• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
True Stripes

"Don't read the entirety of the letter, please." Cheerilee said when Theta went to read past the name.

"Okay." Theta nodded, then folded the paper and put it behind his ear.

Cheerilee smiled at him and waved at him. Theta half waved back and walked out the door.

"What took you so long?" Scootaloo asked when she saw Theta come out of the classroom.

"Just talked to the teacher."

"Is she finally goin' t' talk t' those two and tell 'em t' stop?" Applebloom asked.

"No, she just wanted me to talk to Twilight about something." Theta shook his head. "I might be there for a bit, so you guys can go to Sweet Apple Acres if you want."

"Alright." The girls nodded and began walking away, leaving Theta with his brother.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Sigma asked.

"A little bit." Theta said as he walked towards the library. "But just wait outside for me, okay?"

"Very well." Sigma nodded and began trailing his brother like a hawk.

It took them a few minutes to arrive at the library, and Sigma escorted Theta without so much as questioning why they were going. Theta knocked on the door and walked inside when Twilight told them to come in.

"You know this is a public place, you and other ponies don't have to knock to come in." Twilight said as she came in from the adjacent room. She saw Theta and tilted her head at the coltified fragment. "Theta, what are you doing here?"

"Cheerilee told me to come here, but I don't think I need it. I just came because I didn't want to make her angry at me."

"She wouldn't get angry at that, she was probably just giving you a suggestion." Twilight said with a short laugh. "Do you know why she suggested you come here?"

"Well, today we were supposed to do math, but I just didn't do the work. She saw it at the end of class and thinks that I can't do it."

"You’re bad at math?" Twilight asked with a skeptical chuckle.

"No, I knew the answers, I was just thinking." Theta replied quietly.

"I see." Twilight said. "What were you thinking about?"

"About stuff." Theta shrugged.

"Uh-huh. So you're saying don't need my help, right?"

"I don't think so." Theta said, then held the letter up to Twilight. "I think I should still give you this though."

Twilight raised her brow and grabbed the letter, instantly knowing there was more to it. Had Cheerilee just wanted her to tutor Theta, she would have just asked Theta to see her. Twilight unfolded the letter and read it.

Dear Twilight,

I know you are the one that helped Theta get signed up for school, so I felt I should probably ask you to do this. I know there is a possibility of you not having the time to do what I am going to ask, I just felt that seeing as you have more experience with him than I do he will take your words further to heart more than he will mine. As the new colt in school he appears to be having some trouble with the other students. As such, I want you to teach him how to ignore them. From what I've seen he has been avoiding being confrontational with them, but he is still bothered by them. I will talk to Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara's parents about it, but I still feel he could use your advice on the matter as well since you know what it is like to be the new pony in town.

--Cheerilee

"Ah, that's what this is about." Twilight nodded.

"What's what about?" Theta asked curiously.

"Theta, are any of the fillies giving you trouble at school?"

"I don't know..." Theta said quietly. "I mean, I guess maybe a little, but it's not that bad..."

"What did they say?"

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." Theta smiled weakly at her and turned around. "I think I should probably just go. Sigma is waiting for me outside. Thanks for tr-"

"Theta, problems don't solve themselves." Twilight said softly.

"I know they don't, but Sigma doesn't like it when I get picked on so if they don't stop he'll step in and stand up for me, just like last time. I'm sitting next to them, and Sigma is sitting nearby, so he'll hear what they say."

"Why don't you stand up for yourself?"

"Because it's too hard." Theta scowled, looking at the ground. "I mean, I'm smaller than them, and I'm not that great at talking in front of others."

"Don't you think that's probably why they do it? If you don't stand up for yourself and make others do the talking for you, they'll just think less of you. If you want them to stop, you have to do it yourself."

"So you think I should tell Cheerilee?"

"Cheerilee's job is being a teacher, because of this she won't do anything."

"But isn't it her job?" Theta mumbled. "If her students are picking on me, she should make them stop."

"It's not her place to." Twilight sighed, wanting to tell him Cheerilee wants him to teach himself. "You probably shouldn't keep the others waiting. Just think about what I said, okay?"

"Sure." Theta said quietly as he left the library, thankful that she wasn't making him stay for tutoring.

Sigma bowed his head at Theta and began walking with him back to Sweet Apple Acres.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you seek out Twilight?" Sigma asked when they reached the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres some minutes later.

"We just talked about school." Theta dismissed as they walked through the open gate. "How was your day at school?"

"Fine, aside from the fact that those two colts kept bothering me." Sigma said quietly.

"Snips and Snails? What did they do?" Theta inquired with a smirk.

"Let's just say they were very... insistent on me being their friend."

"They didn't try to give you their answers, did they?"

"They tried, but I told them that their answers were wrong. After that they started asking me for my answers. But that wasn't too bad. What was bad was every three seconds they invited me to do something with them, and no matter how many times I said no, they kept asking."

"At least that's all they're doing." Theta sighed, turning into the orchard to go to the Crusader Headquarters.

"Regretting your choice to sit beside them?" Sigma asked, finishing his question as icily as he could.

"A little bit." Theta admitted. "But I don't want to move yet."

"Are you sure? I'd be about as happy as Omega during one of his violent rants if I were to sit next to them."

"O'Malley does like his violent rants." Theta chuckled nervously, but shook his head a few seconds later. "Let's give it a week or two, and if they're still bothering me we can switch."

"If you feel that's what you want." Sigma nodded.

They soon arrived at the Headquarters and walked inside to find the three crusaders sitting at the table, looking through their list of activities.

"Oh, how about this one?" Applebloom asked, not having heard or seen the two others come inside.

"Don't be silly, they wouldn't want to do that!" Sweetie Belle chortled.

"Ah guess." Applebloom nodded with reluctant acceptance.

"How about racing?" Scootaloo asked as she slammed her hoof on her list. "We could see if they want to do that. I could use my scooter!"

"That's hardly fair." Sweetie Belle smirked.

"Finding something to do is difficult." Scootaloo grumbled, crossing her forelegs.

"I wouldn't mind racing." Theta coughed innocently.

"Back already?" Applebloom asked. "We thought ya'll would be there longer."

"Guess that just shows how fast I am." Theta smiled.

"Listen to him go on." Scootaloo chuckled as she lightly tapped his shoulder. "Think you're faster than me, is that it?"

"No, I don't think I'm faster than you." Theta shook his head to a now smug Scootaloo. "I know I'm faster than you."

"Pft, yeah right." Scootaloo rolled her eyes. "Tell you what, how about we race around Ponyville?"

"Fine. Just give me an hour to get ready." Theta said, running out of the Headquarters to get back to the farm. "Come on Sigma, I'll need your help."

"Er, Theta, what are you planning?" Sigma asked, following Theta's speed.

"You'll see."

PreviousChapters Next