• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,279 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,279

PreviousChapters Next
Unexpected Help

Simmons came back with a glass of water to where Twilight was sitting, which she quickly grabbed from him and promptly took a small sip.

"Thank you very much." Twilight said quietly.

"No problem." Simmons said.

"Simmons, would you be a dear and come up here?" Rarity called from her room.

"Sure." Simmons called back. He turned to Twilight and nodded. "Do you need anything else?"

"No, that's okay." Twilight answered. "Rarity will need a lot of help with what she’s doing."

"Alright then." Simmons said as he made his way up the stairs.

"What exactly is she doing?" Church asked.

"I'll tell you once we're done telling the others." Twilight said happily.

Church decided not to press the matter any further. Twilight suddenly gasped and started to rub her temples.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Church asked with concern.

"I... yes." Twilight said quietly.

Church stared at her until she looked up and gave a weak smile.

"Let's get going. We still have two more stops to make before we’re done." Twilight said, struggling to stand back up. Church helped her regain her footing and she smiled.

"Okay, something went wrong." Church said. "We really should get you to a-"

"I'm fine." Twilight insisted, starting towards the door.

"Okay then..." Church muttered. Church and Twilight made their way to Sweet Apple Acres in total silence, only interrupted by the occasional gasp of pain from Twilight. Church grew more and more concerned every time she gasped, but every time he tried to talk to her she insisted she was fine.

They arrived at the gate to see Big Mac sleeping under a tree with a bit of straw jutting out of his mouth. "Hello Big Mac." Twilight greeted.

"Afternoon." Big Mac yawned.

"Is Applejack around?" Twilight asked.

"Eeyup." Big Mac grunted, looking over at the house.

"Thank you." Twilight said quietly.

Big Mac gave a curt nod and dozed back off. Church followed Twilight up to the door of the house which opened before Twilight had a chance to knock.

"Howdy there youngin's." Granny Smith said. "What kin I do fer ya on this fine day?"

"Hello Mrs. Smith, do you know where Applejack is?" Twilight said.

"She's up in ‘er room, you kin make yer way up the stairs." Granny Smith said.

"Church you stay down here while I go talk to Appleja-" Twilight started, but fell on her front knees and grunted.

Church quickly went by her side and looked her over.

"Is she okay?" Granny Smith asked worriedly. "I'll go git 'er some of mah apple tea."

"Okay, you are not fine." Church preed. "You must have gotten something else from my head."

"I didn't think I di-" Twilight started but saw Church's worried expression. She sighed deeply. "It's just that when you told me about all you've been through I thought maybe I could take some of that pain away too."

"Why would you do that?" Church asked firmly. "What I've been through drove me crazy, what did you think would happen if you tried to take some of that away from me?"

Twilight started to speak but Church's horn started to glow brightly as he placed it on her forehead. Church focused on the pain in her head and took it back and he fell back as the pain came back to him in a sudden rush. Twilight looked at Church who was giving her a hard glare. "Not only was that stupid of you, but it was an invasion of my privacy." Church grunted.

"I'm sorry." Twilight said. "I just wanted to help."

"Next time ask me before you do anything to my mind." Church muttered.

Twilight broke eye contact as Granny Smith came back to the room with a tray that held a single cup on it.

"This should git rid of that there headache right quick." Granny Smith said.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'm feeling better now." Twilight said quietly. "I'll go talk to Applejack."

"Wouldja like some tea, er, what was yer name again?" Granny Smith asked.

"My name's Church." Church said. "And I'm going to have to say no to the tea, but thanks anyways."

"Alrighty, if ya be needin’ anythin' at all, I'll be in the next room over." Granny Smith said.

Church nodded but decided to stay where he was while he waited for Twilight. He felt bad for snapping at Twilight like that because he knew she was only trying to help.

After what seemed to be an hour, Sarge came in to the room from the front door and saw Church. "Blue." Sarge nodded.

"Sarge." Church nodded back.

"What are you doing here?" Sarge asked.

"Twilight needed to talk to all of her friends and she won't tell me why." Church replied.

"I see." Sarge grunted. "And what was with that yelling I heard earlier?"

"You heard that, huh?" Church asked.

"Hard not to." Sarge said.

"Well don't worry about it, I was just angry at nothing." Church said quietly.

"Business as usual for the blues then?" Sarge asked with a small laugh.

"Pretty much." Church replied.

Sarge left the room and made his way up the stairs to see Twilight coming out of Applejack's room.

"Twilight." Sarge said with a nod.

"Hello Sarge." Twilight said quietly.

"You okay?" Sarge asked.

"I think so." Twilight said.

Sarge looked at Twilight and let out a small cough. "I know it's none of my business, but that blue has been through hell and back twice over." Sarge said quietly. "He's still not used to people actually trying to help him rather than kill him - me included - so don't let what he says when he's angry get to you."

"Thank you." Twilight said with a smile.

"Don't mention it." Sarge grunted. "Don't tell him I said that, okay?"

"I have a feeling he wouldn't believe it even if I told him." Twilight said.

"Glad to hear it." Sarge chuckled.

Twilight came back down the stairs and made her way to Church. "We're done here, I just need to stop at Rainbow Dash's place and if you don't want to come with me, I understand." Twilight said.

"No, I'll come." Church said. Twilight nodded and made her way to the door but Church stopped her. "Listen, I'm sorry I talked to you like that, I know you were just trying to ease the pain. You have to understand that I've been living with this shit my entire life and there is a reason it drove me crazy you know. I just don't want to see you to get hurt on my behalf."

"That's okay, I should have asked if it was okay with you before doing it." Twilight laughed weakly.

"So we're good?" Church asked.

"We're good." Twilight nodded. "One more stop then I can tell you what you want to know."

"Alright." Church said as he opened the door.

PreviousChapters Next