• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,274 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,274

PreviousChapters Next
Small Bets

"This isn't a joke Grif." Church said.

"I thought it was pretty funny." Grif muttered. "Just trying to make light of the situation."

"How can you not be worried?" Twilight asked.

Grif shrugged and sat up on the table. He then jumped off and pain shot through his hoof again.

"Okay maybe I'm a bit worried." Grif said, grinding his teeth together in pain. "But Church, you know that I have lived through a lot worse."

"I know you can take a beating. I remember that time with Tex when she-"

"Yeah." Grif said, placing his hooves instinctively over his crotch at the mention of Tex. "I remember, and I am in no hurry to revisit that."

Church couldn't help but let out a wry smile.

"Anyways, you can take a beating, but each of those times nobody actually tried to kill you." Church said. "They just tried to harm you."

Grif looked over at Church and raised his brow.

"Okay, so maybe Sarge has tried to kill you a couple times." Church said. "But I don't think he really wants you dead."

"What would make you think that?" Grif asked.

"Remember that time that Tucker almost killed you with Sheila?" Church asked.

"Tucker tried to kill Grif?" Twilight asked, appalled at the thought.

"Sarge took Simmons organs and put them into you." Church said, ignoring Twilight’s question. "And when you went into the forest Sarge didn’t accept the idea that you could be dead."

"Really?" Grif asked.

"Yeah, well. He kind of said that he would be the one to kill you. But the thought is still there."

"How inspiring." Grif muttered sarcastically, but did not hide his smile.

"But now it isn't just a beating you're in for." Church said, getting back on topic. "You've been told that odds are that you will die."

"Now I'm less worried." Grif said.

"How?" Fluttershy asked.

"Because I know that Sarge will get me before this shit does." Grif said, motioning to his infected hoof. "And Twilight said there was no cure. I've never been the one to volunteer for fighting, and I'm not going to fight something that is out of my hands- er, hooves."

Twilight stared at Grif, and looked back at the book. "The book said no cure has been found, that doesn't mean there isn’t one." Twilight said.

The others looked at her with questioning gazes. "What are you saying?" Grif asked.

"I'm saying that we shouldn't give up hope just yet." Twilight said. "I say we look for something to help you."

"But giving up hope is the only thing I'm good at." Grif said.

"What about that zebra, Zecora?" Church suggested. "She lives in that forest, so wouldn't she know more about the kind of stuff that goes on in it?"

"That would probably be the best place to start." Twilight agreed, nodding her head. "Fluttershy, you stay here with Grif, we'll go get the others to help us."

"Okay." Fluttershy said.

"Come on Spike, you're coming too." Twilight said.

"What? Why me?" Spike asked.

"Because you're going to apologize to Tucker."

Spike groaned, but did not hesitate to jump on to Twilight’s back.

"We'll be back soon." Twilight said, opening the door and walking out.

Fluttershy nodded slowly and sat down next to Grif. Church gave a half-hearted wave to the pair and made his way out the door, shutting it behind him. Fluttershy kept staring at the infection, blaming herself for what is happening.

"You really need to stop blaming yourself." Grif said.

"I can't help it." Fluttershy said weakly, hugging Grif once again. "You are going to die and it's all my fault."

"How about a bet?" Grif asked.

"What kind of bet?" Fluttershy asked, wiping a tear from her eye.

"When I make it through this." Grif said. "Not if. When I make it through this, you spend a day in my shoes."

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked.

"Take a day off. Sleep, rest, whatever. Just stop worrying about every little detail." Grif then raised his good hoof and smiled weakly. "Deal?"

"Deal." Fluttershy said, shaking his hoof, matching Grif’s weak smile.

Twilight’s first stop was Sugarcube Corner, catching Rainbow Dash and Tucker as they were leaving. They quickly ran the situation by them as they grabbed Pinkie and Caboose. The group then made their way to the Carousel Boutique, where they found Rarity beginning her work on Simmons’ suit. Although they didn't fully explain what was going on, they knew that it seemed serious. The group then made their final stop at Sweet Apple Acres, where Sarge was cavorting about with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"What's going on?" Sarge asked as the group walked up.

"Grif is in trouble." Church said.

"Anything out of the ordinary?" Sarge asked.

"It turns out that the timberwolf attack had more of an affect on Grif than we thought." Twilight said.

"What do you mean?" Sarge asked.

"He has been infected by the timberwolves, and if we don't find out what's wrong he could..." Church said, trailing off. "Who are the little ones?"

"Oh, right." Sarge grunted. "Listen, why don't you girls come and see me later. This might be a little bit out of your league."

"Nothing is out of our league." Scootaloo said happily.

"Trust me. This is." Sarge said.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders hesitantly nodded and made their way away from the group. Sarge nodded at Church to continue.

"Anyways, the infection is painfully making its way through Grif’s body. If we don't do anything soon, Grif will be... seriously injured."

"Hrm. If I exert zero energy, I get exactly what I've always wanted..." Sarge said with a laugh. "Yeah blue, that's a hell of a compelling argument on your part, bravo."

"We're serious." Twilight said. "Grif could die, don't you care?"

"Yeah, yeah." Sarge grunted. "Wait here, I'll go get Applejack..."

"Don't mind him." Simmons said, "Sarge just doesn't want anybody to know that he will be the one to take Grif out before anyone else."

PreviousChapters Next