• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,277 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,277

PreviousChapters Next
Apologies

Fluttershy came back in through the back door of her cottage and looked at the clock, which read eleven fifty in the morning. Fluttershy sighed and trotted into the living room, where Grif was sound asleep on the couch, snoring lightly, with Haley curled up at the other end of the couch. Haley glanced up to Fluttershy as she reached the couch and yawned. Fluttershy giggled as she began petting Haley on the head. Grif snorted, before resuming his light snoring.

"Grif, are you awake?" Fluttershy asked quietly.

"I am now." Grif groaned sitting up on the couch.

"Sorry for waking you, normally I wouldn't, it's just that you said you would ap-"

"I know." Grif sighed, patting Haley on the head. "Can I have breakfast first?"

"Can't you eat after you're done with Tex? It won't take that long."

"But... breakfast."

"It's almost noon."

"You're right, it is a little early for breakfast." Grif said jokingly.

"I'm sure you'll feel much better once you've apologized."

"It'll probably feel more like ripping off a band-aid. And then pouring a jug of lemon juice on the wound. And then rubbing it in salt. Maybe throw in a few razor blades for good measure."

"It won't be that bad."

"You're right, scratch the razor blades." Grif agreed. "Just leave the salt and lemon juice."

Haley let out a low whine as Grif jumped off the couch, heading to the door.

"I'll come with you." Fluttershy said quietly as Grif opened the door.

"You know you don't have to do that, right?"

"I know, but you might need some moral support."

"Good point." Grif grunted. His stomach growled and he rubbed his belly. "God I'm hungry."

"I know." Fluttershy said sweetly.

Grif gave Fluttershy a small nod and they set off to the library. They walked in silence, mostly due to Grif trying to work out what exactly he was going to say. Once they got there, Grif hesitated a moment and stopped.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"Nothing, just my life flashing before my eyes, that's all..." Grif coughed. "Do you think... do you think you could get her out here? I don't want her to be near any blunt objects to throw at me."

Fluttershy nodded, still convinced that his words an actions were for naught. She quietly knocked on the door and waited a few moments. Once she realized that she knocked too lightly, she knocked harder, and this time there was an answer.

"Hang on a sec." Church said from inside. After nearly a minute, the door swung open and church stared at Fluttershy. "Hey Fluttershy. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, hello Church. I'm here with Grif."

"Fascinating." Church said as he looked at the broken Grif. "What happened to him?"

"Tex didn't tell you?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, but I figured it was her. How did you manage to get Grif to come here? Don't you know he still hasn't had breakfast by this time?"

"I know, but he promised he would apologize to Te-"

"Why would he do that? It looks like Tex should be the one that does the apologizing..."

"No, she hurt him in retaliation."

"Still." Church shrugged, but left it at that. "I'll go get her."

"Thank you." Fluttershy smiled as Church closed the door.

After a few more minutes, Tex opened the door to see Fluttershy looking at her fearfully.

"What's going on?" Tex asked suspiciously, and saw Grif sitting a few feet away.

Fluttershy walked behind Grif and began pushing him towards Tex. Once he was just a few feet away from her, Fluttershy stopped pushing him and walked a few feet behind him to watch him apologize.

"Hi..." Grif muttered reluctantly after a few seconds.

"Hi." Tex said icily. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Grif looked back at Fluttershy, and she gave him an encouraging smile.

"I came to-"

"Let me guess, try to make me get a bad reputation?" Tex interrupted with a rough laugh. "Well guess what, they didn't care. Besides, I already-"

"Shut up. Jesus, I'm having a hard enough time doing this as it is."

Tex eyed him warily, but nodded at him to proceed.

"I just wanted to say... sorry."

"I find that hard to believe." Tex snorted. "What are you really here for?"

"That's it. I'm sorry." Grif said hastily, wanting t get it over with. "I should have realized that you're at least trying to change, and even though you're an undeniable bitch, I shouldn't have done what I did. There I said it."

Grif let out a sigh of relief, happy that he was done, and looked to Tex who had a curious expression.

"You're serious, aren't you." Tex asked sincerely.

"Yeah, and I mean I didn't have to do anything anyways." Grif said with a laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you fail at everything right? So if you try to make friends you'll just end up-"

Grif was interrupted mid-sentence due to Tex slamming her hoof in his nose, loosening the flow of blood once more as he soared several dozen feet away.

