, though :pinkiehappy:
But rest assured I will. The hints to what happened in them rather made me curious :rainbowdetermined2:

I read this last chapter with a crying :applecry: and a laughing :pinkiehappy: eye. Crying because it ends, so I hope we will come back sometime in the future. Laughing because it was a great tale one of the best I have read one this side.

I salute to this work of art.

Disappointed it is over because I quite liked it.

But it had been winding down for a while now and if it's over its over.

7709442 It's not that I couldn't keep it going, 'cause I certainly could!

Even while winding down, I think I've shown plenty of threads that could be followed.

But to each an end. I think this story came out well.

Well, can't say I'm not disappointed that it's done, but as far as your endings go this was very good.

7709448
You certainly could do more but... well while there were more conflicts, it seemed like each of them was a "cool" conflict that was on its way to the end anyway, except for the one that's a foregone conclusion (that Bon Bon goes back to her abuser Lyra).

I figured the lack of forward momentum contributes to you wanting to stop, although since it was sponsored it might be related to those.

7709549 I cannot blame my lovely patron on this one at all. It was all me.

7709554
In a lot of ways, the end was Tabitha coming into her own with the Caretaker business, and while there are side threads, the main thread was resolved, so the story only tied up the most pressing ones for us fans who cared about Dark and Razz, and then the story came to a close.

7709247 First name has English origins, last name land of my ancestors. Auf Wiedersehn til your next guess for now.:pinkiehappy:

7709554 What? End? Finished?:pinkiegasp: AAaaaawwwww!:pinkiesad2: We don't get to meet Tabs and Springs baby,:raritycry: I was curious to see what it was going to be? Oh well it has been a fun ride on this one I hope there is a revisiting somewhere else in the verse at some point. Seems as if Tia has Plans for Dark Vision/Paul at some stage so this has a good foreboding. Blessings to Tabs, Spring (& bubs), Razz, Dark, Bubbles and Trap, hopefully Tabs keeps her magical Stargate home in order and may keep it in the family.:pinkiehappy:

(P.S. Oh I suppose farewell to Horpip the 'POMPOUS':facehoof: not that he surpassed his valuable help with kind words for others.)

I am vary happy with this story. yes it is a Silver verse story but at the same time it stands alone making a statement to the ability's of David Silver and his righting.

exultant righting MR Davis Silver.

A nice end.
Keep going! ;)

I read this chapter and see this storymarked complete and all i can think is:

"Oh thank GOD! Jim's Earth-side portal door is stable! Tabitha has her Internet back! BEST. END."

Finally caught back up, and while part of me is sad to see it end, another part of me is satisfied at having read another story to completion. Many stories try to go on and on without conclusion, and those can be tiring to read. It's nice to see that, at least in part, things have concluded for the time being. The future, though... Never know what the future might bring. X3

I just had a thought...

What if Spring's Master's disguise is Tree Hugger?!

7728765 I won't deny the idea.

You know, if you are gonna put warning you wanna add hermaphrodite centaur and involontary transmutation there.

Because this sure as heck in NOT just human in equestria is it?

Because I don't mind kinks but I do mind when they come put of the blue and without warning.

And I'm drastically more uncomfortable with what is essentially a magic equivalent of rape. (Violating someones form, permanently, irreversably, without consent? Holy shit.)

7741463 Did you finish the story?

7741502

Sorry, the sheer ammount of body horror that bit about permanent, involuntary transformation induced. I just can't consider going forward. Even if it gets reversed, or the characters Comes to realise beeing a centaur is the real him/her.

Imagine doing a favor for your room mate, and to repay you they kosh you over the head and replace your legs with these sweet, awesome tentacles. Because they heard you like anime and assumed you were into tentacle porn.

I'd consider forgivig a murder attempt easier. Anyways, it's a strong reaction on my end.

7743201 Don't be roomies with one of the Fair Folk.

Sure, her tenants would get into amazing arguments at times. A holy warrior trying to 'take care' of their cthuloid tenant, or a magical experiment that gave everyone a rash. Their building was never boring to be in.

It would make for a great sequel.

This story reminded me of Mundens' Bar in Cynosure, or the Nexus from Quantum Leap.

10640812
True. But in this circumstance I feel you were spot on with how the salesmare should've been acting.

11695536
Oh, uhh... I guess I might've accidentally hit the post button at some point? On a side note, from chapter 1:

Other horses marched past, a few glancing at her building and 'For Rent' signs, bust most just trotted past without worrying much about it one way or the other. Wherever she was, the building didn't stand out too much.

Login or register to comment