"You're an asshole." Tex hissed.

"And you're a colossal cunt." Grif coughed as he rolled on the ground.

"You shouldn't have even bothered coming here." Tex snapped, walking towards him.

"L-leave him alone." Fluttershy said slowly, stepping in front of Tex.

"Get out of my way."

"No." Fluttershy said firmly.

"No?" Tex echoed, surprised that she was getting in her way.

"N-no thank you."

"One more chance. I can understand Grif picking a fight with me, he's a jackass who can't think two seconds ahead, plus we have history. But you?" Tex laughed, walking past her. "What could you possibly do?"

"I'm asking nicely, please leave him alone." Fluttershy said quickly, beginning to grow slightly more forceful.

"Don't be an idiot."

Fluttershy glared at Tex for a brief moment, before shooting her eyes wide open, gazing at Tex. Tex stared into it for a brief moment and shivered. She quickly closed her eyes and dashed towards Fluttershy, not looking into her eyes. Fluttershy realized too late that her stare was not doing anything, so she turned around an began running. Tex lunged at Fluttershy an picked her up by her throat. Fluttershy tried flapping her wings, much like what Grif had done, but Tex pressed her against the ground.

"Stop it!" Grif snapped, jumping to his hooves.

"You're going to listen to me very closely." Tex said as she tightened her grip on Fluttershy's throat. "I don't give a shit who you think you are, or what the hell you're trying to do, but-"

"Let her go." Grif yelled, slamming his head into the side of Tex's jaw, sending her tumbling to the ground.

"I'm surprised you still have balls." Tex chuckled, clambering off the ground. She lunged at Grif and punched him in the side of the head, sending him flying half a dozen feet away from her. "Let's see if we can't fix that."

"Maybe this was a bad idea..." Grif grunted, attempting to get off the floor.

"You think?" Tex chuckled.

Grif tried to hit her with his hoof, but she side stepped the attack, then kicked him in his bad leg.

"God dammit, that's not fair!" Grif complained as she grabbed him by the throat, pinning him lightly to the ground.

"Tell you what, you happened to catch me in a good mood."

"You mean not one hundred percent bitch mood."

"Don't push it." Tex warned him. "And since I'm in a good mood, I'm open to suggestions to what happens next.

"You go your way, and I'll go mine?"

"Sounds good to me." Tex nodded, releasing her grip on Grif. "You better hope next time I'm in this mood or better, because I'm still pretty pissed about you trying to sabotage me. And next time, keep your little friend in line. I'd hate to have to hurt her, she seems nice."

"Yeah, she was the one that wanted me to apologize to you. She thinks that it's possible for you to get friends, which I disagree with completely." Grif said as he crawled off the floor. He looked over to Fluttershy, who was shivering in fear, and began walking towards her. "How are you doing over there?"

"Fine, t-thank you." Fluttershy said meekly, avoiding eye contact.

Grif gave her a weak smile, holding out his bad leg to her. She stared at it for a few seconds, then grabbed it. Grif yelled in pain and sat on the ground to take the pressure off of his injured limb.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sor-"

"Stop apologizing dammit." Grif chuckled, rubbing his nearly destroyed leg. He then extended his other foreleg to her. "That was my fault. Probably should have remembered that."

Fluttershy nodded slowly and reached for his good leg, and he pulled her up to her hooves.

"You hungry?" Grif asked idly.

"No. W-well, maybe a bit..."

"Good, because I'm fucking starving. Let's go grab some breakfast."

"But it's lunch time."

"Huh." Grif said as he looked at the sun. "Brunch it is."

"I didn't bring any bits..."

"I did." Grif smirked, pulling out a small satchel of bits out from under his wing.

"I'd feel bad if you paid for my food." Fluttershy said sheepishly.

"Hey, this money is practically yours anyways." Grif chuckled, but saw that Fluttershy was looking away from him. "Listen, I'm not going to hurt you. I had to hurt her to stop her from hurting you. I mean, who else is going to feed me and give me a place to stay?"

"Oh... I guess you're right." Fluttershy said sadly.

"That was a joke." Grif muttered as he rolled his eyes. "Seriously, how can you not tell by this point? Now come on, were grabbing some grub."

"Well... alright." Fluttershy said, blushing lightly. "Brunch it is."

PreviousChapters Next